Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my first ticket, ever...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SASD209
IMO you did get off lightly, in CT more than 30 over is reckless, and you get to go to the barracks and get your car towed. Seems like you see that now, glad you got off as light as you did. This easily could have been a "I wrecked my Evo" thread. Let's all remember that and stay safe!!!
Seriously, you're so right. I saw this clip on some police chase show the other night, some guy was trying to outrun the fuzz. He skipped a red light, but got hit by a big rig at 75 mph. All three people were killed instantly on impact, and the pickup truck was like a piece of tin can.
I know it's no excuse, but this car makes you feel super human. From now on, I won't be needing any reminders about how fragile we are.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by deepee1
Seriously, you're so right. I saw this clip on some police chase show the other night, some guy was trying to outrun the fuzz. He skipped a red light, but got hit by a big rig at 75 mph. All three people were killed instantly on impact, and the pickup truck was like a piece of tin can.
I know it's no excuse, but this car makes you feel super human. From now on, I won't be needing any reminders about how fragile we are.
I never speed excessively in heavy traffic or heavily populated areas, so it's not the risk of physical harm that is making me change my habits - it's just too big of a hassle to deal with police, taking time off work, dealing with courts, insurance companies and their surcharges, and bumming rides. I'd rather just do road racing and not have to deal with the headaches.