Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

General evo problems and clear bra?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are pics of my clearbra install.

Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
wow guys, thanks for all the clearbra info, and as for the problems..it's good to know, it's what I expected to hear..thanks
I would recommend against ClearBra

Do your research before having ClearBra installed. I would recommend a product from 3m that is not a film but a spray on product similar to Rhino Guard. The spray on is completely transparent and any trusted autobody shop can apply the product.

It's also half the cost!!!

I hope this help
Old Jan 29, 2007, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Copenhagen
What about washing and waxing the car with the bra on? Do you have to take any special precautions?

just wash regular...no special techniques. you can wax the clear and IIRC you're suppose to was the clear bra every so often. i read somewhere that you can use warm water to clean off any bug stains and what not.

i had 4 rock chips on the car before applying the clear bra...should have done the clear bra when i first got the evo.

again its a matter of preference. find somebody who has a clear bra and look at it in person. hopefully that will give you a better piece of mind about clear bra products.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

If you do decide to get a clearbra...make sure you can get one that goes all the way up the hood. I know a lot of places dont do it beucase it's more material and they dont do it, so search places that do...

maybe it's just me, but knowing that seem is there, it'll drive me crazy!!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 05:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Wraythe
I would recommend against ClearBra

Do your research before having ClearBra installed. I would recommend a product from 3m that is not a film but a spray on product similar to Rhino Guard. The spray on is completely transparent and any trusted autobody shop can apply the product.

It's also half the cost!!!

I hope this help
I can't find it. Linky?