Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Idiot cut me off in the snow....so i t-boned him

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:17 PM
Rox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang!

My word! Sorry to here about your collision. Good call on getting the police involved, smart man. I'd watch-out for teen drivers in the future and stay clear of 'em (hehe, just kidding). On a serious note, I do advise on the snow/ice tires. I'm a Minnesota driver with driving experience from several accredited schools (most recent is the Bridgestone Winter driving school). Not to mention many years of driving in a plethora of winter driving conditions and I would never venture out on a winter ride without snow/ice tires. Every driving instructor I have had the honor of learning from was adamant on having the proper/best tires for the condition (autocross, drag, rally, WINTER). IMO ones life (yours) is not something that should be wagered so lightly. For a nominal amount of money the correct tires could have been purchased and your predicament possibly avoided. I say possibly because there are too many variables to consider and I wasn’t there; however, I am glad no one was hurt but please try and remember to practice personal responsibility and accountability when driving. I hope all goes well with your outcome. Keep us posted on what happens and take care of that beautiful machine you have there.

PS: Enuf of the bickering & flaming. Come on guys, can’t we all just get alone?!
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:18 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mmelmann
I took you off to see what all the blank lines and commotion was all about.
Do you expect an adult to believe that, especially given your history of instigation? Obviously, you lied and are still lying, seeing how you replied 22 minutes after your initial claim.

I found what I suspected and I got discusted again at what was happening.
You found this disgusting, but not the multitude of homosexual slurs you uploaded? Fascinating.

It's funny that you assumed that I was talking about you.
Who were you talking about?

Just so you know, your actions have been noted and you may be seeing an incoming ban stick smack in your crystal ball.
If that's what happens, I'm willing to accept it. Unlike some, I'm willing to accept responsibility for my words and actions. I do wonder exactly what kind of a ***** would ask for help from the mods. The answer is obvious.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:21 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
No more off topic posts please. We are receiving too many complaints concerning your argumentative presence here . Either go to the OT forum where you will find lots of dance partners or do not post. Last warning.

Speedlimit....
Fair enough. I uploaded my last post before I saw yours. Thanks for the consideration.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:23 PM
Rox

Angry...

Oh no! Someone woke up the MOD and made him angry.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:30 PM
Admin Alumni

We're not angry...we're just trying to keep it clean and on-topic.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:39 PM
Rox

On the ball...

Originally Posted by SASD209
We're not angry...we're just trying to keep it clean and on-topic.
Whoa! You guys are on the ball. Kudos to the Mods! Anyways... back to the topic at hand.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rox
Whoa! You guys are on the ball. Kudos to the Mods! Anyways... back to the topic at hand.
Yes! And the conclusion is the teenager blew it and the OP isn't at fault at all. The fact that he has Advans is secondary to the cause. Snows "may" have helped but probably not enough to have changed the outcome.

Okay, thread over. Next.....
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:56 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cj8718
Yes! And the conclusion is the teenager blew it and the OP isn't at fault at all. The fact that he has Advans is secondary to the cause. Snows "may" have helped but probably not enough to have changed the outcome.
That may be true if the OP's driving skill is on par with what it takes to get a driver's license. Having been in similar situations more then once, I can attest to being able to avoid a collision by maneuvering the vehicle. Without good tires in snow/ice, that's impossible.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
That may be true if the OP's driving skill is on par with what it takes to get a driver's license. Having been in similar situations more then once, I can attest to being able to avoid a collision by maneuvering the vehicle. Without good tires in snow/ice, that's impossible.
Really? And how do you know his skills aren't up to your definition of "par"? You weren't there now were you?

The OP says that it wouldn't have mattered what tires he had... what is it about that you can't grasp?

You've attempted to make your point many times and been rejected. Get used to disappointment.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 07:16 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Really? And how do you know his skills aren't up to your definition of "par"?
I don't, and that's why I qualified my comment with an "if."

The OP says that it wouldn't have mattered what tires he had... what is it about that you can't grasp?
My experience makes me question the claim.

You've attempted to make your point many times and been rejected.
AFAIK, this has nothing to do with a popularity contest.

At the risk of sounding pompous, I have little faith in an average Joe's driving skill, be that as it may.

Get used to disappointment.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
At the risk of sounding pompous, I have little faith in an average Joe's driving skill, be that as it may.
A poor bet - you sound as pompous as ever.

Why do you qualify the OP's driving skill as that of an "average joe"? Seriously, where do you get your information?

While we're at it, how about you prove YOUR driving qualifications? I mean, if you're good enough to criticize people and situations you've never experienced you MUST have some SERIOUS credentials. Let's seem 'em, Schumacher.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Anybody that drives with Advans on the snow is stupid to begin with.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scawt
Hmmm.... did it all last year and across a mountain pass several times.

Maybe it's the driver, Scawt, and not the tires...
Old Feb 3, 2007, 07:45 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

A poor bet - you sound as pompous as ever.
I'm willing to live with that.

Why do you qualify the OP's driving skill as that of an "average joe"? Seriously, where do you get your information?
~30 years of driving experience, competitive and otherwise. I can't even recall the number of times I ran circles around much more powerful machines in a ~85whp A2 GTI.

While we're at it, how about you prove YOUR driving qualifications? I mean, if you're good enough to criticize people and situations you've never experienced you MUST have some SERIOUS credentials. Let's seem 'em, Schumacher.
I'm not sure how I can do that outside of a closed-course competition. If you're serious about it and you live in my area, I'd be happy to compete in my GTI against whatever you have. Shoot me a note and we can make arrangements. If it rains or snows, I'll even spot you 2 seconds, given an average time greater than 1 minute.

This is a bit OT and I'd like to respect the mods and stay on the subject.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Scawt

as commented by others earlier, much respect on being able to
handle ureself in that kind of scenario.. wayyyy better then i would
have been able to..

maybe the accident happend cuz u were trying to leaving the evo fam..

bad karma?

Quick Reply: Idiot cut me off in the snow....so i t-boned him