Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Project FQ-340..... Build Up Pics/Vids/Dyno

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007 | 02:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vigo
He should of used a Brian Crower 2.4 liter stroker kit. The Brian Crower stroker kit can handle 800+ horsepower. With this kit and a GT35R turbo you will reach 20psi by 3600rpm in third gear. It is also much less expensive than the JUN kit.
]
question
Originally Posted by Mase
If i were to go w/ a longer stroke, the piston speeds at 8000 rpms in 6th gear would make my pistons speed in my high reving s2000 look silly.
Answer.

I think your missing the point Vigo, when your building a car its only as good as the builder and the parts that go in it. EXAMPLE, you could take the BEST of everything ( TODA,AMS,BR,HKS,AMUSE,ect.) and give it to a builder that knows nothing, and then just totaly **** it up. However when building a motor, and giving the conditions, the reliablility, real world conidtions. like load air density, grade, altitude. Your numbers on paper go right out the window.

Basically what im trying to explain to you is that it all comes with experiance, MASE over here has done a great deal of research, spent a ton of time.
So why dont you say GREAT JOB,or admire his work for his last year of build time on a car that he was willing to share with you instead of saying "YOU SHOULD HAVE..."

just my 2 cents. again

Anthony
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Mase,

Awesome work, I'm very impressed with the turnout of the car. The car looks good and obviously is an animal on the street. Would have loved to have been there during dyno tuning. Sucks my car is having issues atm, would have liked to make it out over the eventful weekend.

Ever get that 4" filter worked out? Steve called me but my car was on other side of Jax in storage till I get some time to sort out the issue.

It's good to have someone working/tuning Evo's in Jacksonville. Results speak for themselves.
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 09:55 AM
Account Disabled

Of course, the builder is the most important part. I know that. It does not matter what brand of part you got and how good the quality of the said part, but if the installation sucks it does not matter how good the quality is, because that part is going to fail on you. I totally get your point. No problem there.
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

"Do you know how I know your gay"?

Please this is just to much.......your not serious are you?

Old Feb 16, 2007 | 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
"Do you know how I know your gay"?

Please this is just to much.......your not serious are you?

When you build a evo like this which you wont then you can talk all the crap you want. in the mean time keep it to yourself.

And if you say you can build something like this you need to buy a FQ and ship it over you will pay around 60 out the door. Good luck.

And if the man was gay it doesnt matter. Gay stright both ways it doesnt matter. I would love to see the day where people dont care about the color of your skin and what your sexual ways are. Grow up where in 2007 not 1942.
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

im not knocking his build......

im laughing at the pictures.....im sorry but anyone who writes there name using a money sign on pistons then snaps a photo is "gay" (not using the term in refrence to his sexuality but using it as like wow thats just gay). Plus the quote is from the 40 year old virgin.....hence quotation marks. Im joking around man, sheesh.

When did i say i wanted to build anything, I dont....

Lets sum up this shall we, im commenting on the pictures...again once more so you understand "IM LAUGHING AT THE PICTURES" To me that is just to much, the pose is what had me laughing hysterically....

.....lighten up
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 10:37 AM
Account Disabled

Some people are just too sensitive here....
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Some people are just too sensitive here....
ya think???
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Great build gay or not j/k NASTY CAR GOOD LUCK
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 10:49 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by travman
ya think???
Affirmative. Sometimes I like stating the obvious just for kicks.
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 01:19 PM

HAHA, dont worry, im not offended. The whole writing the name on the motor is a gag that goes way back to early 2000. Its more of an inside joke back with the old honda guys.

The other pic however.....the car will be in a magazine, and they wanted some serious shots of me in front of the car still on the states side.

Its humorous to me anyways.

Btw, anyone who knows me, knows im certainly not gay. haha
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Here's Steve's reaction to a comely lass who happened to be walking by during the shoot

alright I'm only kidding (and my camera does not like twilight or shaking)
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Old Feb 16, 2007 | 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Of course, the builder is the most important part. I know that. It does not matter what brand of part you got and how good the quality of the said part, but if the installation sucks it does not matter how good the quality is, because that part is going to fail on you. I totally get your point. No problem there.
Hmm...i guess point blank is the best approach..... I was Refering to the fact that it does seem like you have Much of a clue about what your talkin about. So please refrain from posting misinformation.
Old Feb 16, 2007 | 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

thats a strong evo and stage6 deserves much props for this info they are shareing,thanks guys! its nice to know you can take your evo to other places too.
there are lots of good shops like this shop.

Quick Reply: Project FQ-340..... Build Up Pics/Vids/Dyno