Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Its Comeing!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2002, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Its Comeing!

~ hey everyone! I just got back from the car show in
Minneapolis MN, and I talked to three Mitsubishi Reps about the VII
comeing over. They said the couldn't give me a exact date but it will
fur shur be hear in in January with factory spec saying like 276hp
or something but it is pushing over 300hp so they say. :headbng2: ~and i know some of you didn't like the fact that they were thinking about leather but they did it. there two models like the RS thats like 26,000 he said, and they the other one i forgot the model exactly but i think it was GRS or something, and that one will have the more exp. interior and all for he said 28 to 32,000.......but fur shur in January it'll be hear. Now hears the other info i got. I talked to the Subaru Reps and they said there pushing as fast as they can to get the STi over and it'll supposedly be comeing in 2004. Well just thought i'd share the info with everyone.

Last edited by Blur; Mar 12, 2002 at 10:50 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Well, if it's true, the first thing to go out of my Evo will be the leather seats.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

hah hah hah, I can see it now. "Sir, MUST you remove your seats here on the lot?"
Old Mar 11, 2002, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

I would have no problem with leather. My concern is with the standard transmission and all of the other bells and wistles like Brembos and active differnetial that make the EVo so sweet. If does ,like the articles I have read say, bring the EVo over as close to Jap spec with just detuning to meet California emmision I will be a very happy. If does that It will take just a few mods to turn that EVo in to a C5,SS, WS6, M3, Cobra mustang, killer. :headbng2:
Old Mar 12, 2002, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

The Evo is not a leather seats car. Plus the leather option on a car is like 1,000+.....I'd rather use the money for the aftermarket.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by blitzpb
hah hah hah, I can see it now. "Sir, MUST you remove your seats here on the lot?"
You read my mind. I'd take my new recaro or sparco seats with me along with my tool kit, heck, while I'm at it I may as well change the exaust, intake, intercooler and whatever else Mitsubishi rapped while bringing the over to North America. Heh, heh, when I leave there'll be Evo parts all over the dealership lot.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 01:41 AM

wow I didn't know so many of you had a problem
with the leather seats. I mean shure there more a more expensive
option but sheeesh. You can always get the cheaper model the
RS which is the cheaper cloth interior one and then do your mods.
Now look at it this way tho, I personaly am not a fan of the stock
seats, they look cheap as hell and look like shist. Now if you like
those seats well hey thats you, but if your going to change em like
into Yellow MOMO racing seats now thats tight, but your looking
at around $800 a seat well you do the math and so who ever said
the leather option is a grand your probably right but two seats you
got over $1,600 now. I mean your not just paying more for the seats
your getting a tighter interior, of course you'll do mods in it but if you
don't do anything to the interior I don't see why you wouldn't go with
the more expensive one. Well thats just my thought towards the people
who are tweaking about the leather seats, I'm just happy
its comeing, I mean once its hear in January you can do whatever
the hell you want to it:headbng2:
Old Mar 12, 2002, 02:18 AM
Evolving Member

Blur, the EVO will not share the same seats as the current US Lancer. What most of us are hoping for is that they bring the Recaro seats over with the EVO. These seats come stock on the UK and Jap EVO.

Here is a little interesting theory as well. When they had the 3rd gen RX7 here they sold an R1 version and a Tourning version. The difference being in the suspension and seating really. They had the same power output but the R1 was more of a streetable track car than the tourning. The seat format was the same between the two models but the fabric was different. the R1 had this sued type of material that kept you the seats, while the touring had leather. Oh yeah, you could also have the Touring with a really cool bose sound chanber bass thingy in the back! I got all kinds of stares on this one.

Nick
Old Mar 12, 2002, 02:24 AM

Blur:

I can't believe you live in Mn. and want leather in your car!!! Think about it 25 below and you need to go to work, well at least you will be awake when you get there!!!! (the shock factor):headbng2:

Tell me you are going to keep your truck?

So that makes four of us on the list now from Mn.

hobbie
rax
blur
and me
Old Mar 12, 2002, 02:28 AM
Evolving Member

Just dont try to lick your seats in the morning eh? Maybe Mitsu should bring over some heated Recaro types for you boys?

Old Mar 12, 2002, 03:12 AM
Evolved Member

Keep in mind the seats in the GTA. They are NOT Recaros ... but ARE available in leather as well. Sounds like the base seats as in the GTA are what will be std. Take a look at the GTA brochures. Makes it sound more and more like we will indeed get a version of the GTA...maybe as a base model Evo? And a GSR option with Recaros, etc.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 03:37 AM
Evolving Member

I would gradly take the GSR upgrade if that is the case.

Does any one know what makes the GT-A have less power than the RS or GS-r? I was wondering if it was something as simple as axhaust, or if perhaps there is a significant mechanical change. If they brought a Gt-a style Evo over with the manual transmission I would be fine with that as long as i can extract the power back out relatively easy.

I guess we are all just speculating. I might as well chill until word becomes official on the specs, but I feel like a 8 yr, old kid a week before christmas.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

The GT-A was detuned via ECU, a smaller turbo, and a different exhaust tuned for lower noise levels. The other reason for the detune has to do with the transmission, it's not able to handle much more power than the GT-A puts out.

Paul Hansen
www.apexjapan.com
Old Mar 12, 2002, 09:13 AM

Forget the seats, I care about speed. How fast will it be in US form? Can it really beat a C5 or a nea M3? That means it has to do sub fives to 60. Is this possible? What about 1/4 mile times? Latteral g's? Does anyone know any real specs?!?! Just to add a twist, I would rather have leather recaros in the car in two-tone like the M3. Only then would the interior match the exterior in style.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by blitzpb
Blur, the EVO will not share the same seats as the current US Lancer. What most of us are hoping for is that they bring the Recaro seats over with the EVO. These seats come stock on the UK and Jap EVO.

Here is a little interesting theory as well. When they had the 3rd gen RX7 here they sold an R1 version and a Tourning version. The difference being in the suspension and seating really. They had the same power output but the R1 was more of a streetable track car than the tourning. The seat format was the same between the two models but the fabric was different. the R1 had this sued type of material that kept you the seats, while the touring had leather. Oh yeah, you could also have the Touring with a really cool bose sound chanber bass thingy in the back! I got all kinds of stares on this one.

Nick
I think you forgot about the most important difference between the R1 and Touring. The R1 has a second oil cooler. VERY important with the cooling problems 3rd gens had.

Quick Reply: Its Comeing!