Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Road Trip to AMS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey dude, i gave u a pm.. i live 5 miles away from saint charles and close to AMS.. if you need any help.. let me know... same thing happened to me about the theft..

JAY
Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gary 805
The fact that your so stuck on putting knowlege to paper yet not about using knowlege to make paper. i have to college at all but iam an electronics engineer, bought my car cash. now how is this? cause i know my mom and dad never bought me anything. and you can ask anyone here if Danbury CT is a rich area? kenosia? so keep on man. seriously iam not sure if its the hate in you or you just dont get enough love at home . its cool i love you man.

as for the thread. read it.
it was never about his age it was about the journey that they took to make it out to AMS as for letting us know how it went on the way and what he went through. You went off that and adlibed your own parts of the story. It is what it is man. Let it be.

edit:: Look Below
haha loook how heated this dude is over this. aww. well atleast your evo is paid off for. and you have 1520 posts. good on you.
I have one question Gary - how in the hell are you an electronics engineer with "to college at all" or is that supposed to be "no college at all"? I'm not jealous of Junior, I'm just amazed that someone can get on the internet, do this marketing thing or whatever it is he does, and make that kind of cash. I, on the other hand, am 35 in the millitary working on aircraft for the past 8 years and bring home a measley 2660 a month. I mean WTF, how can my 8 years of work and long 9-10 hour days not earn me more than Juniors "marketing" crap he does on the internet. Junior has made more on that example he posted above than I earn all year. It just makes absolutly no sense how some jobs like what Junior does or professional sports players make these obsurd amounts of money and people that work what, IMHO, are important jobs like law enforcement, fire fighters, school teachers, and millitary personell make absolute crap for money. We work our asses off putting our lives on the line or teaching the youth of America everyday. Why can't our jobs get paid what we are worth? I don't understand and it's what pisses me off about the society that we live in. All of these other professions get to reap the rewards of a nice, carefree life while other people protect and educate the masses. It's like we give of ourselves so others can "live the good life". Personally, I'm sick of the 9-10 hour days, the moving every 3-4 years, the absolute crap I put up with on a daily basis, and the watches and duty section weekends that I work on top of my 45 hour workweeks. I will be getting out after serving for 10 years to go to UTI and get my ASE master certification. Hopefully I do good enough to get into the BMW STEP program and come out a BMW Certified Diagnostic Technician. I love high end cars and anything that's fast. I know a certified BMW tech makes pretty decent money, it's gotta be more than the pathetic 36 grand I earn now after 8 years on the job. My enlistment ends in Dec 08' - I can't wait to get out, I'm sick of the borderline poverty level pay and I want to start "living the good life" instead of working my *** off just to pay for a car and live with 3 other people in the same house.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

pmed..
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

what an great thread! sounds like a hell of a road trip... lets the haters hate bro.. feed off it you should go to that titty bar and then post some pics... oh yea of the car too.. pics of the car.. good luck
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Ol boy pulled out the snapshot of the accounts! Hahahahaha

good job man, very nice!
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nooshefx
Ol boy pulled out the snapshot of the accounts! Hahahahaha

good job man, very nice!
i had to :-p

hoping to post some pics of the car, chicago indoor racing, and dyno

the car is planned to be dynoed on Thursday 21st
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hannibal Smith
I have one question Gary - how in the hell are you an electronics engineer with "to college at all" or is that supposed to be "no college at all"? I'm not jealous of Junior, I'm just amazed that someone can get on the internet, do this marketing thing or whatever it is he does, and make that kind of cash. I, on the other hand, am 35 in the millitary working on aircraft for the past 8 years and bring home a measley 2660 a month. I mean WTF, how can my 8 years of work and long 9-10 hour days not earn me more than Juniors "marketing" crap he does on the internet. Junior has made more on that example he posted above than I earn all year. It just makes absolutly no sense how some jobs like what Junior does or professional sports players make these obsurd amounts of money and people that work what, IMHO, are important jobs like law enforcement, fire fighters, school teachers, and millitary personell make absolute crap for money. We work our asses off putting our lives on the line or teaching the youth of America everyday. Why can't our jobs get paid what we are worth? I don't understand and it's what pisses me off about the society that we live in. All of these other professions get to reap the rewards of a nice, carefree life while other people protect and educate the masses. It's like we give of ourselves so others can "live the good life". Personally, I'm sick of the 9-10 hour days, the moving every 3-4 years, the absolute crap I put up with on a daily basis, and the watches and duty section weekends that I work on top of my 45 hour workweeks. I will be getting out after serving for 10 years to go to UTI and get my ASE master certification. Hopefully I do good enough to get into the BMW STEP program and come out a BMW Certified Diagnostic Technician. I love high end cars and anything that's fast. I know a certified BMW tech makes pretty decent money, it's gotta be more than the pathetic 36 grand I earn now after 8 years on the job. My enlistment ends in Dec 08' - I can't wait to get out, I'm sick of the borderline poverty level pay and I want to start "living the good life" instead of working my *** off just to pay for a car and live with 3 other people in the same house.
what can you do man, some people are a lil lucky/fortunate... i started working at scotts at the beginning of this year as a tech-pushing fertilizer n spraying weeds w/pesticides.. busted my *** all year only making $800/week. just last week, i got a promotion to a sales position making about double that! so.. hard work does pay off.. and i did go to college.. 2 actually, but school just wasnt for me.. im 22, i plan on going back at some point, but rite now i got a good thing going.. and i actually "like" going to work everyday.. anyways i plan on buying my evo around summer time.. if there are any left yea i get a lil jealous when i see some lil spoiled kid drivin an evo or sti that mom/dad got em.. but i know at least im working for mine.. hard work pays off!! and people need to get off this kids back about making money on the internet.. i got a friend that sells **** on the internet and he makes surprisingly good money!! so anythings possible
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MTRJunior
i had to :-p

hoping to post some pics of the car, chicago indoor racing, and dyno

the car is planned to be dynoed on Thursday 21st
...which is later today im sure you'll get some good numbers up.. i keep hearing good things about these guys at AMS
Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

I cant go to sleep, im too pumped
Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:03 AM
Yme
Evolved Member

I cant go to sleep, im too pumped
what time r u gonna pick up the car?
Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

Wow some bad luck at the start. x3

seems to be improving, and its quite cool to read the updates as it is going on. best of luck with the car .

I guess with stock block 35R...

420 pump
500 race
Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

wow you guys have been through a lot. i wish i had seen this thread earlier i was in chicago this weekend, and you guys seem to need some company. awesome thread though. haha i think it's funny cause i worked my a** off for my OZ and I EVEN GET crap from my friends at school for being spoiled. It's just funny how resentful people can be.

You want to know who posts in here giving you trouble for being awesome? people who simply can't make it cause their ego filled up the space where their brain goes

can't wait to hear how the car goes. i'm making the trip back to the east coast tomorow, watch those ohio troopers man they will get you
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the continued support , everything is getting better, just hoping everything ends well with the dyno tune and I could drive the car off the shop and around town for a little bit before heading home Friday . Im going from a stock clutch to triple carbon...so I dont know what to expect...a stall or 2? lol
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:30 AM
Yme
Evolved Member

Thanks for the continued support , everything is getting better, just hoping everything ends well with the dyno tune and I could drive the car off the shop and around town for a little bit before heading home Friday . Im going from a stock clutch to triple carbon...so I dont know what to expect...a stall or 2? lol
Everything is gonna go great bro. We'll be here waiting for the results. Don't go crazy now lol jk
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Yme
Everything is gonna go great bro. We'll be here waiting for the results. Don't go crazy now lol jk
Still cant go to sleep lol....

Im looking around trying to find the best prices for :

BeatRush Undertray
Ralliart Evo IX CF Lip

or some place around here that sells any of these parts...so i can pick em up and save on shipping while im here...my undertray snapped from the piece of deer as most of you know, and I dont want to drive back undertray-less

if anyone else cant go to sleep...mind helping me out? lol

Last edited by MTRJunior; Dec 21, 2006 at 02:36 AM.

Quick Reply: My Road Trip to AMS