Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Almost another Evo incident!

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2003, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost another Evo incident!

Well, about 1:15 AM tonight I encountered a civic si (blue) on a completely empty stretch of about 5 miles. I notice that whenever I accelerate, he accelerates. At about 80MPH I punch it. I quickly catch up then pass him. The he gets behind me and turns on his high beams, totally freaking me out because I thought it was a cop for a sec then I realize it's him. I slow down as the stretch is coming to an end and he passes me..........this is where it gets ugly.....he passes me then gets in front of me and slams his brakes as hard as he can, taking me by suprise. Mind you, there are no signals or stops anywhere near....we're right in the middle of a road! As I see his the rear of his car approaching the front of mine (!!!) I slam my mighty 4 pots and as expected I come to a sudden stop about 3 feet from his back bumper. I go around him to give him a peice of my mind when suddenly he does a FWD burnout and takes off again. I catch up and pass him and I see him in my rear view slam his brakes again in a cloud of smoke and flicker his high beams....this time in the middle of an intersection....what's wrong with this guy?????.....i hurry home to put my evo in it's safe and warm garage away from anymore lunatics on the road.

What's wrong with people? Do they just hate our evos that they feel the need to try and destroy them by any means possible? With all the crashes, keys, rocks thrown, vandalism, etc happening in the last few weeks, I'm beginning to think we're being targetted by some secret anti-evo terrorist group.

Just though I'd rant....

Last edited by Coolguy949; May 30, 2003 at 04:09 AM.
Old May 30, 2003, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

well....
What can I say..
it's a Honda...

Here..
get this and put it on the Evo..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6755
Old May 30, 2003, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sadfsadf

Last edited by MaxR; Nov 13, 2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old May 30, 2003, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

I think I would've acted like his friend and told him to pull over... Then ***** slap his stupid punk *** for being a moron and a danger on roadways..

I have a sticker on my GSX that says "Speed kills, Drive a Honda and live forever!" They hate that...
Old May 30, 2003, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

It has nothing to do with it being a Honda. Put away your silly stereotypes.

Well, if you were originally behind him....he probably thought you were tailgaiting him. And once you passed him, you likely didn;t keep up your speed. So to him it seemed like you were tailgaiting him, then passed him, but slowed down to "mess" with him.

One very effective way of dealing with tailgaiters is slamming on your brakes. It "helps" them realize they are following too close.

But it is likely that the guy in the civic also has a rage problem. You don't want to mess with those kinds of folks. They are very likely to do stupid and dangerous things to get their point across.....

SC~
Old May 30, 2003, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

some redneck in a mustang did that to me a few weeks back... except it was raining... and it was rush hour on I-95... surprised he didnt cause a pileup.. then he proceeded to follow me to the next light, got out of his car and tell me i need to be careful how i drive my little car... i never raced him, or even changed lanes near him... i still dont know what the hell was wrong w/ him.

good thing the evo can out stop most cars...
Old May 30, 2003, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

That stupid bastard in that Civic is gonna get shot some day by messing with the wrong person.
Old May 30, 2003, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

I had some ***** riding my *** when I was going down the Dallas tollway. I was doing 85mph and she wouldn't back off so I nailed the brakes and she almost hit my bumper on my truck. The look on her face was classic. She tried to get in front of me to do the same thing to me but I blocked her ***.
Old May 30, 2003, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

The only thing I can say, Coolguy949, is that you make very poor decisions while driving and you'll probably deserve whatever happens in the future.
Old May 30, 2003, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by Volkmann
I had some ***** riding my *** when I was going down the Dallas tollway. I was doing 85mph and she wouldn't back off so I nailed the brakes and she almost hit my bumper on my truck. The look on her face was classic. She tried to get in front of me to do the same thing to me but I blocked her ***.
Wow! That was so smart of you! You're a dumbass! Were you in the far left lane? If so, you should've moved your *** over so she could pass. Considering that I use the Dallas Tollway everyday you're one of those inconsiderate drivers I ***** about. Please do us a favor and use the side roads.

You did two things...1) backed up the tollroad by going too "slow" 2) could've caused an accident which would've slowed down the tollway to a snail's pace.

Please grow up if you think nearly causing an accident teaches someone a lesson.
Old May 30, 2003, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Seņor Info
The only thing I can say, Coolguy949, is that you make very poor decisions while driving and you'll probably deserve whatever happens in the future.
Old May 30, 2003, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evoorsti

Wow! That was so smart of you! You're a dumbass! Were you in the far left lane? If so, you should've moved your *** over so she could pass. Considering that I use the Dallas Tollway everyday you're one of those inconsiderate drivers I ***** about. Please do us a favor and use the side roads.

You did two things...1) backed up the tollroad by going too "slow" 2) could've caused an accident which would've slowed down the tollway to a snail's pace.

Please grow up if you think nearly causing an accident teaches someone a lesson.

I agree people should move over when they see a faster car coming from behind, but 85mph is far from "slow". That bizitch should not have been tailgating either.
Old May 30, 2003, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

I dunno...maybe I'm starting to get old. But...I've been running into the occasional idiot every now and then on the road. If the road is open and their aren't any other cars around which pose a danger....then I usually open up the EVO. Someone in CT with a 5.0 mustang definitely knows the feeling of what its like getting smoked by a stock EVO now.

But usually....if the roads are even just a bit congested. I dont even bother anymore and just let people pass me. I've been in enough car accidents in my past and I've been to court WAY too many times. I finally pay a decent premium for insurance...I'd like to keep it that way

Street racing can be VERY costly. For the amount of money I've lost due to my stupidity....I could of easily have paid for a track membership somewhere for years and have money left over for repairs and mods to my cars.

Just my 2 cents..
Old May 30, 2003, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

everyone knows Evo's are fast....
...no need to prove that to a civic...
just cruise and relax....
*drive safe...
Old May 30, 2003, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by EVOM3

I agree people should move over when they see a faster car coming from behind, but 85mph is far from "slow". That bizitch should not have been tailgating either.

Yah, I was exaggerating when I said slow. However, that's what the left lanes for...for passing, which usually means cars moving faster than the flow of traffic. Everyone around here travels at 70mph+. 85mph is about average for me on the freeway. When I'm on my bike, I'm usually doing 100mph-115mph avg. And that's on the tollway. Of course, traffic permitting that is.