Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Quick Way to Remove MBC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Way to Remove MBC

Well, luckily I bought a BR330 which comes "modified" with Buschur Racing parts from the factory... because of that i have the mods I have and my warranty is still 100% intact as they are lenient as long as I go to the dealer who sold it originally(35 minutes away; worth it for the warranty).

One thing I am concerned with those is the Powertrain warranty only because one thing the previous owner had on the car was a MBC... and that didn't come with the BR330 kit. Because of that, if I ever have a PT problem, I'd like to take it off before I take it to the dealer. Now, the previous owner had the car in there WITH the MBC on the car but it was only something in the interior that they were fixing...nothing powertrain.

So my question for you guys is: what is the easiest way to remove the MBC. I understand how it was installed and how it is currently hooked up, but I will I really need to find hoses/T's or buy the stock hose setup from somewhere or is there a quicker way to temporarily remove it without damaging things? It's all underhood with no inside adjustment knobs.. I know you guys can't 100% judge without seeing it or having accurate pictures but you all know the basic setup and it was installed by Buschur Racing so it's done correctly.

Not to mention this will help anyone who likes their warranty....
Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
take off the mbc, install the hoses to the stock selenoid...and that more then likely will be the extent of their inspection depending on the problem. without the pills in the lines however, you will be running on wastegate pressure... about 14psi, but that isnt a problem if you are just taking it to the dealership.