Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Seibon Hood

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.IX
Wow, ive always thought seibon hoods were 100% carbon... and quality... sorry for offtopic but wow... never heard a bad thing about them besides the bad factor clear on them.
my hood is 100% perfect, waeve is mint, and there are no cracks scrathes or anything. maybe u need to just get it from a better vendor
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Take a sharp cutter and just cut vents into the one they gave you thats a solid peice. It should work fine. Or you could modify the existing one, im sure a few cuts with a pair of tin snips and new holes drilled to fit whereever the plastic peice does would make it fit just fine.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

and that goes for my cf trunk as well
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

any more ideas?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Can you post some pics of the inside of the hood, as well as your hood vent from the OEM hood? That would help me greatly to see what is hitting, and what needs to be trimmed. You might get away with simply drilling a new hole or two to make the OEM vent fit where the solid vent goes.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

i tried doing that. it isnt possible to drill new holes because the stock vent it alot smaller than the seibon opening. I AM NOT A NOOBIE. i tried that already. its either modifying the seibon one or is their an aftermarket one that will fit
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
i tried doing that. it isnt possible to drill new holes because the stock vent it alot smaller than the seibon opening. I AM NOT A NOOBIE. i tried that already. its either modifying the seibon one or is their an aftermarket one that will fit
So pretty much, your saying that the sebion vent is way larger than the OEM vent. Making it not an OEM styled hood. Im at loss. Call seibon, maybe they sell a metal vent. Im at a loss. I guess you could cut that fibreglass/plastic one they give you, but its not gonna look pretty, I guess you could leave it in the trunk and only put it on in the rain.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

What i did was swap in my stock hood vent, mesh, heatshield, and windshield sprayers

here are some pics:

Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
Pocket Mo

my hood is 100% perfect, waeve is mint, and there are no cracks scrathes or anything. maybe u need to just get it from a better vendor
Can't get more direct than a drop shipment from Seibon itself.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well considering Seibon drop ships that wouldn't matter which vendor you got it from. You just got your hood so you need to wait and see.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, i guess my money will be going somewhere else. I was just gonna order one tommorow too. Good thing i saw this today. Thanks everyone.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

their is nothing wrong with seibon hoods
Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
What i did was swap in my stock hood vent, mesh, heatshield, and windshield sprayers
thanks for the pics, however it looks like the underside of my hood is shaped a little different than yours im gunna post pics later but there really is no way i see the stock vent fits on this hood i have. they are both oem style but i just dont see anyway it fits
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Odd, i got mine a few years ago, maybe they changed the design since then? Or maybe mine isn't a siebon? Im not sure, i just got it through a GB on evom about a year and a half or two years ago and it was listed as a "siebon OEM style CF hood with fiberglass skeleton"
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

their is nothing wrong with seibon hoods
Well not to be an a$$hole but you are sadly mistaken about that statement. Only 1 out of 10 or so Seibon hoods actually fit. They all "look" great when they are new, but give it a few months and a few thousand miles....I am gathering a ton of photos from other members with Seibon hoods that look like complete crap.

But to help you with your original question, you don't have to have the vent under the mesh. I've run my hood without the vent for the last three years and the engine does not get very dirty at all. But then again, I usually whipe my engine parts down every other wash or so.

Quick Reply: Seibon Hood