Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I guess they will never learn! another stupid dealer

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2003, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a possibility... this dealer doesn't want to sell the car.

Think about it. There aren't a lot of Evos to go around. Some dealers can't say when they'll get another Evo in. So they jack the price up to the point where nobody will buy it. It stays on their showroom floor, right where they want it, and they go on selling their high-profit SUVs like they've been doing for years. And each customer who comes in and looks at an SUV takes a look at the Evo and the price sticker and then feels mighty good about themselves when they negotiate $1000 off the MSRP on their Montero.

And who knows, somebody just might walk in and pay their wild price, and they're fine with that too.
Old May 21, 2003, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Yojimbo

I didn't even notice "Instument" until you said that. Now it's just that much more pathetic.

hahahahah....

^_^
Old May 21, 2003, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by jbrennen

Think about it. There aren't a lot of Evos to go around. Some dealers can't say when they'll get another Evo in. So they jack the price up to the point where nobody will buy it. It stays on their showroom floor, right where they want it, and they go on selling their high-profit SUVs like they've been doing for years. And each customer who comes in and looks at an SUV takes a look at the Evo and the price sticker and then feels mighty good about themselves when they negotiate $1000 off the MSRP on their Montero.

And who knows, somebody just might walk in and pay their wild price, and they're fine with that too.
Nope this is not the case at all. My friend 323iT lives about 5mins from this dealer and visits it frequently. The salesman told him that they are desperate and need to get rid of the car. It's been nearly a month now. They are getting other one in and they don't want to have two EVOs at once at the dealer.
Old May 21, 2003, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by DakarM
The salesman told him that they are desperate and need to get rid of the car.
They know how to get rid of the car: four letters, M, S, R, P.
Old May 21, 2003, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

They know how to get rid of the car: four letters, M, S, R, P.
It's five letters now jbrennen, U,M,S,R,P.
Old May 21, 2003, 07:40 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
$30 for each five wheel locks, adjustable air suspension would explain the high price
Old May 21, 2003, 08:21 PM

The Nature of the Beast

How many of you people have ever gone into a dealership and wrote a check for MSRP. How many of you have purchased more than 5 or so vehicles? Just asking because, if you have then you no doubt know the game. As a business, if we asked a fair price on the accessories, some goof ball would offer us 1/2 the price listed or say they dont' want it and take it off. I have done it both ways, put very competitive prices on accessories and put some pretty out there prices. Just realize, it is all about what the dealer has IN THE CAR or what they own it for. The rest is pretty insignificant. If you like the vehicle and the accessories, make a fair offer and leave it at that. The dealership has the right to conduct business anyway it deems appropriate and you guys don't have to agree but don't need to slam the dealers as idiots, etc...and attempt to keep them from selling the vehicle. There are some very good people that need to sell vehicles to put food on the table and they should not be lumped into the situation because you don't agree with the dealers pricing practices. Just my two cents worth.
Old May 21, 2003, 09:55 PM

Wow, that's nuts. For $40K, I could buy an Evo at a decent dealer for $28,500 and STILL have $11,500 left over to buy a catapult and enough cattle to fling bullsh*t at this dealership for weeks on end. Tards!!!!!
Old May 21, 2003, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Old May 21, 2003, 10:24 PM

Originally posted by Martyr
Wow, that's nuts. For $40K, I could buy an Evo at a decent dealer for $28,500 and STILL have $11,500 left over to buy a catapult and enough cattle to fling bullsh*t at this dealership for weeks on end. Tards!!!!!

ROTFL......

Now That is truly funny. I think we should take up a collection and just buy the catupult and cattle. We could take turns trailing it around to these IDIOT Dealerships.

Thats ofcourse until we get arrested.. HAAAAA
Old May 22, 2003, 02:23 AM

Re: The Nature of the Beast

Originally posted by Mits Man
How many of you people have ever gone into a dealership and wrote a check for MSRP. How many of you have purchased more than 5 or so vehicles?
I've bought at least 10 cars in the last 12 years (I know, I know), please don't give us this BS. If they gouge, they deserve to be slammed. That is a pathetic attempt to gouge and I'm ashamed to admit that I went to UC Davis and lived in that town for 4 years.

Just realize, it is all about what the dealer has IN THE CAR or what they own it for.
Since it was stated they have had the car for a month, that means the car is still on flooring so they have very little IN THE CAR at this point. No dealer I've ever done business with pays for the car when it's delivered, they floor it (usually through the manufacturer's credit arm) and pay interest after a set time (usually 90 days, though special programs can increase that). They are trying to gouge a poor, weak minded college kid into paying 2-5x what those parts actually sell for plus mark up. One thing you should remember, these practices always come back to haunt a dealer. Ask the Honda dealers that marked up S2000's $10-15k, now they start at MSRP and fall all over themselves if you express an interest in one.

The dealership has the right to conduct business anyway it deems appropriate and you guys don't have to agree but don't need to slam the dealers as idiots, etc...and attempt to keep them from selling the vehicle.
And we have the right express ourselves. If it looks it a duck, walks like a duck then it must be a gouging Mitsu dealer. That sticker deserves to be slammed and that dealer needs to go back to high school and finish his GED.

There are some very good people that need to sell vehicles to put food on the table and they should not be lumped into the situation because you don't agree with the dealers pricing practices. Just my two cents worth.
Here's some kleenex buddy. You should be ashamed of yourself. Do yourself a favor and don't try to justify this kind of activity in this forum, I doubt you'll find much sympathy here. Just my $1.50 worth.

Go Aggies!
Old May 22, 2003, 03:20 AM

Re: The Nature of the Beast

Originally posted by Mits Man
The dealership has the right to conduct business anyway it deems appropriate and you guys don't have to agree but don't need to slam the dealers as idiots, etc...and attempt to keep them from selling the vehicle. There are some very good people that need to sell vehicles to put food on the table and they should not be lumped into the situation because you don't agree with the dealers pricing practices. Just my two cents worth.
Put food on the table? Be ashamed, be very, very ashamed. Dealers don't have the right to conduct a business that is fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading. And don't try to make us feel bad about keeping them from selling their vehicles.....I'll do everything I can to keep them from selling their vehicles. This dealer trickery not only hurts consumers, but it also hurts the honest dealership down the street trying to sell their cars at a fair price.

In all honesty, I could care less how much this dealer charges for his evo as long as he's upfront about it.....eventually, this dealership will die out w/ the efficiency of the market. But don't play games with people and try to scam them out of their hard earned money.

Idiots.
Old May 22, 2003, 09:22 AM
DJJ

"There are some very good people that need to sell vehicles to put food on the table and they should not be lumped into the situation because you don't agree with the dealers pricing practices"

Well if they are that desprate for food and can't sell cars, then maybe they should be doing something else.

put food on the table. Give me a f'king break

Do you hear that? Do ya? Its the worlds smallest violin playing cry me a f'king river!!!!
Old May 22, 2003, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Old May 22, 2003, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Very astute observation jbrennen.
You get a gold star for looking beyond the surface.

Quick Reply: I guess they will never learn! another stupid dealer