Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Almost another Evo incident!

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by evoorsti

Believe it or not most cagers are well behaved when I ride my bike. Heck, they even get over to let me pass on the left lane.
Wish it were so in So Cal. Some will pullover but they are very few. I actually found the best place for cagers pulling over to let the bike pass was in Washington State when me and a few buddies were on a western states tour for 2 weeks.
Old May 30, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

yea whats a cager...

oh, coolguy your story reminds me of super troopers. funny stuff..

BREMBOS!
Old May 30, 2003, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVOM3

I agree people should move over when they see a faster car coming from behind, but 85mph is far from "slow". That bizitch should not have been tailgating either.
Let's be clear. The definition of slow in this case is slower than her.

And yeah she should not have been tailgating but why would you even want to bother getting involved with her and her driving habits and her life by trying to teach a lesson? What is the possible upside vs. the possible downside?

OK, so you slam on your brakes and now after a near-accident she knows to follow no less than a mile behind you. Did you win?

OK, so you slam on the brakes and she careens into a ditch and both her and her ailing friend (who she was racing to get to) die. Did you win?

How do you know why she was speeding? Point being, it shouldn't matter; it is always better to give way because you don't know why they're doing what they're doing and don't need to get involved by passing roadway judgment.
Old May 30, 2003, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ez76

Let's be clear. The definition of slow in this case is slower than her.

And yeah she should not have been tailgating but why would you even want to bother getting involved with her and her driving habits and her life by trying to teach a lesson? What is the possible upside vs. the possible downside?

OK, so you slam on your brakes and now after a near-accident she knows to follow no less than a mile behind you. Did you win?

OK, so you slam on the brakes and she careens into a ditch and both her and her ailing friend (who she was racing to get to) die. Did you win?

How do you know why she was speeding? Point being, it shouldn't matter; it is always better to give way because you don't know why they're doing what they're doing and don't need to get involved by passing roadway judgment.

I agree. I usually get out of the way because I'd want someone to do the same for me. I wouldn't want to cause anyone to get into a crash for a stupid reason like tailgating.
Old May 30, 2003, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

I dont see the point of you guys racing your evo against a lower-powered car like a honda. If you know your opponent's car is slow theres no point in racing and wasting your gas. Just sit back and relax. Cruise Baby!!
Old May 30, 2003, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

CAGE = Automobile

CAGER = driver of an automobile

ps don't tell the other riders I told you guys.
Old May 30, 2003, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by drummerjun
[B]well....
What can I say..
it's a Honda...
Stop with that stereotype Sh*t.
Old May 31, 2003, 03:26 AM

Originally posted by TwiNpnOy84

Stop with that stereotype Sh*t.
]Originally posted by TwiNpnOy84
I dont see the point of you guys racing your evo against a lower-powered car like a honda. If you know your opponent's car is slow theres no point in racing and wasting your gas. Just sit back and relax. Cruise Baby!!
Old May 31, 2003, 03:33 AM
Evolving Member

um...not all honda drivers do this stupid thing...

^_^
Old May 31, 2003, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by: chan816
um...not all honda drivers do this stupid thing...
Yep!!! Stupid azz drivers come in all kinds of vehicles.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 06:38 PM

Just cuz ur in an Evo doesn't mean you own the road. Hehe, waiting for the first Civic owner to post up his Evo kill.