Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why do you sell your EVO's?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you sell your EVO's?

I am just curious, I personally think the car is the perfect car for a performance guy who needs ONE car and ONE car only, but what is it that makes you want to sell or trade in your EVO? Does it have to do with the car itself and it's issues or things it does NOT do well, or is it mainly because you grow out of it and need something normal? I may buy one, I may not so feedback would be good. Is the gas mileage that poor? I mean rated at 17mpg AND you have to run super, now that is a worse scenario than a damn midsized SUV.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:03 AM
Account Disabled

I can't see ever getting rid of the evo until i can afford to highly modify a gt3...
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Upgrade to a IX or a X? I'm thinking about trading mine in for IX MR. The reason is because I want the black chrome headlights with HID (I want the fog lights too) and the tail lights. I like IX front and 6spd. I know a lot of you will say 5spd is better, but it's personal preference. Added bonus is the bilstein. All of those that I just listed is worth over 4-5K if I were to purchase it individually so might as well trade it in for an MR.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

i see some people selling them due to different priorities, getting married, baby on the way, some can't afford the car pymt, others want something w more luxury. Some just want to get out of the scene, thats my 2cent
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:14 AM

After going through several rear drive sports cars, I just got an Evo. I definitely have to say that if I can only have one car, this will be it. I had wanted an Evo when I bought my last car 3 years ago, but the values were not there to make it worth it to me over an S2000. I'll finally be able to bring my golf clubs back from my grandparent's house, which is something I couldn't do the past 3 years.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:14 AM

i havent yet got mine but in a few yrs i may trade up for the new skyline or new supra depending on how they look and price
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

just want something different
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

I personally see no reason to get rid of mine unless I decide to upgrade to a X. I could not settle for a IX unless I immediately modded it to where my VIII is, and that's just not practical for me.

Otherwise, the car is extremely versatile and functional. It has more than enough trunk space, a big back seat, and AWD. It is a car I have and will continue to grow into.

I'm averaging about 20 MPG city, which isn't that bad IMO. The Evo was an easy choice for me to buy and I don't regret it for a minute.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would get rid of my EVO for:

1) GT3
2) LS7 Z06
3) 07 Viper
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

I was looking at an RS4, but I just couldn't pull the trigger when I could get this for 28k.

Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

I've went through a couple "tuner" cars I think this is the one I'm going to keep for a while and build build build. Whenever something breaks its going to be replaced with something better.. til the car is more perfect .
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

I sold due to high car payments. At $489 it was just CRAZY on a $38,000 salary. I now make > 60K and I still can't see having a $400+ car payment. Until I can drop 15K or more on a 30K car I won't be going that route again (plus I don't lease). My goal is sub 300 payments on ANY car I'm going to purchase in the future. I know this means lots of money down and a trade in but hey thats just the smarter way of doing things.

I'm gonna save for a second high performance car and keep my $12,000 (used manual mazda 3 sport sedan, 24K miles) for daily driving duties.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Stop&TurnFreak
I was looking at an RS4, but I just couldn't pull the trigger when I could get this for 28k.

I was looking at an M3, but I just couldn't pull the trigger when I could get this for 18k.

Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ lol oh ****
Old Feb 1, 2007, 03:46 PM

I think the biggest problem is the cost of ownership. If you do your own work on the car that would help defray a lot of expense but there is still that insurance payment. All it's gonna take is a few more fools to trash their cars and the average person won't be able to afford insurance. I can't complain at all about the handling or performance, not to mention the performance potential, of the Evo.