Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why no rear stress bar on MR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cold not tell a diff at all when I installed mine. I think I paid 50 for it w/ bolts.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked up one for my gsr and haven't been to the track yet to see if it handles any better, but I've been told by others that it's beneficial.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by milo
How does it affect your alignment? I thought this was only to stiffin the chassis and not affect the alignment.
Like I said, it didn't change the alignment specs by much. Can't really tell how much of a difference the bar alone made. When I installed the bar, I also installed a battery relocation kit (more weight in the trunk) and reached enough miles to get past the break-in point. So the way I drove the car with the bar changed from without having the bar.

The car can oversteer pretty easy on turns & off/on ramps if I lay into the throttle. Do this everyday on the way to work. For $40 I'm not dissapointed by this mod.

Last edited by 16vEVOIX; Feb 8, 2007 at 10:23 PM.