Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

my evo air intake

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2003, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i took off the gold bracket and i have a feeling that i messed with the vacuum hoses...the only thing thats causing the lag is the leaking of boost correct?
Old May 29, 2003, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

yeah buddy
Old May 30, 2003, 12:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by the evo wins
yeah buddy
I assume that means you fixed it? It was the vacume line? I ask b/c I am getting the RMR intake in like 2 days and want to make sure I'm not taking steps in the wrong direction.
Old May 30, 2003, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

no that means that i want more responses lol....i unplugged the battery for about an hour and it seems that the car is maybe back to normal? anyways, the boost guage im puttin on saturday should tell me if anything is wrong
Old May 30, 2003, 05:47 AM

I had the exact same isses with the RMR on my evo. However, i ended up disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes, while i installed my grounding cable kit, and then let the car idle for 40 minues while i listened to the stereo and waxed the car. Since then for some odd reason, it seems to be working just fine. If you did not remove any vaccum lines, don't worry about them, they are probably not your problem. For some reason, the evo is very touch with anything to do with air going into the motor. I left the brass bracket there too, and just bent the tab for the filter to fit. This works just fine. But beware all of you open element filter users, water will get on your flter if you are not careful when washing the car! The dealer washed my car today, and the filter got wet from the water going into the hood vents. Just keep an eye out. I ended up putting a nice but gineric heat sheild over my filter from an old honda intake, and this should help keep unwanted water from hitting the filter.
Old May 30, 2003, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

i disconnected the battery for about 45 minutes and it seems to be a bit better im not sure....the problem is, i did disconnect the vacuum lines when i removed the gold bracket.....
Old Jun 4, 2003, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Ok i took a look at the vacuum lines and I see the one coming from the turbo.....is it supposed to connect to the side closest to the front of the car or the one right next to it????? Please let me know so I can finalize this problem...
Old Jun 4, 2003, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Mr. Evo Wins,

For now on ... please have some of your stuff installed by a professional ... or we may have to change your screen name to the BIG L!
Old Jun 4, 2003, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

at least i wasnt a ***** and didnt use a drop in

Last edited by the evo wins; Jun 4, 2003 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did your guys idle go up when you first put the RMR filter on?

I just put mine on today, car pulls good and sounds great. Only problem is I have an 1100rpm idle!!!!!

Oh and I did disconnect the battery for the entire install (30= min)
Old Jun 7, 2003, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by the evo wins
Ok i took a look at the vacuum lines and I see the one coming from the turbo.....is it supposed to connect to the side closest to the front of the car or the one right next to it????? Please let me know so I can finalize this problem...

In case you did not notice, there is a map of hte lines on the right side of the underside of your hood. It shows the proper connections for the lines.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make sure the lines are put on the correct side. Also what I have seen is the lines will get pinched right where they come off the sensor. This will cause the car to run very low boost. That will fix your problem, garrenteed....
Old Jun 8, 2003, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by boostedwrx
did your guys idle go up when you first put the RMR filter on?

I just put mine on today, car pulls good and sounds great. Only problem is I have an 1100rpm idle!!!!!

Oh and I did disconnect the battery for the entire install (30= min)
My car idled rough and high for about 30 mins after the install (battery was off for over 1 hour do to a rain delay during install). Eventually things smoothed out, and i'm back to around 750-800 rpm. Can't remember if thats where it was before, or maybe a bit lower.