Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help my car is ****ed up.....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007 | 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
You better change your avatar then!! unless you are on a public road with a radiator leak causing the smoke in that photo!
That was a burnout at a quarter mile track you moron.
Old Jan 15, 2007 | 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

who doesn't launch their car?? mm let see... i got 40k miles and going on stock clutch and never launched it knowing that stock clutch isn't meant to be launched...

evo is an incredible car with proper driver.. i dont know if any car could take the abuse you give it... 5k launch and fried the clutch at 2500miles... lol .. there is a fine line between stupidity and common sense...
Old Jan 15, 2007 | 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Don't be angry.

1. They obviously messed up you Kar.
2. You don't know, they kould have an apologee and a ckeck waiting for you on Mondey.
3. Everytheng weel be fine!!
4. Don't pek on people on here, we are tring to help.

I just got a headache reading and trying to decipher the hyrogliphics (dont ask)

YOU WILL BE OK!
I laugh every time I read this
Old Jan 15, 2007 | 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

I think we can stop bullying the poor kid now. He knows he messed up, so continuing to rub his nose in it is going to be nothing but counterproductive.

For OP: Immediately contact Factory 5 and tell them the problems you are having. If they will not correct it, elevate the issue as far as you need to within their company until you get the answer you want. If you can't get resolution to your satisfaction, you can take them to court or just absorb the loss, your choice.

Either way, if they don't correct the issue, collect your car and take it to a reputable shop that has documented knowledge of Evo's. I'm sure if you had been a bit nicer and less hotheaded when dealing with AMS, they'd have been willing to work with you on prices/payment etc... as much as they could. Judging by their input on here, I'd be willing to bet they still would be... I've never been to AMS, but from what I've heard, they're pretty good folks.

It's been said before, in many ways, but it bears repeating here:

You can have it done RIGHT, FAST and CHEAP, but you can only get 2 of the 3.

If you have it done RIGHT and FAST, it won't be CHEAP.
If you have it done RIGHT and CHEAP, it won't be FAST.
If you have it done CHEAP and FAST, it won't be done RIGHT.

Good luck to you and hope it gets resolved soon.
Old Jan 15, 2007 | 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by J8dailo
who doesn't launch their car?? mm let see... i got 40k miles and going on stock clutch and never launched it knowing that stock clutch isn't meant to be launched...

evo is an incredible car with proper driver.. i dont know if any car could take the abuse you give it... 5k launch and fried the clutch at 2500miles... lol .. there is a fine line between stupidity and common sense...
lol I regularly launch my car and I learned how to launch an awd car on my stock clutch, which I still retain and have 20k miles on.

But I didn't learn to drive on it... I honestly dont see how you could badly f up a clutch and only get 2500 miles out of it, even if you are learning how to drive. When I learned how to drive I woud kill the car a bit. But that certailny isn't going reduce it's life to a twentieth of its potential life expectancy.
Old Jan 15, 2007 | 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by J8dailo

this didnt help the anyone at all. remember this kid learned to drive stick on his evo
Old Jan 15, 2007 | 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

man, I really didn't want this kid to get an evo and he still did...i admit i haven't been following his replies that much, but he just got the evo, why is he replacing the clutch already? did he mess it up that quick? common sense would tell me, if I drove the car right from the shop and had problems, umm I'd go right back and tell them immediately!!! late for work or not, i'd expect my car to be done right ...

I'm wondering who was working on his car though...personally i've gone to that shop for my evo work and haven't had any problems at all...

(hope he gets rid of the evo soon - the money pit that it is is definitely eating him up if he's trying to cut corners already, and making it to work despite his car not being fixed.. also, first car w/ a stick? hehehe)
Old Jan 15, 2007 | 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

This thread is hilarious
Old Jan 16, 2007 | 07:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVOIXMR8916
i did go to ams but they where being gay and wouldnt price match a clutch and said they would charge me 800 for install....i would of bought and done it there if they gave me the 425 install with purchase of clutch from us....im pissed at ams...theyused to be good but now they are just too cool for evo owner like me cuz they own the fastest evo and got their rep up....i dont know im just in a pissy mood because of my baby...

We had a special that we ran for almost two months. You came in after it was over and it only applied to parts bought here. I'm sorry but That was the special and I can't offer any preferential treatment.

We have a different labor rate for parts that are brought to us. Im sorry but we have to protect ourselves from internet companies that are just out here to make a quick buck and sling product for close to cost. I won't get into this in detail....its been said time and time again. When you buy a part from a reputable shop you are not just buying a good part but you are buying the support that goes with it. Try asking that guy that just dropped shipped you a part from his apartment some tech questions....

I remember you coming into the showroom and you SPECIFICALLY stating that you got the clutch cheaper online. I then quoted you the price to have the clutch installed and to properly bleed the ACD. You said it was expensive but since you knew of no other shop that had the $5000 plus MUTT scan tool (needed to properly bleed ACD) You would feel better coming here.

We are not too "too cool for evo owners" I dont even know how to rebutle that statement . We Love EVO owners and go out of our way to help them.

It sounds like an incorrect clutch install and it is the responsibilty of the shop that did the work to look into it. In the event they cant help you then I kindly invite you to bring it here and have us take care of it for you.

Whatever your course of action might be I do wish you the best of luck in getting the car sorted out. We dont like to see any evo owner down and out.

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jan 16, 2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2007 | 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with AMS, if they were "to cool for evo owners" those guys (AMS) would not be in business very long... It seems those guys (AMS) are doing something right to stay in business, and have one hell of a FLEET evos to prove it. There is a reason why Buschur, AMS, and Turbotrix have built a reputation like they have. I hope this kid stops cutting corners and has a qualitly shop do he work from now on... Good luck

P.S. this is the reason why I'm making an 8 hour trip to get work done on my EVO

Last edited by Jewish Santa; Jan 16, 2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2007 | 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

yea ams do you guys have a opening on the 27th in the morning i need the acd bleed cuz they did it the reagular way whatever that means..how much and mabe you guys can diagnose my problem im coming up their today after school to buy a drop in...btw the big problem was the dip****s forgot to plug back in the maf sensor so alot of my stalling issues are fixed because its not in limp mode anymore and actually has power when going off the line...btw you guys got any hks drop in filters in...ill be their about 4:30 ish...and ill talk then about the price of the bleeding service...
Old Feb 17, 2008 | 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOIXMR8916
tell you the truth im teh type of person that will take the punch and walk away but when someone talks **** about someone they dont know and smack talk that mommy and daddy bought me the car then it wouldnt be sitting in front of bestbuy 30 hours of my week beside the 40 hours at school...i get ocational breaks on friday night and thats when i have fun with my car that i wourk my *** off for....i have pocket change and that goes torward insurance and gas the rest is for emergencies for my car luike this because when i bought this car i was awar it was high maintence....me and my dad are going to do the next clutch install ourselves...this was the first time i was at mechanic for anything that i could have done myself because i took all of your advise to do so but now you guys a contradicting yourselves....i bought this evo in order to become part of this community that i would be accepted and be treated like all the other evo owner but know i see that the sti would have been a better choice since they dont discriminate agianst age groups....wow i smoked my clutch in 2500 miles mabe because i learned to drive stick on the car had something to do with it...hey atleast cky i dont smoke weed and am more mature than you not to do drugs and drive now whose talking you ****in stoner...dumbasses like you are who raise our rates not kid like me that...and wow i curbed my car while in a drive through i dont know about you but evos dont have the best turning radius at slow speeds....so stop hunting my *** down in these forums...and yes ams i am very sorry and will never take my dads word when it comes to mechanic choices....im trying to get a refund now and will take it to a shop with the proper equipment with the maff device and have it done properly cuz i want a new flywheel in and new clutch disc while at it.....im so pissed at factory 5 my dad is taking a lawyer torward them...i know its childish but its a family friend and he said he will not charge us....

Wow wow wow holy smack did you pass grammar school? Your spelling is horrible, just letting you know next time you post something run a spelling check...

Last edited by boostin06ggevo; Feb 17, 2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2008 | 05:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by boostin06ggevo
Wow wow wow holy smack did you pass grammar school? Your spelling is horrible, jut letting you know next time you post something run a spelling check...
Another great thread bump by you.

Old Feb 17, 2008 | 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Old Feb 17, 2008 | 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

lmfao....this thread delivers