Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Defi gauges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defi gauges

I am going to buy some defi BF gauges (oil temp/pressure and boost) and i had a question.

Im going with oil pressure and oil temp, do i need this... http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...0&cat=0&page=1

It looks like it would be really easy to hook everything up this way, but i also noticed it says 03-05 evos, and i have an 06. Is anyone with an evo 9 running this product? any issues?

For those that have these gauges, how did you hook them up and is there anything else needed beside the control unit?

Thanks in advance,
JoshR
Old Dec 26, 2006, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

bump..
Old Dec 26, 2006, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

go to 42 draft designs and they have something called a galley plug. U will need this for ur oil pressure gauge. As far as the oil temp I use my oem gauge 4 thatf
Old Dec 26, 2006, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, i have the oil pressure and i got that adapter, it makes things so easy, get it it is worth the money. plus if i ever wanted to add an oil temp gauge it has a plug for that
Old Dec 26, 2006, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

i got the adapter from lancer shop that you posted the link from, the greddy one. its awesome
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by electricevo

Im going with oil pressure and oil temp, do i need this... http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...0&cat=0&page=1

It looks like it would be really easy to hook everything up this way, but i also noticed it says 03-05 evos, and i have an 06. Is anyone with an evo 9 running this product? any issues?
not on a 9 , but possible same issues

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=112672

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...7&postcount=38
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...3&postcount=53
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=108819
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, thanks guys for all the great info. It seems that the greddy sandwich adapter has mixed reviews.

I gather that peoples problems stem from a combination of things which does not directly mean its a problem with their product, such as using the long style filter and having very uneven roads. I guess this would not be best for those with lowered cars.

Im at stock ride hieght, and my filter is the short one, so i guess it should be okay.

Im assuming that this will work on a evo 9?
Do i need any other parts to install these gauges?

Thanks again guys!
JoshR
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

And thanks jake for taking the time to post all the links.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

I just talked with someone from Lancershop using the live chat feature, and she stated that the greddy oil sandwich adapter will not work on an evo 9. Any other products that will work that is basically the same deal?

I just dont feel like getting into the hassle of doing gally plugs and stuff as i did that with my old STi, and it was a pain from start to finish. If i use an oil filter adapter it will hopefully make installation and uninstallation easier.

Thanks guys,
JoshR
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Stay away from the sandwich adapter! I used that on my 8 and that was a $760 mistake. A frost heave in Chicago hit my oil filter and ripped it and the mount plate screw right off my engine. Had to tow the car to Mitsu and wait three days for them to get a new oil filter housing to replace mine.

Get the adapter from 42 Draft. It keeps the pressure sensor up and behind the filter so that it can't be struck by anything on the ground. The second option is to go to www.amsperformance.com and get their oil pressure relocation hose. Install that in the block just above the thermostat housing and run the hose around and under your injector wiring.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

I read your thread about that happening. Damn, i just cant believe that really happened. they dont even work on the evo 9's anymore.

Will either of those options allow me to run both a pressure and temp source?

Thanks,
JoshR
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Bump...
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

I believe there is a write up by Bolsen showing how he did his. It's in the "how-to" forum.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd
Stay away from the sandwich adapter! I used that on my 8 and that was a $760 mistake. A frost heave in Chicago hit my oil filter and ripped it and the mount plate screw right off my engine. Had to tow the car to Mitsu and wait three days for them to get a new oil filter housing to replace mine.

Get the adapter from 42 Draft. It keeps the pressure sensor up and behind the filter so that it can't be struck by anything on the ground. The second option is to go to www.amsperformance.com and get their oil pressure relocation hose. Install that in the block just above the thermostat housing and run the hose around and under your injector wiring.

i use this adapter and it runs great. east to install one you get that hex nut out. its torqued in nice and tight.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

So why are you quoting me then?

Quick Reply: Defi gauges