Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Child seat in Evo?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2003, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally posted by M3lachsilber
I picked up my new EVO with my two year old boy..

The looks on the faces of the salesman when I strapped in the seat...
Hehe. I did that same thing when I picked up my STi. Drove off the lot with my 3 1/2 year old daughter. They loved it.

See, Evo and STi drivers aren't so different.

TRS
Old May 30, 2003, 02:12 AM
Evolving Member

Nice thread. Amusing just thinking of all those kids zipping around in such a high performance vehicle.
Old May 30, 2003, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Dang, I thought I was the only one with two kid seats in the back of their EVO8. Glad to see I'm not alone. My 4 year old son has noticed many of the same things you guys have mentioned. He kicked the back of my seat a couple times 'til Daddy warned him of the kicking he was gonna get if he continued. He listens fairly well for a 4 year old.

The other boy is just over a year old. He doesn't have much to say about it. They both are a little annoyed that Daddy doesn't let them eat or drink much in the car. I've finally started giving in a little for the 4 year old, but I just can't stand to see the baby slinging his juice cup around back there. The second it comes out of his mouth, I'm reaching back saying "give Dadda".

And yes, it's hard to "help" them back there when you're strapped into those pretty recaros. And it's a little hard to hear what they're saying too. I thought he was just talking too softly (he gladly yells it out when I say "huh" though). Glad to see others are having the same issues.

I'm fairly known at the local Mitsu parts counter (notice the cars I drive?), so when I walked in and asked for a set of oil filters for the EVO8, they all asked me "Are you the one driving around here with that black EVO with baby seats in the back!?". It's a small town. What can I say?

Thomas Dorris
Old May 30, 2003, 08:09 AM

hmmmmm

Better keep that spill proof sippy cup for a while. My son is 1 but will be 2 in July.

I was looking at that same Recaro baby seat for the Evo (when i get it lol). Hopefully i'll get it before he's 10 LOL.
Old May 30, 2003, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

I have 2 child seats in the back of mine also. Have to move the driver seat up a notch though.
Old May 30, 2003, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

The ability to carry a child seat is the reason I bought the Evo. When I told everyone I was buying a 4 door sedan, they about flipped (considering my love of sports cars). Then they saw it...

But yes, the Evo is my family hauler
Old May 30, 2003, 08:57 AM
bs
Evolving Member

that's actually a reason i went with the evo as well. the fiance hated the rsx for hauling the baby around. so i was like well i guess we could get a four door ahhh what a great comprimise.
Old May 30, 2003, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I carry both of my girls around in mine they love the evo. The nice rumble puts my 3 year old asleep every time. Both love the wing too. They think it is the fastest car in the world, yet I never drive fast with them in the car. It is a great family supercar.
Old May 30, 2003, 09:42 AM

I love all the compromising...Dad get a fast car...and Mom's okay with it cause it has 4 doors... ;-)
Old May 30, 2003, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

I plan to purchase the EVO shortly. The roominess in EVO's backseat was the final selling point for me. Hauling 2 boys around, they'll need the room. With the STI vs EVO basically even (didn't intend to start anything), the roomier interior was the final selling point.

I'm glad to see other dad's fufilling his sports car enthusiasm, but still able keep the wife happy. Now if I can only get my wife to read this thread, she'll understand the EVO isn't an overpriced, ricey looking, twenty-something toy .
Old May 30, 2003, 11:28 AM
EvoM Guru

After the first ride down our mountain road in the car my six year old son said "dad we should call it the WEEvo because it's so much fun" My wife and I had a good chuckle over that one. Amazing practicality for such a high performance car