Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fighting a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FL got rid of emissions 5 yrs ago so y even worry about it? if u fight the ticket & WIN, they record u in their database as "1 who got away" & will HAMMER u the next time. FYI, "catless" adds db to your noise level + remember that cops are looking for anything with a high spoiler regardless of exhaust so u just have to watch ur back.

as far as i know, FL has not added an "exhaust law" like CA. next time ask the cop about all the Harleys that ride thru echoing off home walls & all the muscle cars down here with str8 pipes. i hate 2 say it, but FL is still a "domestic hick" state, unless ur in Miami...
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

I want to fight it because the cop made it up..He saw the car and went after it. His trainer is in another car cause they ride by themself here. I was going at speed limit, he sped to catch up to me and flip his lights. I even thought that he was stopping someone else.
I got off work, got my baby at the babysitter, so i have my wife, my baby. My wife and I are federal officers in uniform that just got off work. Like I said before..my exaust is not loud at all. He was pissed when he asked me for my licence and other paperwork. I asked him the reason for stoping me and he went off on me. Told me my exaust was improper. I told him that came with the car, he started breathing hard and trying to say something for 5 to 10 sec came out with that it was to loud. And if i dont like it i can fight it in court. Took my stuff to his car, Shinning that bright a$$ light from his car to my babys eyes for about 20 min. Told me to step out the car with his loud speaker thing. So i did, he gave me the options and told me to sign. All this with an attitude like I did something to him or mad for some reason. I called the other officer and he was nice about it. So i signed the ticket ..I treat people the way i like to be treated and i don't like to be treated like $hit. Getting an exaust is not illegal in FL and its not the first time i get stopped just because i drive an Evo but is the first time i get a ticket and get treated like a punk by a young punk in a power trip. I know i don't get any points but it's not fair that i have to give my money away..I was just asking for tips on how to beat this guy in court. He is already in a black list, I hope he doesn't like to fly, he's got one more coming
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlueDemon
Did he write off the ticket as an altered exhaust system or that the exhaust was too loud??? If he wrote the latter then maybe by performing a db test (the cop should had one with him anyways) and having proof that the exhaust system you have is within the legal db limit (which I doubt, especially running catless but who knows? ) then you can fight it in court without the need of hiring a lawyer fo' sho .
He wrote inapropiate or no exaust
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thector1
I want to fight it because the cop made it up..He saw the car and went after it. His trainer is in another car cause they ride by themself here. I was going at speed limit, he sped to catch up to me and flip his lights. I even thought that he was stopping someone else.
I got off work, got my baby at the babysitter, so i have my wife, my baby. My wife and I are federal officers in uniform that just got off work. Like I said before..my exaust is not loud at all. He was pissed when he asked me for my licence and other paperwork. I asked him the reason for stoping me and he went off on me. Told me my exaust was improper. I told him that came with the car, he started breathing hard and trying to say something for 5 to 10 sec came out with that it was to loud. And if i dont like it i can fight it in court. Took my stuff to his car, Shinning that bright a$$ light from his car to my babys eyes for about 20 min. Told me to step out the car with his loud speaker thing. So i did, he gave me the options and told me to sign. All this with an attitude like I did something to him or mad for some reason. I called the other officer and he was nice about it. So i signed the ticket ..I treat people the way i like to be treated and i don't like to be treated like $hit. Getting an exaust is not illegal in FL and its not the first time i get stopped just because i drive an Evo but is the first time i get a ticket and get treated like a punk by a young punk in a power trip. I know i don't get any points but it's not fair that i have to give my money away..I was just asking for tips on how to beat this guy in court. He is already in a black list, I hope he doesn't like to fly, he's got one more coming

If you hadn't have asked why you was stoped you would have never got the ticket.

100% of people who ask me "Why was I stoped" get tickets. Because htey ask in a smartass/****ty way. It might sound like a nice way to you but its not.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fusion7
If you hadn't have asked why you was stoped you would have never got the ticket.

100% of people who ask me "Why was I stoped" get tickets. Because htey ask in a smartass/****ty way. It might sound like a nice way to you but its not.
I was in my uniform being stopped by another uniformed officer. I said it in the nicest way possible. At first i thought it was a joke by a couple of the officers from my workplace until power trip mad man started tripping. And if you give tickets to people because they asked you that, you are not very profesional. Was that you that give me the ticket?LOL Make sure you take greyhound instead of flying
Old Jan 6, 2007, 12:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by caswanso
I know in Texas when you fight a ticket 85% of the time the cop don't show up to court and then the ticket will get dismissed. If I was you I would put the stock exhaust back on the car and play stupid. I have been pulled over for stupid stuff all of the time but they never give me tickets for it. I think that they just want to check out the car. Good Luck
Il 99% of the time it's time and a half, they make sure to show up because they get paid for four hours.

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
It was about noise pollution not about emissions. He could had a Wyoming plates which don't require emissions testing.

Carlos
Isn't it a federal crime to modify your emissions equipment?

I was in my uniform being stopped by another uniformed officer. I said it in the nicest way possible. At first i thought it was a joke by a couple of the officers from my workplace until power trip mad man started tripping. And if you give tickets to people because they asked you that, you are not very profesional. Was that you that give me the ticket?LOL Make sure you take greyhound instead of flying
Oh you're a garbageman/adult babysitter, probably someone rolling around with a FTO who didn't know whether he could let you off or not.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

Anytime someone asks me why I am pulling htem over they pretty much always get a ticket. This is because it comes across as being a smartass. "No officer I wasn't doing anything wrong"

Im sorry you was in uniform and he was a dick to you.

Pay it and go on man, no reason in taking it to court. If he really is a new officer then he will show up for court and he will remember you next time he spots you doing 5mph over.

However you really have nothing to gain by fighting the ticket, its a no point violation
Old Jan 6, 2007, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Exhaust ticket

I wouldn't fight it unless you put the stock exhaust back on. Regardless your catless and your lucky he didnt give you a fine for emissions of the exhaust. Unless they don't ticket that in Florida.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the feedback!
Old Jan 6, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

if you do change your exhaust they can and will compare it to the one that is seen on the dash mount eye witness sys. i know my station commander does, for everything. also if he was unprofessional you can always go file a complaint and the video will be reviewed and usually his voice recorder will catch everything he said and you said. "sure talk" is a *****. not only is it there to catch a suspect talking ****. but its there to protect the officer from he said she said ****. so if you really want to fight this go for it. but you will be remembered by a cherry *** officer as being his first hard to deal with, have to go to court, you might prove him wrong. guy. so is it worth it. only you can really decide. ive gotten tickets from fellow officers and just kinda suck it up. hey karma is a ***** so.....
Old Jan 6, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

forget that put your stocker back on and take it to court
Old Jan 6, 2007, 02:35 PM

Hahaha I Have the answer for you get out of this one!!!

fight it, when you go to court and the judge ask the officer to explain the ticket and then will give you the chance to ask the officer any questions, when the judge does this ask the officer if thats all of his testomaony and evidence! if he didn;t give the Dbl reading which he cant cause he never took it. and he probly doesnt and wont know the states dbl limit, and then he says yes thats all of his evidence ask him what the Dbl is on your car!!! he cant answer it.. ahha then ask him what the state dbl is!! when he turns red and blue from anger cuz he cant enter any more evidence cuz he just told the judge that he already gave all of his evidence!!! ahaha, look at the judge and ask her or him to throw it out or dismiss it.... because the officer doesnt even know what the dbl is on the car he was guessing and discriminating, how do i know this cuz i got the same ticket and same situation and i won baby i won the cop was so pissed off boy i hope he never pulls me over again, the judge told me never to act like a lawer again in her court but other than that u will **** them off they will have to throw it out and if he is a newbee cop he'll be so nervise it wont be funny the judge has no choice if he doesnt even know the dbl on your car.... let me know what happens i tell you good luck but if you do what i said you wont even need luck
Old Jan 6, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with some people. It's way too time consuming and creates financial problems. You should just pay.

But if your really set on this, I hear you have a better chance if you get in court on a Friday or the weekends.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 05:02 PM

I just recently got the same ticket. I have a full turbo back exhaust but I just paid the ticket, too much of a hassle to fight it. I just dont like how I got the ticket for it being too loud when there are motorcycles that are WAYYYYYYY more louder than our cars yet we still get the tickets
Old Jan 6, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

i love non point violations... everytime i get pulled over i hope it's something stupid and i'd gladly pay for it

just be glad that u arent getting points