Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

can you guess who ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you guess who ?

Does any one know who does rebuilds on the evo transmisson, or build up that can take a beating .IF you know you get a gold star from me.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by esmjoe
Does any one know who does rebuilds on the evo transmisson, or build up that can take a beating .IF you know you get a gold star from me.
www.teamrip.com or Shepard Racing.. Did i win?!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shepherd Racing all day long. His Talon runs 7.7 in the 1/4 mile with his own trans:

http://www.sheptrans.com

He built my trans that I race with, builds all of AMS's transmission (at least on the road race cars), builds Dynoflash's trans (9-sec Evo), etc etc...
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Shepherd Racing all day long. His Talon runs 7.7 in the 1/4 mile with his own trans:

He built my trans that I race with, builds all of AMS's transmission (at least on the road race cars), builds Dynoflash's trans (9-sec Evo), etc etc...
+1
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Warrtalon Ididn't know you had a shep racing transmission what difference did you notice
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

+1
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tuning g
Hey Warrtalon Ididn't know you had a shep racing transmission what difference did you notice
Since it's the off-season, I haven't been able to put it through the ringer on the drag strip and road course, so all I have so far is daily driving and one autocross. I only make one shift in most autocrosses, so that really isn't helpful, and for daily driving, I don't drive hard, so that's not very helpful either. What I can say is that it shifts like a dream and is a great match with my Exedy Twin. I never have any notchiness, grinds, or stiffness. Hell, even when it's cold after startup, that 1-2 shift is still like butter. My stock 6spd was pretty smooth, too, but I would usually double-clutch my first 1-2 shift just because it was cold and a bit stiff. I have experienced no such things with my Shep 5spd, but the true test will come in March during my first NASA Time Trial event.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 05:02 PM

All you guys rock, you all deserve gold stars.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 05:24 PM
mjo

Since it's the off-season, I haven't been able to put it through the ringer on the drag strip and road course, so all I have so far is daily driving and one autocross. I only make one shift in most autocrosses, so that really isn't helpful, and for daily driving, I don't drive hard, so that's not very helpful either. What I can say is that it shifts like a dream and is a great match with my Exedy Twin. I never have any notchiness, grinds, or stiffness. Hell, even when it's cold after startup, that 1-2 shift is still like butter. My stock 6spd was pretty smooth, too, but I would usually double-clutch my first 1-2 shift just because it was cold and a bit stiff. I have experienced no such things with my Shep 5spd, but the true test will come in March during my first NASA Time Trial event.
Which package did you get?

MJO
Old Dec 29, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mjo
Which package did you get?

MJO

+1
Old Dec 29, 2006, 05:54 PM
Yme
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
www.teamrip.com or Shepard Racing.. Did i win?!
+1
Old Dec 29, 2006, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't get a specific package - he did up a special build to optimize it for my road racing, but it is based off the base package that only costs $895.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

+4 or whatever the number is at