Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does anyone think or know....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
talking about porting & polishing, did you get a hotside yet?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha...no, not yet, still looking, there is a site that sells them, but they need the core first to modify, while buschur has the ported coated that i can buy, just not to eager to get back in that install lol... but if you promise to help, ill pick one up right now
Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:56 PM

just because its on the hotside doesnt mean that it doesnt matter. Your just heating up the charge air/intercooler that much more (doesnt matter how minescule the amount is). Disperse/conduct are close enough to the same thing. Its worded conduct in this welding book here in front of me.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rhds13
just because its on the hotside doesnt mean that it doesnt matter. Your just heating up the charge air/intercooler that much more (doesnt matter how minescule the amount is). Disperse/conduct are close enough to the same thing. Its worded conduct in this welding book here in front of me.
How are disperse and conduct the same thing when they have completely opposite meanings?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
haha...no, not yet, still looking, there is a site that sells them, but they need the core first to modify, while buschur has the ported coated that i can buy, just not to eager to get back in that install lol... but if you promise to help, ill pick one up right now

You can count me in on helping anytime Ill be bored as hell anyways for the next couple of weeks cuz Im on leave and have nothing planned until my IX gets here then its part swapping time!
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shvc1991
How are disperse and conduct the same thing when they have completely opposite meanings?
i was wondering the same thing, but semantics aside, with an aftermarket FMIC will steel as opposed to aluminum matter that much ?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:03 PM

maybe you could ask the engineer that wrote this book. Metal has the ability to conduct heat, sorry if that bothers you brohan.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

I think the word your all looking for is dissipate
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:05 PM

it wont matter THAT much...........but every little bit helps. Plus, if its made out of steel, then you have to worry about the inside rusting and causing obvious problems. just make it out of aluminum, why not?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

it has the ability to conduct heat, you are correct, im actually not even trying to argue that point, however, i think conducting heat i would think or rather have always thought is related to how fast it heats up, where as disperse is more to the point of how fast it cools down, in either case, both are applicable. i would think that steel heats slower the aluminum, but cools slower as well..... sorry if this seems like i was doubting you, or saying you didnt know anything, but for what i was asking, conduct didnt seem like the right term or didnt seem like we were talking about the same area
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

it wont matter THAT much...........but every little bit helps. Plus, if its made out of steel, then you have to worry about the inside rusting and causing obvious problems. just make it out of aluminum, why not?
no your right it wont matter "that much" if at all. & if the pipe is stainless then it wont rust on the inside. The point is he wants to get the nisei pipe that is a full 2.5" from the compressor outlet to the IC and has a bracket, the pipe he has now is aluminum but bottles down w/ no bracket - he wants to know what the benefits/gains would be by switching pipes
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ries
I think the word your all looking for is dissipate
Thanks! Haha.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:14 PM

conductivity is how fast the heat is pulled away from the metal, its what makes TIG welding aluminum a bit different.....you really need to step on the pedal to get your heat up.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

conductivity is how fast the heat is pulled away from the metal, its what makes TIG welding aluminum a bit different.....you really need to step on the pedal to get your heat up.
C'mon man... Like he said before, semantics aside.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:18 PM

aright semantics aside, Id keep the taper, its there for a reason.

is the compressor outlet 2 in and the inlet on the intercooler 2.5?

Last edited by rhds13; Dec 18, 2006 at 02:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone think or know....