Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help my car is ****ed up.....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help my car is ****ed up.....

so i got my car back from factory 5 motoring and these are the problems.....
the clutch is chattering and shaking the whole car when feathering it from a stop...service engine soon light is on....and i have a rev limiter of 4500 on the car in any gear stationary or not...the car isnt pulling right nor boosting right...and the car reves whn poped into nutreal and roling to a stop from idle to 1500 to idle and up a few time and goes to 2k after that...i had a exedy stage 1 installed and the flywheel was resurfaced....what does this tell you guys help me... im sorry about grammer but im pissed of as hell now with my new car ****ed up by a shop....
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

bump with help...im desprate...
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:22 PM

first off i would talk to them and see what the heck they did.

second it seems like limp mode? i dont know much really. but bust some chops at that factory five place and post what you get back on here. other more informed people will be able to help you out.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have heard a little chatter from those clutches is somewhat normal, i guess it depends on the severity, as far as the idle concerns, is the car tuned? what else has been done? you'd better take that *** back to that shop and get it warrantied, the longer you try to drive on it, the worse...... maybe crummy install or left something loose............
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Clutch chatter will be felt with feather lite take offs butt youll learn to let work foot get more comfortable and youll barely feel it later, check all of your engine light by going to discount auto parts the read for free its possible that an unplugged clip somewhere might be the culprit
Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

It's in limp mode, get the code pulled.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

thanks guys ill be going to discount auto parts before work and the chatter is extreme to me i mean the car litealy shakes to the point like everything rattle real loud and whe i was pulling into my garage at night i was looking at my headlights and they would shake likle a mother but yea...i had my friend who drives a cobra drive it and says something is fed up and that he would be raising all hell if he was me i personally feel like the clutch disc is out of balance and or the flywheel was not resurfaced correctly and its out of balance felling.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

yo just take it back. they worked on it they have to fix it. you could get the code pulled sure. it would help to fix the problem. but take it back to those guys and have them look it over. they probably forgot to plug in a sensor and or messed something up while they disassembled or reassembled your tranny and stuff. but yeah dont drive around with ur car all messed up.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
take it back to the shop that messed it up - get your money back

then take it to a shop that knows how to work on evos
http://www.amsperformance.com/main.php
i am surprised that you didnt go to them first, as they are located close to where you live
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

I had a similar problem with my evo , on my previous clutch. I had them resurface the flywheel and I later found out the chattering clutch was barely engaging because of the resurfaced flywheel and cause my new clutch to burn out in a very short period. It also shook my car alot and would not engage well till high revs. I have a exeedy stage 2 and have no chattering now. I would put a new flywheel in it.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:33 AM

If that shop cant fix the car back, definitely trek up to AMS in Arlington heights, I know its a bit of a haul from Orland but trust me, it well be a trip worth while. Also consider Strictly Modified in Schuamburg.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

AMS FTW!

Isn't Factory 5 a Honda shop?
I would have turned around as soon as I left and noticed this stuff..
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

i did go to ams but they where being gay and wouldnt price match a clutch and said they would charge me 800 for install....i would of bought and done it there if they gave me the 425 install with purchase of clutch from us....im pissed at ams...theyused to be good but now they are just too cool for evo owner like me cuz they own the fastest evo and got their rep up....i dont know im just in a pissy mood because of my baby...
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

first thing you should have done was turn around and take it right back. if it wasnt driving like that when you dropped it off to them than why did you take it all the way home and make a post about it? anyway i hope you get it all sorted out.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

cuz i was late for work as is man...and thats what pays for my evo and cant lose my job....and i was going easy on it all teh way to work so i didnt even notice it had the 4k limiter...

Quick Reply: help my car is ****ed up.....