Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

To all Evo IX owners

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all Evo IX owners

Have any of you regreted purchasing your car?....Iv'e read of a lot of problems (most of them pretty minor, some not so much) and I don't want to get stuck with a car that is just going to be a headache.The car will remain completely stock (except for maybe a flash and MBC later down the road), and will be a daily driver..This is a very large purchase for me and i just dont want to be stuck with something that is nothing but problems...Any thoughts or suggestions on this matter are much appreciated
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

I regret trading a wondeful VIII for a turd. Have nothing but probs with the IX.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

My IX is flawless. No problems so far at all, and no regrets either.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Roberto
My IX is flawless. No problems so far at all, and no regrets either.
how many miles?
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

ummm... i have what newimporttuner has.. but no problems yet... i mean its my dd and o weekends i do run the car "hard" no launches... i just hit high mph's.. and it runs the same way as day one... well better since i've gott used to it... everyhting is good... no regrets... well except for not getting a bigger payment... haha... the gears fell kind of funny... like sometimes they feel hard...and then sometime's... they feel so smooth its amazing... but no complaints... <<<GET IT GET IT>>>

Last edited by izabran; Dec 24, 2006 at 10:42 PM. Reason: forgot to insert memebr name
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

i regret it!!! i had an srt-4 with tons of mods..... i was spanking evo's left and right (stock evo's from a roll) that car never gave me problems. the evo on the other hand is too fragile.. i bought mine with 10k miles.. i have had it for two months now and i have replaced the clutch and flywheel. iam getting uneven tire ware ( after alignment) my inner trim pieces are starting to rattle. my syncros are going bad. my caliper is starting to peel... and im also getting brake noise ( pads are oem barely used)
OH! and did i mention i am paying $300 for insurance....
trust me i regret it!!!!!!
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

went to the track couple of times, did alot of street & highway racing no problems here @ 6200 miles. so far so good.
my mods: Bushur intake, Walbro fp, Dc sports dp, RSR exmag exhaust, Forge mbc + Dynoflash Dyno tuned @ 22-23 psi = 355whp on pump (dynojet)

compare to my 385whp 04 STI i like the evo IX better
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:06 PM

No problems so far and 100% stock. I'm loving every minute of this car. (knock on wood)
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

What are all the problems with th IX this is the 1st I have heard of this, I was think of trading my Flawless VIII in but hhhmmm. Someone fill me in.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

It leaks , First a fitting issue going to the center diff. Three weeks in the dealership waiting for parts, only to drive it for 4 days and realise the transfer case is leaking now. so we are now waiting for a transfer case to swap out. 3800 miles. and trust me its not the driver. this thing has been babied, havent even launched it yet, never could. I am afraid to do anything to this car because it has been nothing but problems.

My 05 VIII had 40k on stock clutch and 347 whp. this thing just pisses me off.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Going on 6k miles, don't regret it at all. I love driving it, washing it, looking at it, and seeing other people look at it. It is a bit of an attention *****, but I don't really care.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saev
Going on 6k miles, don't regret it at all. I love driving it, washing it, looking at it, and seeing other people look at it. It is a bit of an attention *****, but I don't really care.
+1 me 2
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

I feel sorry for anybody that has a problem with their EVO's, but I've had mine only for 4 months and only 6000 miles and have no problems with mine. Mitsubishi has a 10 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty if ur not going to do anything with ur car. For those that has had problems, sorry guys, but you and the people U know are probly the very few percentages. Evo's are very fast cars, and for those who claimed that they had beaten these cars left and right with other cars........U probly fortunately just ran into some bad drivers....and that is it, SRT's most of the time can't even get off the line without wheel hopping....fix ur Evo and most of all, learn how to drive. Now if U want to take your Evo to the next level, sh** will break from time to time, so if ur not ready to pay, don't complain that heavy modded cars are beating U. You got to pay to play. Merry Christmas Everyone, and a Happy New Year!!
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9
I feel sorry for anybody that has a problem with their EVO's, but I've had mine only for 4 months and only 6000 miles and have no problems with mine. Mitsubishi has a 10 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty if ur not going to do anything with ur car. For those that has had problems, sorry guys, but you and the people U know are probly the very few percentages. Evo's are very fast cars, and for those who claimed that they had beaten these cars left and right with other cars........U probly fortunately just ran into some bad drivers....and that is it, SRT's most of the time can't even get off the line without wheel hopping....fix ur Evo and most of all, learn how to drive. Now if U want to take your Evo to the next level, sh** will break from time to time, so if ur not ready to pay, don't complain that heavy modded cars are beating U. You got to pay to play. Merry Christmas Everyone, and a Happy New Year!!
Oh I AGREE with the percetanges thing, no question about it. I just keep my fingers crossed that this is the end of the crap if you catch my drift. Oh I do know how to drive.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:46 PM

This is the first ive heard of all this too. Dont let one guy with bad 9 problems get you down. Im sure there are plenty of EVO 8 lemons too. Besides there really arent to many major differences between the 8 & the 9. I have to say the trans is a bit tight in 3rd but some new redline should help. I just find it funny that some how people think the quality got worse when its really the same car but newer.

Quick Reply: To all Evo IX owners