Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

advice on tinted ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice on tinted ticket

so i got tints all around in my car and im for jersey where its illegal. so i get pulled over for JUST my tints and nothing else. i heard cops arent allowed to pull you over if there are no other reason. when he came up to my car he also said he pulled me over for my tints. so i would like to know if anyone could shead some light on this because i am forced to go to court for this, and i might as well fight it i guess if i could get out of it thanks ppls
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Ah wrong. If its illegal you will get pulled over and issued a ticket.

Pay the fine or (and in many places, you will have to take off the tint).
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your lucky, they make you take them off and show them when its done then expunge your ticket. If your not lucky they may fine you and still remove the tint.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Im not sure what the regulations on tint are for jersey, but in PA here i got pulled over for my tint being 5%...so first a township cop can only give u a warning and second time he will issue a fine but he can never make u take the tint off (so u can keep it on as long as they never find u again for the second time), as for a state will make u take the tint off right away or he will issue a fine. but the back half is legal for me so i just took off the front sides and had a buddy of mine right me off at a township municpal and mailed in my ticket.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

What they said...

I don't want to come off as an *ss hole but why would you come to the forums to have someone "shed some light on the issue" when you clearly know that it's illegal?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

go to an optometrist and get a perscription for it. Or you can go to a dermatologist and get one for sun sensitivty.

it has worked for a number of my friends.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Itchy
so i got tints all around in my car and im for jersey where its illegal. so i get pulled over for JUST my tints and nothing else. i heard cops arent allowed to pull you over if there are no other reason. when he came up to my car he also said he pulled me over for my tints. so i would like to know if anyone could shead some light on this because i am forced to go to court for this, and i might as well fight it i guess if i could get out of it thanks ppls
well you just got to pay the ticket, unless u go to the DMV for reinspection and get a collectors car sticker for you car, that way you can have the tint no cat bigger turbo etc. and still pass, only catch is you cant do more than 10000 miles in 2 years on the car
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:36 AM

I ended up just taking it off and getting the darkest legal tint, its not worth the harassment...
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

this is my second ticket for this because i got away from many others with the pba card. but i think its totally worth it haha! and i wasnt sure about this rule so i asked for advice. ill see what the court says and hopefully i can keep it on. i usually drive with my windows down so i dont get bothered but its wayy to cold to do it right now
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

fl here......paid for mine..tints r still on.

1st in 22 years........5% and 3% on all my cars
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

how in the hell do you drive at night with 5% and 3%? I have 20% on every window but the windshield and backing up at night is a chore, at best.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo1337
go to an optometrist and get a perscription for it. Or you can go to a dermatologist and get one for sun sensitivty.

it has worked for a number of my friends.
does this really work...? if so, im gonna try that.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saev
how in the hell do you drive at night with 5% and 3%? I have 20% on every window but the windshield and backing up at night is a chore, at best.
+1

I don't understand why people get any tint lower than 20%. IMO 20% is more than capable to keep unwanted attention away from the interior a car and keep sunlight out.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pay the ticket and forget about it. My buddy went to court to plead guilty and when the judge asked why he had them to begin with he said he likes them and plans to keep them on so the judge fined him $500.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

im 99 percent sure its illegal in new jersey because one of my friends got the ticket about a year ago..not sure if its changed but thhats what will probably happen

Quick Reply: advice on tinted ticket