Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

cracking sound

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cracking sound

got in a accident last july, broke the rack and pin and some other things in there like tie rods. took the car to long beach mitsubishi. not fixed till a month and a half later. then i find out that the horn and airbag are not working becuase they forgot to connect some wires or something. i get the car back and i drive and find that teh steering wheel rattles as if it is not put on correctly or tightly, and the turn signals dont click back automattically after i finnish the turn. also the car occasionally makes a strange cracking like sound whenever the weight shifts from teh front to back of the car, thinking it has something to do with teh lowering springs after the accident. so i take it to a private machanic and he tells me that he can fix the steering wheel and turn signals and he also said the tie rods are loose becuase the dealership did not tighten them!

the car was driving great until a few days ago and the cracking noise is back when i accelerate and brake and go over speed bumps/ bumpy roads. is it something to do with the tie rods being loose again or some other suspension problem?
Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:56 PM

Take it to the shop who did the repairs and make then fix it. Jack up the front end and do an inspection, shake both wheels back and forth and up and down to look for loose components.

Whatever you do, quit driving it until you know it is safe for the road. If you have a tir rod fail while driving you are going to wreck your car and possibly other peoples.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

alright thanks... yeah im quite pisseed that long beach mitsubishi did such a poor job repairing my car leaving the tie rods loose