Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

To all Evo IX owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2100 miles and no problems.

I also have an 06 WRX wagon with 11k miles in 5 months with no problems either! In my opinion I get the best of both worlds.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Had my IX MR since the week it came out, have 22k miles on it. No problems so far (knock on wood). I love driving it and would def recommend it. Sorry to people that have not had as good an experience.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

I did kill the stock tires in 10K miles from auto x. But that's my fault I guess.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:54 AM

22,000 Miles, basic bolt ons, no drag racing, several 130+ pulls and highway racing, 0 problems, she still drives like the day I bought her. love my EVO
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:05 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

I have had my IX since November of 2005 and I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I even learned how to drive stick shift in this car and the clutch is still going strong with 10k miles that I've put on her, but I really do need new tires at the moment which should arrive very soon. Definitely no regrets with my purchase!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B-Rack
Have any of you regreted purchasing your car?....Iv'e read of a lot of problems (most of them pretty minor, some not so much) and I don't want to get stuck with a car that is just going to be a headache.The car will remain completely stock (except for maybe a flash and MBC later down the road), and will be a daily driver..This is a very large purchase for me and i just dont want to be stuck with something that is nothing but problems...Any thoughts or suggestions on this matter are much appreciated
No Problems.....

Only regret would be more debt, but that'll be had with any purchase! IX is superior to the VIII in so many ways imo.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by STOCK_EVOLUTION
i regret it!!! i had an srt-4 with tons of mods..... i was spanking evo's left and right (stock evo's from a roll) that car never gave me problems. the evo on the other hand is too fragile.. i bought mine with 10k miles.. i have had it for two months now and i have replaced the clutch and flywheel. iam getting uneven tire ware ( after alignment) my inner trim pieces are starting to rattle. my syncros are going bad. my caliper is starting to peel... and im also getting brake noise ( pads are oem barely used)
OH! and did i mention i am paying $300 for insurance....
trust me i regret it!!!!!!
GEez you are gettin raped from your insurance.. must've been from tickets/accidents when you had srt-4
oh.. and what do you expect from a used evo.. there's two reason why people sell evo's at 10k miles.. 1. they raped the hell out of it and sold it since it started making problems 2. poor.. like myself
Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by B-Rack
Have any of you regreted purchasing your car?....Iv'e read of a lot of problems (most of them pretty minor, some not so much) and I don't want to get stuck with a car that is just going to be a headache.The car will remain completely stock (except for maybe a flash and MBC later down the road), and will be a daily driver..This is a very large purchase for me and i just dont want to be stuck with something that is nothing but problems...Any thoughts or suggestions on this matter are much appreciated
We might have something in common, its a really really really expensive car, Im doin okay with my payments however some of the things i used to do and planned was canceled and put on hold. I dont have PS3 right now because of it, etc at the end of the day, i have no complaints cuz i enjoy goin out to drive it No Regrets!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NMRY EJ6
i've had my rotors and pads replaced after 10K miles. And not really stomping on the brakes to wear them out. Just your basic "normal" braking. And the new rotors are given me vibration on the steering wheel again afer the brake in period. That has me concerned.
I have the same problem with my VIII and it's pissing me off. I had bad brake vibration at 4000 miles. I took it in to the dealer and they replaced the pads under warranty. 1000 miles later I had the same problem and they replaced the pads and rotors under warranty. Things were mostly fine until I had the brake pads replaced recently at 48,000 miles. At that time they machined the rotors too (which they said were in good shape). Within 500 miles I had terrible vibration when the brakes were applied. I took it back to the shop and they machined the rotors again. Two weeks later I still have noticeable (but not horrible) vibration when I apply the brakes. I don't brake hard that often and I don't get the rotors wet when they're hot. It's a real PITA when I apply the brakes and experience steering wheel shake. It kinda ruins the driving experience. I'm just going to have to live with it, I guess. Other than this, the car has been flawless.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

My last car was a 2000 camaro SS with 550+whp and a full road race suspension.

the evo is still more fun, and easier to drive...and MUCH MUCH more forgiving.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:23 PM

no regrets at all, got mine last aug 06 been to the track alot never had a problem I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

11k on mine, and everything works. the dash/instrument cluster buzzes and rattles like crazy, but otherwise everything is in order.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Man i have a big problem with my 9, it just making so much dawm power!!!!!!!!!
those guys that want to keep their 8 so bad, go back to the dealership it still in the used car lot with all the other evo 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 9, 2007, 08:27 PM

love the IX, my opinion, its how you drive it thast how you can expect it to peform and have problems
Old Feb 9, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hanging throttle sucks. and like other turboed cars, cold weather can create boost creep. but other then that the car rules.

Quick Reply: To all Evo IX owners