Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dyno results after a year of upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno results after a year of upgrades!

Well, like the title says, I thought I would share where I started just over a year ago and where I ended up. Unfortunatly, I never got a baseline dyno pull while stock, but I will list what was on the car at the time of the 1st pull. On a side note, I've never used race gas for the track or made pulls on the dyno with it. Comparison #2 is on pump 93 & alky. All parts on the car are from BR. The only exception was a different exhaust in comparison #1 that was switched out for a BR one in comparison #2.

2003 EVO VIII

Comparison #1
- All bolt-ons including 264 cams
- 22 peak boost
- Al Custom Tune
- 263/251 BR Mustang Dyno
- Best track time - 12.8 @ 108

Comparison #2
- Same as above with 272 cams
- AEM EMS (David custom tune)
- 20g-9
- 880 Injectors
- Alky @ 26 peak boost
- 372/340 BR Mustang Dyno
- Best track time - 11.7 @ 118

On a side note, I know the car is capable of better times so I hope to post some new results during the next season. I just need some more practice!

Overall, I'm very pleased with the results! I've really enjoyed working with both David & Dan at Buschur Racing. When I first started this whole thing, I was very un-educated about modding a car. Because of this, both David and Dan were extremely helpful in choosing the right path and parts to make power!

I would like to give a "BIG" thumbs-up to Buschur Racing for all their assistance and great parts! This is what I wanted for a "fast" daily driver!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Dyno results after a year of upgrades!-dyno-run-01-10-07.jpg  
Old Jan 11, 2007, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

congrats. nice numbers.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Nice HP numbers, but your torque seems a bit low.

BTW, the link for you dyno sheet doesn't wok......well for me it doesn't.

+1 on the thumbs up for Buschur Racing.

Definetly worth another road trip when I want more go fast goodies!
Old Jan 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow nice, second setup today that i've see that i really like.. congrats
Old Jan 11, 2007, 04:24 PM
Account Disabled

nice #'s man...congrats..
Old Jan 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys. I'm feeling pretty good about it. The car runs great. With the exception of the twin-disk excedy clutch, the driveability is close to stock. But once the gas is depressed hard, stock flys out the window!

6-Speed -- Your right, the torque is a bit low. Should be pretty close to the HP #. David said the same thing. With my setup, David said he sees others with higher torque but about the same HP. All I can say is that when I got the car, it just felt like it was weak to begin with. I think for now though I can live with 340wtq.

Oh well, I'm happy and satisfied. Now, I'm just thinking what next!!! I don't want a big turbo with lag because this is my daily driver so I'm thinking maybe a bigger set of cams / green turbo /...
Old Jan 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone else having problems viewing the attachment? If so, I'll try to re-attach.

Mike
Old Jan 11, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Great numbers Mike, you know your ride is capable of at least an 11.4 without putting into too much stress. But driving it without any regards for breaking parts you can reach 11.3-11.2's.

Hope to see you at Edgewater once the season starts again.

Jose
Old Jan 11, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Jose! Good to hear from you! Yep, I'm looking forward to getting back to the track and getting some better numbers!

It's about time though I watched you run yours into the 12's and 11's!!!!

See you soon!
Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Very nice, Congratz! Where you planning on taking it next?
Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What brand cams are you using? Nice numbers on Buschurs dyno none the less. How aggressive is the tune?
Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NIevo
What brand cams are you using? Nice numbers on Buschurs dyno none the less. How aggressive is the tune?
Right now I have the HKS 272's. David said the tune was pretty conservative. I think the AFR's are 11.0 - 11.2.. <Something like that. There's more power to be had but I like to be more on the safeside due to the car being a daily driver.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nvr2old32
Right now I have the HKS 272's. David said the tune was pretty conservative. I think the AFR's are 11.0 - 11.2.. <Something like that. There's more power to be had but I like to be more on the safeside due to the car being a daily driver.

what clutch are u running? If u had an upgraded clutch, might give u "crisper" times

how's the idle with the 272's?
I'm still debating between the 264's and 272's. . .thought I'd ask u, since I'm thinking of going down the same path. . .
Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

nice #'s
Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nvr2old32
Thanks guys. I'm feeling pretty good about it. The car runs great. With the exception of the twin-disk excedy clutch, the driveability is close to stock. But once the gas is depressed hard, stock flys out the window!

6-Speed -- Your right, the torque is a bit low. Should be pretty close to the HP #. David said the same thing. With my setup, David said he sees others with higher torque but about the same HP. All I can say is that when I got the car, it just felt like it was weak to begin with. I think for now though I can live with 340wtq.

Oh well, I'm happy and satisfied. Now, I'm just thinking what next!!! I don't want a big turbo with lag because this is my daily driver so I'm thinking maybe a bigger set of cams / green turbo /...

I have the Exedy twin disk as well and it's awesome.

I stalled the car the first time, but once acclimated to it the feel is very close to stock. I guess the old adage is true: you get what you pay for.

I've driven a couple of Evo's with the ACT Street and it's definetly stiffer than the Exedy.

BTW, which twin-disc Exedy SD or HD?

HD here.

Quick Reply: Dyno results after a year of upgrades!