Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock Recaro seat does not have much lower back support?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
recaros are very comfortable...no back issues at all...adjust seat position as recommended
Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i drove 300 miles dropped some stuff off then u-turned it back, 100% comfortable, awesome drive!... and i have a really hard time getting comfortable... it took me about 1500 miles of driving be4 i found the perfect position.... measured how many clicks bad and how many rotations of the knob from the most forward position. takes me a while to find the perfect setting in any car if im driving far but i found it pretty quick to get comfortable in..
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I definitely have some back issues on longer trips and just drove mine 2.5 hours with no problems and have to say out of about a dozen cars I've had these are by far the most comfortable.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

my legs go numb in the evo seats on long drives. but i would buy a corolla if i wanted comfortable seats. my cousin taught me a good trick. take your wallet out on long trips. i don't know if this is general knowledge but it helped me.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by wroblewskievo
my cousin taught me a good trick. take your wallet out on long trips. i don't know if this is general knowledge but it helped me.
I have a better trick, don't keep your wallet in the back pocket... keep it in your side pocket, always. It's orders of magnitude harder for a pick pocket to get it.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

i live in the suburbs of chicago. the only pickpockets we have is a.m.s. that's a joke a.m.s. i love you guys.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:20 PM
Account Disabled

i bought a lumbar support pillow at oriellys for 10 bucks and it makes it feel like a TOTTALLY DIFFERENT SEAT.....its so omfortable now and i can drive for hours without having back aches.........
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Drove from Florida to Maine over 2 1/2 days and slept a total of 8 hours in the evo VIII recaro's! My only wish would have been for cruise control! haha
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by wroblewskievo
i live in the suburbs of chicago. the only pickpockets we have is a.m.s. that's a joke a.m.s. i love you guys.
I guess I just spent too much time in Atlanta
Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:28 AM

I agree with you. I find the seats to be very comfortable for short trips but for longer drives over an hour, my lower back starts to hurt
Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Lateral suppot rocks, but lower back is nil especially if you are tall. I've driven my car for 10hrs straight I miss the armrests of the mininvan the most, the lack of cruise control, the jittery highway moves erk me too.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

I find the stock 2005 VIII seats wonderful. My '02 WRX seats used to jab into my upper thighs, I hated them.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:07 AM

Thanks for all the reply and advice.
It seems that the seat fit really good for someone but not for some depending on their size.
It seems that generally this is not a problem for ppl with healthy back.
For ppl like me, long drive seem to be a problem, but maybe fixable with seat adjustment.

I hope adjustment would fix it, not really want to buy a support pillow,
it doesn't look right with the recaro....
Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:59 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by twlai
For ppl like me, long drive seem to be a problem, but maybe fixable with seat adjustment.
When adjusting the seat, you want to make sure that you keep the distance between you and the steering wheel as a constant. Typically, the optimum reach to the wheel exists when one extends his arm over the wheel and his wrist touches the upper most wheel surface. Once that gauge is established, there's an almost infinite number of permutations relative to rake and distance adjustments that can fit that constraint. Then it's up to you to find the best balance. FWIW, it took me ~1000 miles to find mine.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by MR Dan
I guess none of you guys tried sitting in the JDM Integra Type R Recaros seats.... those absolutely OWN the evo recaros
i had those in my 01 integra type r, they are amazing. but i have no complaints about the ix stock recaros, except that i was sitting up way too high until i got some brackets that lowered the seat about 1-2". now they are even better

Quick Reply: Stock Recaro seat does not have much lower back support?