Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mustang just got pulled over trying to race me

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang just got pulled over trying to race me

I was sitting at a light where there is a long flat smooth straight away in harriman NY. This kid pulls up to me, gives me a smile and starts to blip his throttle.I had no intentions of racing him. The light turns green and he goes smoking his tires away. I took off like an old lady. As soon as he hit second gear i see a State trooper come flying out of the gas station were the light was.He was obviousely hiding there as i didnt see him.I,m sure he was waiting for us to go at it. Buy the time i got up to the mustang the trooper was pulling him over and all i could see was this kid holding his head. BTW i would have destroyed that mustang!
Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:54 PM
TVA
Evolving Member

Haha! Serves him right. Street racing FTL.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny23
I was sitting at a light where there is a long flat smooth straight away in harriman NY. This kid pulls up to me, gives me a smile and starts to blip his throttle.I had no intentions of racing him. The light turns green and he goes smoking his tires away. I took off like an old lady. As soon as he hit second gear i see a State trooper come flying out of the gas station were the light was.He was obviousely hiding there as i didnt see him.I,m sure he was waiting for us to go at it. Buy the time i got up to the mustang the trooper was pulling him over and all i could see was this kid holding his head. BTW i would have destroyed that mustang!
I am surprised the trooper didnt pull you over too thinking you were trying to race. I know you took off slow but it is all about cops perception. Nice will power by the way
Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol...owned
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
way to hold off!
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
I am surprised the trooper didnt pull you over too thinking you were trying to race. I know you took off slow but it is all about cops perception. Nice will power by the way
Really has nothing to do with will power. I value my license too much. I,m sure the trooper could see i wasnt going to race him.That light is a hot spot for racing as it goes close to a qrt. mile (2 lane) before it starts to bank to the right.The whole road is smooth and two lanes for miles before you have to slow down for anything.I,m going to be 50 in may. My street racing days have been over for a while now.

Last edited by Danny23; Feb 24, 2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Lucky you didn't do anything.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

HAHAH thats great!!! Ignorance is truly bliss, flexing on an evo from a dig HAHAHAH

Last edited by PhoenixEvo; Feb 24, 2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Nice to see an adult evo owner using his brains. Don't get me wrong, I like to get on it sometimes but only when it's just me on the road. You never know what the other driver will do if you race him and it's best to play it safe and smart and not race at all.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:13 PM

To be fair, you did win the race.. after all, I bet that ticket took at least 10 minutes to write.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:21 PM

EVO owned
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by savaho
Nice to see an adult evo owner using his brains. Don't get me wrong, I like to get on it sometimes but only when it's just me on the road. You never know what the other driver will do if you race him and it's best to play it safe and smart and not race at all.
I get on the car a lot myself. But like you say when its just me on the road.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Danny23

sucks to be the kid in the Ford
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yess, pricesless maturity, the same exact thing happened to me at the light a while back, some kid in a honda with a monster widebody kit riveted on and a super fart can pulled up next to me and was bouncing off his rev limiter... the only thought going through my head was man.. is this guy serious? I just laughed at him and shook my head, and turned right into the gas station, but the funny thing is like TeStUdO said, a local cop pulls into the gas station right behind me and asks me is that my car pointing to my ww 8 and I was like yes.. he said there were "reports" of a car that matches my vehicles description "racing" through town, how pitiful, I remained respectful and listened to his ignorance for a while and all was well, man I'm glad I didn't waste that honda...
Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

good move... we all know that the mustang would got beat down.. thats all that matters

Quick Reply: Mustang just got pulled over trying to race me