Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HKS Electronic Idle Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS Electronic Idle Stabilizer

ok whats up guys. this is my first post so im sorry if this is the wrong section for this question. i just bought an Evo IX MR and this is my second one. had a 2003 but never did anything to it. i was just curiose as to wehter or not anyone has used this or heard if it actually works. any info on it would be appreciated cause i am wanting to get a BOV but dont want the stalling. so let me know guys..thanx

here is a few pics

Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

really nice new car, havent heard much about it only saw it on lancershop. I would just recommend getting the aps dual vent so you could get a little bit of both worlds
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:52 PM

true. but i was just checking my options...thanx for the input though man
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

before you get flamed by the whole world dont do it....the stock one is perfect til you start running high boost (26+psi)....spend your money elsewhere. The IX comes w/ an all metal diversion valve unlike the VIII's did....Its the same valve that was in the JDM MR's and is good on average up to 24-26 psi
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:54 PM
Account Disabled

stock mr bov ftw...put your money elsewhere...
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Aps or turbo xs dual vent
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:56 PM

i dont care if i get flamed. i dont like quite. i am getting teh AMS turbo back and want a BOV. i dont like stock anything
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

I use the HKS EIDS on my 03 and yes it did correct the stalling and idle dropping issue of running a VTA BOV(car came with it). I have heard the ECU on the 9's will correct it for you so there is no need for it. I would try it without and see if does what you want. The worst that will happen is it might stall. Another easy way to get the sound with out running into any issues is to change the air intake to a open element filter.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

NOOOOO!!! leave the IX valve alone!!! it is the best if you are going to stay mostly stock (bolt ons and flash). it can hold boost like a champe up to 25-26 psi.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by EVO316
NOOOOO!!! leave the IX valve alone!!! it is the best if you are going to stay mostly stock (bolt ons and flash). it can hold boost like a champe up to 25-26 psi.
dude. plerase read posts befor replying. it will help both of us. lol

i dont care if it holds 100PSI. i dont like the sound(or lack of sound) of the stock one
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by glgz
I use the HKS EIDS on my 03 and yes it did correct the stalling and idle dropping issue of running a VTA BOV(car came with it). I have heard the ECU on the 9's will correct it for you so there is no need for it. I would try it without and see if does what you want. The worst that will happen is it might stall. Another easy way to get the sound with out running into any issues is to change the air intake to a open element filter.

thanx man for the info. does it hurt performance at all? or does it just make the car stall? cuase if all it does is make the car stall i can deal with it. but i dont want to hurt the performance any
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

a couple of friends were running the hks ssqv with no eids, no problem. ...something to do with the mivec... :shrug:
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:05 PM

oh and one more question. are there any good tuners in TEXAS?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Redfire
thanx man for the info. does it hurt performance at all? or does it just make the car stall? cuase if all it does is make the car stall i can deal with it. but i dont want to hurt the performance any
I assume you mean running a VTA without a HKS EIDS? If so yes stalling or RPM dropping is the only thing the EIDS corrects. It only does it if you were tached up and put the clutch in fast like coming to a stop all of a sudden. That is when you see issues with the stalling that is what the EIDS corrects. In all truthfulness you still have the issue of going real rich everytime the BOV goes off due to the metered air being released when the MAF expects it to be there. The EIDS does not help with that. I would say the richness created by the VTA is going to affect performance but for street use it never becomes a factor IMHOP.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by glgz
do you know where you have heard the 9's ECU will correct it self?

Quick Reply: HKS Electronic Idle Stabilizer