Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Advise on 2 situations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Advise on 2 situations

ok i need some advise on some transactions that ive recently been involved with here on Evom and i just dont know what to do from here. Im not gonna say names as of yet...

1) the most recent one... I sold a used item to a vendor here he said he was picking this up for his friend and he would pay for it later that day which he did through paypal. So the next day i shipped the item out UPS ground with a tracking # and all. I get home this morning check my email and theres one from paypal sayin that the transaction from this person was reversed because the account is associated with non authorized use. So now my paypal account is in the negative for the amount of the transaction and ive alreasdy shipped out the product so im basicly screwed at this point....Any idea what to do from here???

2) and for the 2nd one i purchased a used o2 housing from a member on here early/mid december and the seller agreed to ship the o2 out within a few days. After the few days with no communication was up i asked the seller if he had shipped it out yet and he stated no he had just been to busy with the holidays and would ship it out as soon as christams was over. I understood that as the holidays are just hectic so I agreed. Few days after xmas i attempted to contact him a few times threw PM's which were ignored till i threatened to start a paypal claim. He then responed sayin hed refund ny $$$ that soming friday which he didnt. So i started a paypal dispute and he now responds he wrecked his car and paypal screwed up his account so he'll refund the money when he can. Ive been waiting over a month for a stupid 70 dollar o2 housing and hes pretty much cut off communiaction with me so escalated my paypal disput to a paypal claim.... Any idea what to do from here???

So all in all im out a little over 100 bucks from the 2 transactions plus the product i shipped out...Thanks to anyone that actually read my whole rant....
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I know how you are tlaking about on your second situation. I bought something from him too on the 24th of Dec. I still have not received it and I don't think he has shipped it either. Paypal will usually straiten things out.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by srt2evo9
ok i need some advise on some transactions that ive recently been involved with here on Evom and i just dont know what to do from here. Im not gonna say names as of yet...

1) the most recent one... I sold a used item to a vendor here he said he was picking this up for his friend and he would pay for it later that day which he did through paypal. So the next day i shipped the item out UPS ground with a tracking # and all. I get home this morning check my email and theres one from paypal sayin that the transaction from this person was reversed because the account is associated with non authorized use. So now my paypal account is in the negative for the amount of the transaction and ive alreasdy shipped out the product so im basicly screwed at this point....Any idea what to do from here???

2) and for the 2nd one i purchased a used o2 housing from a member on here early/mid december and the seller agreed to ship the o2 out within a few days. After the few days with no communication was up i asked the seller if he had shipped it out yet and he stated no he had just been to busy with the holidays and would ship it out as soon as christams was over. I understood that as the holidays are just hectic so I agreed. Few days after xmas i attempted to contact him a few times threw PM's which were ignored till i threatened to start a paypal claim. He then responed sayin hed refund ny $$$ that soming friday which he didnt. So i started a paypal dispute and he now responds he wrecked his car and paypal screwed up his account so he'll refund the money when he can. Ive been waiting over a month for a stupid 70 dollar o2 housing and hes pretty much cut off communiaction with me so escalated my paypal disput to a paypal claim.... Any idea what to do from here???

So all in all im out a little over 100 bucks from the 2 transactions plus the product i shipped out...Thanks to anyone that actually read my whole rant....
I would contact UPS on the first situation and change the delivery address back to you so he doesn't receive the item, then u are only out shipping charges..
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:49 AM

ya paypal usualy does a good job of trying to straighten things out, iv'e paid for some items and never received them and paypal fixed everything
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Make the paypal claims at least. I'd just eat the loss and quit hassling for it. Headaches like this are not work $100. It could be much worse.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Man, you got me worried now if it is the same guy I bought from. I am going to send him another pm right now. Did the guy you got from have really go feedback, I don't want to say his name....
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

ok the 1st one i think is bein taken care of i was just contacted by the vendor as his friend sent the money not him...
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the pm srt2evo9...
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

As it has been said, file through Paypal for #2. It sounds like #1 is taken care of already.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

i filed a claim for #2 this morning and now that a claim has been in effect i finally get a PM saying cancel the claim and ill refund your money per money order
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

C A L L Pa Y P A L
Old Jan 5, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

ok while i thought the 2nd situation was solved i just got the money resent to me from the same dam account what the hell should i do??