Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rear ended a cop in an EVO!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donmeca2020
holy ****!!! hopefully insurance will cover all that damage.

insurance is covering all of it....even the CRAPPY Ford Fusion rental car! 0-60 in 7.5 seconds (off a cliff)!!!

I FORGOT TO ADD...I know that 12K looks like a high repair estimate based off of the pics... The pics don't show the "creases" below the fuel filler door, and the same crease on the passenger side rear quarter panel. Also, where the rear fender corners go over the rear taillights, they are bent over 90 degrees, and are about 4-6 inches bent over. Just FYI...

Last edited by lightspeed1; Feb 4, 2007 at 02:08 PM. Reason: forgot to add..
Old Feb 4, 2007, 02:15 PM

get a carbon fiber trunk and spoiler now
Old Feb 4, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

a cop in a nonstock evo in cali!! man you are cool..
glad your little boy wasnt with you..and better yet everyone walked out in good health!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys for the vote of support.... I will post a new thread for upgrades once this settles....maybe a poll??
Old Feb 4, 2007, 07:26 PM

good story
Old Feb 4, 2007, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man that sucks. glad you're ok
Old Feb 4, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks - glad you're Ok.

P.S Have you ever cited any Evo owners?
You should have your "sticky" here or something - so people could come to you for an advise
Old Feb 4, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

I appreciate the support guys...as for citing Evo owners, I haven't yet. I work a black and white that handles radio calls. I only write about 2-3 cites a shift. Traffic officers write in excess of 30 cites a shift! As for putting a sticky? That's no problem...I would be more than happy to advise when needed! BUT, I hate to sound like a newb, but HOW DO I STICKY THIS THREAD??
Old Feb 4, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fricci4993
I appreciate the support guys...as for citing Evo owners, I haven't yet. I work a black and white that handles radio calls. I only write about 2-3 cites a shift. Traffic officers write in excess of 30 cites a shift! As for putting a sticky? That's no problem...I would be more than happy to advise when needed! BUT, I hate to sound like a newb, but HOW DO I STICKY THIS THREAD??
lol the mods have to do it
Old Feb 5, 2007, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fricci4993
The Lexus had more airbags than a lowrider convention in East Los Angeles!!!
LMAO!!!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

Glad your ok
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

Glad everyone is ok! I hate people who do that, though. Every time I pull up to a stoplight, I leave enough distance between my car and the car in front of me to act as a buffer zone in the event of an asshat rear ending me. The last thing I want it to be the victim of getting rear ended, only to find out that I now have to pay for the repair of the guy's car in front of me because I was pushed in to it as a result of the impact to my car. Why can't people just maintain a safety gap? If you pull up to a stop light and you can't see the vehicle's rear tires making contact with the pavement, YOU'RE TOO CLOSE!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
Glad everyone is ok! I hate people who do that, though. Every time I pull up to a stoplight, I leave enough distance between my car and the car in front of me to act as a buffer zone in the event of an asshat rear ending me. The last thing I want it to be the victim of getting rear ended, only to find out that I now have to pay for the repair of the guy's car in front of me because I was pushed in to it as a result of the impact to my car. Why can't people just maintain a safety gap? If you pull up to a stop light and you can't see the vehicle's rear tires making contact with the pavement, YOU'RE TOO CLOSE!
I don't think you it would be your fault if someone rear ended you and then you hit the person in front of you. It would be the 1st guys first (whoever hit you I mean)
Old Feb 5, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

cops not to smart huh? your header is totally off "sir", hahahahhaa. From what it says, I would think that you rear ended a cop, -.-
Old Feb 5, 2007, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

I find it helarious that an LAPD cop has a modded Evo. Have you ever pulled an Evo over and cited them?

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
lol, with the Evo's turning radius, you aint goin NOWHERE even if you can see the tires on the ground. Try 20 feet or something.

Quick Reply: Rear ended a cop in an EVO!