Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Luxury Evolution

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2003, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'd get the evo for everyday driving and the m3??? nahhh SL 55 AMG for weekends......boy night out
Old May 29, 2003, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I wasn't trying to be a d&%k but thanks for the "noob" comment. Fantasy or not, why on earth would you buy an EVO and want luxury let alone pay $20K in interior mods. Its ok to dream but you could have made this a legitimate post by not mentioning $20K. Except for the comfy leather seats and complete rework of interior I agree with your other suggestions. Comfy leather seats in this car is ridiculous because you will be sliding every which way with its tight suspension. If you want your a$$ to be comfy put on softer springs and shocks. Lastly get a nice carbon or aluminum dash kit and the interior will be set.
Old May 29, 2003, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ru4real

it's the "oh, sh*t!" handle
Damn... I thought it was known as that only in my circle of friends... but yes, that's the one.
-N
Old May 29, 2003, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

He called you a noob, but you have been here longer than him....
Way to make yourself look dumb, Im with Spanked on this one, if you find yourself thinking about nice interiors and $50000 Evos, you obviously dont get it. And Im not even trying to offend you or start name calling....
Old May 29, 2003, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by neilscully

Damn... I thought it was known as that only in my circle of friends... but yes, that's the one.
-N
Well, maybe it trickled over here to Boston. I learned it from the guys at work.
Old May 29, 2003, 02:17 PM

What a dumbass thread....and idea?!! If I wanted luxury, I would have gotten into the E46 M3 or the new S4. Rally car homologations are NOT supposed to be luxurious and comfortable...

Get outa here
Old May 29, 2003, 02:19 PM

Hmmm... let's see. A performance/luxo car, big wing, with a turbocharged 4 cylinder. Sounds like an late 80's/early 90's Lotus Esprit. People paid more than 50 for that, back then! And Lotus had a terrible reputation!
Old May 29, 2003, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by Leonardo
What a dumbass thread....and idea?!! If I wanted luxury, I would have gotten into the E46 M3 or the new S4. Rally car homologations are NOT supposed to be luxurious and comfortable...

Get outa here
Next time you see a "dumbass thread", just don't click on it!
Old May 29, 2003, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you for agreeing with me Tristar and Leonardo, however "Dumbass" is a little mean Leonardo and we don't want to stoop to his level of name calling and yes Tristar it is true I have been here longer than him but he is an evolving member and I am still a newbie. Hmm now why is he an evolving member?!

I didn't see "dumbass" in the title of the thread so I guess I am the dumbass for wasting my time reading this.

Can you all feel the love in this thread!? Can you feel it uh uh uh!!!???
Old May 29, 2003, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Interiors in many asian countries are
Leather, Navigation, Moon roof, etc all come standard, not only for those 50k cars, even those below 20k have those...
Old May 29, 2003, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

sorry for the newb comment SPANKED.
and i'm sorry for trying to start a thread that's a little different. the only two things that really seperate the M3 and Evo is luxury and $20K so I was trying to make a point at the same time creating some discussion. I thought something besides comparing apples and oranges in every thread some creativity would be in order.

He called you a noob, but you have been here longer than him....
wow, a whopping 7 days longer. i was going by the member status when I typed that. my bad SPanked.

Last edited by mayhem; May 29, 2003 at 03:22 PM.
Old May 29, 2003, 03:26 PM

Hey...I've got irritable bowl syndrome and seeing this thread made me want to go No.2. I called the thread the name, and not Mayhem...so apologies for any confusion.

This topic is close to my heart...you see: I used to own both E30 and E36 M3's, and seeing what BMW is doing to their Motorsport heritage is sacrilege. I just about lost it when they offered the "luxury" package on the E36. Well, this is why I don't drive Bimmers anymore.

I'm fearful of some marketing wheeny from Mitsu lurking these boards and getting the idea of doing a luxury version of the Evo...Noooooo!

Peace!
Leo
Old May 29, 2003, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Out of the $20K difference in the M3 and EVO, the engine probably makes up for $5K, the styling and interior makes up another $5K and the name makes up for the rest, sounds about right to me you pay like $10K for the name and that amazing German engineering, cough cough bs cough cough!!!

Don't get me wrong the M3 is a beautiful car but from what I have heard and seen personally no thanks unless you want to give me one or I win the lotto tomorrow!!!
Old May 29, 2003, 04:29 PM

My best friend has an IS300 and we argue about this all the time. Still, I can't say that I don't envy all the nice stuff he has in there.