Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HKS Electronic Idle Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2007 | 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Redfire
i dont care if i get flamed. i dont like quite. i am getting teh AMS turbo back and want a BOV. i dont like stock anything
I am not sure how to respond to this statement. In the first place, why do you want a BOV when you already have a DV? Are you after a particular sound? How much have you budgeted for the BOV and its supporting mods such as the HKS EIS?
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

i spoke to a few tuners and they said the eids won't do much, but they couldn't give me a concrete answer. so, try it out yourself and monitor your a/f numbers. i've read that the vta's can richen up the a/f's.

try it out and update us ix owners.
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by sparky
I am not sure how to respond to this statement. In the first place, why do you want a BOV when you already have a DV? Are you after a particular sound? How much have you budgeted for the BOV and its supporting mods such as the HKS EIS?

yeah pretty much. i had a RFL on my last evo and loved the sound.
Old Feb 12, 2007 | 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

i have a greddy type rs on my evo 8. when vta, it is loud, sounds awesome. i had it vta for the first 2 weeks then got annoyed cuz of stalling. so i switched to normal set up. i'd be willing to make an even trade for your stock one if you're interested. pm me
Old Feb 12, 2007 | 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

hey fellow houston evo owner, hope to see you around.
Old Mar 28, 2007 | 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

i've learned my lesson...had the eids before and it fixed the stalling and check engine light on my ix. but the cel came back on after about 5000 miles... it was a po300 code for the o2 sensor not getting a proper reading.

probable causes were - cat melted from richness....
- or f'd up my downstream o2 sensor which is expensive...
solution - put the stocker back on and got an o2 simulator w/ a works resonated test pipe.

engine light off and no problems after 10k and going...

eventually u'll get tired of the sound and realize it's not worth the headache...but it's hard to listen to ppl on the forum cuz u need to experience it to learn as with all lessons learned in life. good luck!
Old Mar 28, 2007 | 08:03 PM

I say put a intake on with the stock bov. It will be pretty loud.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Hey man if you want an HKS EIDS I am getting rid of mine. PM with an offer and I might sell it to you. If you want it.

Last edited by bcevo9mr; Apr 4, 2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

im with the starter of the thread...i already know the whole flame deal with vta bov's and well aware of the great durability of the stock ix bov...we all have taste and buy things we dont need...why buy lips and canards? do we all road race our cars and need all those aerodynamic goodies? no, but we buy em cuz it looks nice...same as runnin a vta bov..yes it will run faulty without the assistance of the hks eids in most cases, but in this case, he is planning to have it run well so no harm, just a nice noise coming from a nice car. I, myself dont like quiet cars neither. my bone stock gto was louder than my TBE evo. yes the gto was a 5.7L v8, but the evo also is turbo and has a full back exhaust sounds like a stock car. i need to wake this baby up! plan to get a BR intake and Greddy type S recirc

Last edited by RalliArtEvoVIII; Apr 4, 2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

03 04 had issues with a VTA the 05 and up dont that I know of . The MAF reads slightly differnt now. I have a 05 and my buddy has a MR 05 no problems with VTA at all.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jluckyp
i have a greddy type rs on my evo 8. when vta, it is loud, sounds awesome. i had it vta for the first 2 weeks then got annoyed cuz of stalling. so i switched to normal set up. i'd be willing to make an even trade for your stock one if you're interested. pm me

This is cause u have a 03. There MAF is to touchy same with the 04. 05 reads slightly differnt. So no problems.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 09:25 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I will say that if you're looking for a noisy BOV then the HKS SSQV would be a great choice, my car came with it installed. Its loud, smells of RICH exhaust every time you shift, stalls, and is probably causing compressor surge. The valve spring requires adjusting every once and a while, but this BOV can be recirculated. From what I've heard it will still be rough even when recirculated, but I haven't even tried that yet. The only reason I can think of that this guy installed the valve for is for the sound because the car can drive like **** sometimes and other times its a treat.
Old Aug 26, 2007 | 07:03 AM

MY EVO VII only has the STALLING problem when my AC UNIT is On and like you said when I Neutralize and CLutch down sudden or not too sudden. What could be the problem and how can I correct it? Ive installed the HKS EIDS but no significant change in situation.
Old Aug 26, 2007 | 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

i have been running a full vta blow off valve for about 3 months now...
never has my car stalled or had any idle problems.
Old Nov 13, 2007 | 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Get an ARC Air Induction Box, Trust me I was thinking of doing a BOV then got one used and it makes me happy, it will give you the sound you want and you will not have to worry about anything else, and at the same time you will get a great Air Box that looks great with an EVO 9MR RR I love mine, From another Evo9MR RR owner

Quick Reply: HKS Electronic Idle Stabilizer