Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Road Trip to AMS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
You guys can say whatever you want, but I'm not convinced that an 18 year old without a college education can pay for all that on his own. Sorry but the example of making 12/hr an hour and living at home doesn't correlate to the thousands this guy is dropping. After taxes, car payment, insurance, gas and oil changes, he would be lucky to have 200 bucks left. Having a 1500 dollar DVD player in your car and 10k worth of mods on your 36k car, while taking 2 weeks off work and spending 1500-2000 dollars on hotels? It DOESN'T add up. Of course, every teenie bopper is going to vehemently deny parental help...they all do. I've seen it countless times. No convincing is gonna help.

And "star-struck" is FAR from my perspective on the situation. I could do the same thing as this kid next week, pay for it all in cash and drive back, but this kind of disregard for money only happens when it's not yours. Like the other guy said, having an Evo and a few mods at 18, OK, I can probably see that. But these expenditures CANNOT be sustained by an 18 year old without help from rich parents.

As far as him being an Evo enthusiast, cool. But what is the purpose of this thread? Is he hoping other Evo owners will sympathize with him for his (monetary) misfortune? Why sympathize if Mommy is footing the bill?

Sorry you're having bad luck buddy, just ask for a nice Christmas present from the folks, or a raise in your allowance.
Not sure why Im wasting my time with your ignorance but here are 2 out of 5 of my accounts for places where I advertise with and convert online offers for.

Mommy and daddy huh? okay...

As far as him being an Evo enthusiast, cool. But what is the purpose of this thread? Is he hoping other Evo owners will sympathize with him for his (monetary) misfortune?
The purpose of this thread is to provide a good story. It's also for sparking a discussion, this IS a discussion forum.

Last edited by MTRJunior; Dec 20, 2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AHHAAH Complete PWNage. Cant wait for the car to be back..haha
Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lmao thats awesome
Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:54 PM
cMw
Evolving Member

haha thats one hell of a trip dude
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

see that? that just happened! how you feel about that?!

were american cause were in america!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gary 805

Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

post pics of CIR!!!!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PKEVO8
post pics of CIR!!!!
dont have em yet
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:29 PM

I made a lot of money between 16-18, but that was designing sites for large companies through an advertising firm during the dot com boom.

MLM/pay-per-click stuff almost never pays out on average. That's why they're lovingly referred to as schemes. But I suppose I've seen stranger things.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:43 PM

PS: let's see the sites you're generating all these leads from.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:47 PM

BALLIN. Im sorry i couldnt resist. now a days youth are more motivated to make money. not saying that hes a "youth" but ey. HE WORKS HARD.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:16 PM

A 19 year old that uses mommy and daddy "a little bit" is telling me to grow up and work more. That, is irony

Jealous? Perhaps, but I'd much rather have the satisfaction of paying for everything on my own...which brings me back to the main crux - what is the point of this thread? To feel bad for people like you? Why would I feel bad for kids that are sponsored by Mommy and Daddy racing?
Yea for him to put in his profile "paid for" that says it all!!!!!!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:28 PM
Account Disabled

You guys can say whatever you want, but I'm not convinced that an 18 year old without a college education can pay for all that on his own. Sorry but the example of making 12/hr an hour and living at home doesn't correlate to the thousands this guy is dropping. After taxes, car payment, insurance, gas and oil changes, he would be lucky to have 200 bucks left. Having a 1500 dollar DVD player in your car and 10k worth of mods on your 36k car, while taking 2 weeks off work and spending 1500-2000 dollars on hotels? It DOESN'T add up. Of course, every teenie bopper is going to vehemently deny parental help...they all do. I've seen it countless times. No convincing is gonna help.

And "star-struck" is FAR from my perspective on the situation. I could do the same thing as this kid next week, pay for it all in cash and drive back, but this kind of disregard for money only happens when it's not yours. Like the other guy said, having an Evo and a few mods at 18, OK, I can probably see that. But these expenditures CANNOT be sustained by an 18 year old without help from rich parents.

As far as him being an Evo enthusiast, cool. But what is the purpose of this thread? Is he hoping other Evo owners will sympathize with him for his (monetary) misfortune? Why sympathize if Mommy is footing the bill?

Sorry you're having bad luck buddy, just ask for a nice Christmas present from the folks, or a raise in your allowance.

Just so you know - I met this guy's pal on the dyno a few weeks ago and he told me the whole story about how they were going to AMS and about how the young man in question invented some great idea and made out well for himself

I say more power to these guys - they will never forget this adventure !

When I was 18 we were racing $1,000 hulking V8 powered hot rods with bondoed fenders and leaking oil - its a new generation !

Just last week there was a 17 year old who came with a Subaru to get tuned who paid for the car and all his mods himself with his day trading proceeds . . . . . yes he is a smart young guy and will prob be a CEO of some large company one day

Just keep the sunny side up please - thats a lot of power for a young man to unleash - take your time and get used to the power

Last edited by DynoFlash; Dec 20, 2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Gary 805

Shake and Bake !

Quick Reply: My Road Trip to AMS