Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Almost another Evo incident!

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2003, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Older thing and going slow in traffic, yep, thats me. Belligerent when the road is open and a schmuck is messing with me, yep, guess I aint quite that old yet. Somebody wants to get out of their car and come up to my window I am going to assume that they are planning a carjacking, and they will be facing a load of hydroshocks, courtesy of the Florida concealed carry permit. Amazing how adrenaline and a car can make some people lose their minds... including me, I suppose.

Probably a good thing to think about before doing crazy things... the other guy might just be a bit more crazy than you.
Old May 30, 2003, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

5 miles of open road with intersections... Sounds like somebody was enjoying Irvine Blvd or Bake

-Josh
Old May 30, 2003, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
Well, if you were originally behind him....he probably thought you were tailgaiting him. And once you passed him, you likely didn;t keep up your speed. So to him it seemed like you were tailgaiting him, then passed him, but slowed down to "mess" with him.
SC~
No, I was in the lane to the left of him. I noticed he wanted to mess with me because everytime I would speed up he would speed up and everytime I slowed down he would slow. I never tailgated him once. I always keep a far distance. It was just that when he slammed the brakes the distance closed fast that I ended up right behind him. I thought he sped around me to get in front of me so he could turn left at the next light.....until he slammed the brakes. Then I knew he was just a lunatic so I high tailed it out of there.

The only thing I can say, Coolguy949, is that you make very poor decisions while driving and you'll probably deserve whatever happens in the future.
Ok......

And you determined that how?? I'm a VERY good driver and no, i'm not being cocky or proud. Once thing I do really well is driving. I also know how to "race" at a light and still maintain a high level of safety. I dont swerve around, cut people off. I've found that many times when I raced in my eclipse and got beat by the person, he would cut me off. I guess that sustains the fact you won? I dont know but I've only raced 2 people in my evo. This guy was #2. I've had a few people rev on me but I dont race because it's in the middle of the day or there is traffic....oir simply because I know my evo is faster and I dont need to waste my time.

Last edited by Coolguy949; May 30, 2003 at 10:49 AM.
Old May 30, 2003, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by nynguah
5 miles of open road with intersections... Sounds like somebody was enjoying Irvine Blvd or Bake

-Josh
LOL

You're right! It was Bake Pkwy on that straightaway as you enter Foothill Ranch (where I live). He slammed his brakes as we were coming up on portola (we were still about 300 yards from the light).
Old May 30, 2003, 10:54 AM

Interesting how some people drive.
Old May 30, 2003, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evoorsti

Yah, I was exaggerating when I said slow. However, that's what the left lanes for...for passing, which usually means cars moving faster than the flow of traffic. Everyone around here travels at 70mph+. 85mph is about average for me on the freeway. When I'm on my bike, I'm usually doing 100mph-115mph avg. And that's on the tollway. Of course, traffic permitting that is.

Must be those straight roads in Texas. I wish! I rode my bike to work this morning. First time I had no incidents or near incidents. Usually I get some dumb driver trying his/her best from letting me pass. Ever have a car jam their brakes on you when on your bike? Lots of idiots out there.

Check this road rage incident out! Victim even id himself as a police officer.

http://1010wins.com/siteSearch/winst...149122456.html
Old May 30, 2003, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Coolguy949

LOL

You're right! It was Bake Pkwy on that straightaway as you enter Foothill Ranch (where I live). He slammed his brakes as we were coming up on portola (we were still about 300 yards from the light).
There are nuts out there. Maybe it was someone who recognized your new ride who was selling their Evo's for over MSRP?

Keep the shiney side up....
Old May 30, 2003, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://1010wins.com/siteSearch/winst...149122456.html [/B]

Mike Tyson driving a Buick?
Old May 30, 2003, 11:17 AM

a few years ago, i was getting on a local highway and there was a van in front of me that was scared to pull out into traffic even though thingswere cool. i pulled out onto the road, and then he pulled out in front of me so i had to move to the left lane. i didnt check it well enough apparently, cause i cut someone off that must've been flying. so he got in front of me and tried to slam on his brakes and make me rear-end him twice. but then i chased him for awhile and he got scared and weaved in and out of traffic for awhile and ran away.

truth be told, if someone starts to play those games wheni'm in my evo, i'm just gonna let them go.

if someone vandalizes my evo though, and i catch them, it's going to be an ugly scene.
Old May 30, 2003, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by Coolguy949

No, I was in the lane to the left of him. I noticed he wanted to mess with me because everytime I would speed up he would speed up and everytime I slowed down he would slow. I never tailgated him once. I always keep a far distance. It was just that when he slammed the brakes the distance closed fast that I ended up right behind him. I thought he sped around me to get in front of me so he could turn left at the next light.....until he slammed the brakes. Then I knew he was just a lunatic so I high tailed it out of there.

I had something similar happened to me in my Integra before with the speeding up and slowing down crap. Eventually I just started driving speed limit and he just started blocking my right side, luckily my exit was still miles away. Eventually he figured out that I wouldn't race so he threw a small plastic bottle of coke that hit my right rear window panel.. god that scared the **** out of me because I didn't even bother to look at them anymore. Anyways they just ended up speeding out of there and took the next exit. I didn't get their license plate in time or else I would've called the cops on him.. what an ***.. WTF's wrong with people anyways? Or is this just a LA thing?

Just letting you know that you're not the only one that's encountered lunatics like this. No wonder teenager's insurance is so high with all these morons like this on the road.
Old May 30, 2003, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by EVOM3

Must be those straight roads in Texas. I wish! I rode my bike to work this morning. First time I had no incidents or near incidents. Usually I get some dumb driver trying his/her best from letting me pass. Ever have a car jam their brakes on you when on your bike? Lots of idiots out there.

http://1010wins.com/siteSearch/winst...149122456.html

Believe it or not most cagers are well behaved when I ride my bike. Heck, they even get over to let me pass on the left lane. Now, when I'm in my car it's like pulling teeth for them to move over. However, no one's jammed their brakes on me while I was on my bike. Knock on wood.

Like you said, we have a lot of straight roads. It takes some driving to get anywhere...so a lot of folks down here are lead footed, me included!

I noticed you have an R1? I had a '02 liquid silver...now I have the '03 black/flame which I'm currently trying to sell. Guess what I'm doing with the money? Hopefully putting it down on an Evo or maybe the STi.
Old May 30, 2003, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Damn........that sucks for everyone

Someone in an Astro van tried to cut me off and then start **** with me, cause I almost hit him..........UGH, he flew around me in a turning lane and nearly sideswiped me, then kept trying to come into my lane to run me off the road.......I must mention it was in Allentown and it was a non-speaking english (barely) person.........People SUCK!
Old May 30, 2003, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

I think WRX drivers are the worst EVER!?! They would challenge you to a race on Pike's Peak in the middle of a typhoon.

*Note: There are no typhoons in the Pike's Peak local, just in case any smartasses wanted to say anything.
Old May 30, 2003, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evoorsti

Believe it or not most cagers are well behaved when I ride my bike. Heck, they even get over to let me pass on the left lane. Now, when I'm in my car it's like pulling teeth for them to move over. However, no one's jammed their brakes on me while I was on my bike. Knock on wood.

Like you said, we have a lot of straight roads. It takes some driving to get anywhere...so a lot of folks down here are lead footed, me included!

I noticed you have an R1? I had a '02 liquid silver...now I have the '03 black/flame which I'm currently trying to sell. Guess what I'm doing with the money? Hopefully putting it down on an Evo or maybe the STi.

Might be cause you guys pretty much have riding weather all year round. Over here, the cagers aren't used to the bikes until spring and summer rolls around. Then it takes them all season to get used to us, then winter comes around again.
Yep got the 02 Liquid Silver and just picked up the 03 BLK w/flames. I am still in the process of obtaining my long lost love (EVO8) Good luck with your EVO STI hunt.
Old May 30, 2003, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe it's a stupid question but what are cagers?