Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What do I do with the Evo?
Keep it
20.93%
Send it back
79.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Rage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Cirrusly- u live in the 'ville? Did you pick it up at the one on Skibo up the road from Cross Creek? I grew up there and I plan on being there possibly this weekend if the evo gets fixed in time. The car isn't modded yet, I wanted to have a good solid base car before I did anything to it. Do you do all your own work or do you have a mechanic there in Fay? you did say to send it back- it is so sad though, it would turn me off from the evo altogether but I didn't want a sh*tty (no offense) Subaru- too many bad experiences with Scoobys
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if i were you i would do a compression test,and if that is not bad then keep it and fix it.but you might have an abused evo. just to warn you this car is money pit!i have an 03 and if it's not one thing it's another!
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DonHugo
Cirrusly- u live in the 'ville? Did you pick it up at the one on Skibo up the road from Cross Creek? I grew up there and I plan on being there possibly this weekend if the evo gets fixed in time. The car isn't modded yet, I wanted to have a good solid base car before I did anything to it. Do you do all your own work or do you have a mechanic there in Fay? you did say to send it back- it is so sad though, it would turn me off from the evo altogether but I didn't want a sh*tty (no offense) Subaru- too many bad experiences with Scoobys
I didn't say send it back, but I'd definately push the blame on them for your repair work.

Yes the Pep-Boys on Skibo does sell the same scanner I have.

Come on down, AMS is coming here to tune 12 Evos this weekend and you're more than welcome to come hang out. Most of the people on the tune list are people I hang out with regularly and we pretty much do our own maintenance. If it's a big job there is a performance shop called H&H Performance that can handle such tasks. They also have an AWD Mustang Dyno

Send me a PM if you want more info
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

f**king unbelievable...they ripped you off bruh! Heck yes, i think you should send it back...If were to sell mines to a dealership, I'll drive the heck out of it first then sell it...imho....

although i believe that not everyone will do the same when they are about to sell theirs.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Have you talked to the dealer you bought it from after the fact? Do they know you are displeased? Have you told them that they misrepresented the car? Were they a Mitsu dealer (no, right?)?

In short I would call them up and tell them that there are some real problems with the car and they were sadly mistaken in their representation. Tell them that you know that they want to do right and ask them what they would like to do in order to address the issue. They may offer to pay the repairs or they may take the car back. If they tell you to f' yourself go after them but at least give them a chance to do the right thing.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
autozone will clear the code for free
Old Jan 29, 2007, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

sorry it took so long to reply I paid 137 for the second to the best one they had, the best one spoke spanish or something
Old Jan 29, 2007, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

What's the name of the dealership?????

I bought mine from www.exotic-motors.com at Chicago... Mine was supposedly "stock", but it had o2 housing and my cat flipped... . It also had rear wheel bent (I noticed a shake when was driving back). They did pay for the wheel though. It came with Teins too (take them off by the way, they will kill your shocks). I don't think you can do anything with the car, but get them to cover your costs etc., scare them with the lawyer and bad advertisment........... Good luck
Old Jan 29, 2007, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

I voted send that pos back.. Too bad the dealer will laugh in your face (or in your ear over the phone) g/l
Old Jan 29, 2007, 09:44 PM
Account Disabled

you signed a contract, I doubt you can take the car back
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

i would have gone back to the dealer and kicked his teeth in... but thats just me
Old Jan 30, 2007, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

you signed a contract, I doubt you can take the car back
And by misrepresenting the car they broke the terms of their own contract. As such it is possible to litigate but that costs both sides and may not be needed. We must assume that most folks are honorable and want to do the right thing and we must proceed as if the people we deal with are so until they prove to not be.

In short ask them to make it right and if they don't consider going postal.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
caveat emptor.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

IMO, the number of '03 evos on this planet that are totally, truly stock you can probably count in one hand. Now most people would put as many stock bits back as they can when they trade the car in at the dealer. Obviously with the amount man-hours go for, things like springs and clutches aren't really going to be replaced with stock items in a hurry (unless you have coilovers or something). The clutch specially, if the stock was replaced at/near the end of its life. Most people will put back exhausts, alloys, cat, dp, mbc and so forth - all relatively simple stuff but things that are time-consuming tend to get left behind. Now re-installing stock items on your car is not the most fun thing you can do on a Sunday afternoon, specially if it's a car you're about to get rid of. So it's very common that these jobs are done with perhaps less care than otherwise and so it wouldn't be too concerned about it, but what might be a good idea is for you to have a thorough check to see what's stock and what isn't on your car. By the sound of things, it's unlikely to be internals (that are causing problems) so I guess a quick poke around by a knowledgable mechanic/technician shoud be sufficient. Hopefully, the springs and clutch are the only non-stock items on the car still so once you've sorted them out, you should be fine.

And let's not forget, the lives our evos lead tend to mean their bits and pieces are more heavily loaded than most other cars out there. So after 4 years (for '03s) things do tend to get a bit tired and will need more tlc than a brand new IX.

It might cost you a few $'s and more irritatingly, some time, to sort things out, but I don't think it sounds like it's beyond rectification. Once it's all done, you'll have the luxury of owning an evo that should last you hopefully a good number of years down the road.

p.s. It sucks that the dealer claims the car was totally stock. It's unprofessional of them, regardless of intention and I can see why that alone would pi$$ you off enough to want to take it back. I guess one must live and learn. It would probably make you happier to just accept that the dealer made an honest mistake and just get on with fixing the car. That, rather than getting all wound up about it all. Just my $0.02
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I have heard nothing all day today- that is a bad sign. The tech hasn't called to tell me what to do and I 'll be going to the dealer this afternoon- will post all info later

Quick Reply: Rage