Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock Manifold and Throttlebody?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Manifold and Throttlebody?

What are the measurements for a stock intake manifold and throttlebody? Let me clarify the the opening where the throttlebody hooks up to. I cannot think right now I worked last night. Is it any good to get ported and polished? I know the intake manifold's on the eclipses crack when you port them out.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 07:53 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a large mismatch of ports from the intake manifold to the cyl head. Porting the intake manifold is a good idea. The t/body comes in at just under 60mm. We open them up to 65mm and also match it up to our ported intake manifold! You can see them on our site!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:24 AM

But I have to take into consideration that I am not going to turbo'd so to speak. Will porting the plenum to 65 mm along with the throttlebody reduce my throttle response? Or will it dramatically increase throttle response and give me some horsepower? I also want to get the intake ports ported to match for sure.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jjgrappler
But I have to take into consideration that I am not going to turbo'd so to speak. Will porting the plenum to 65 mm along with the throttlebody reduce my throttle response? Or will it dramatically increase throttle response and give me some horsepower? I also want to get the intake ports ported to match for sure.

I'm confused about your post. If you are not "turbo'd"...Why did you post in the Evo General section?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:39 AM

I am dojgn the DOHC swap using an EVo cylinder head. It helps us guys with the 3g eclipses out since we only have a SOHC engine. I don't want to turbo my car I want to see how much I can do with the basic N/A tools i.e. intake, header, exhaust, different cams, port and poilish the head, and port and polish the intake manifold and throttlebody.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 07:07 PM

any help?