Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

you're not gonna believe this

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow im def. sorry to hear that..... that gets me pretty mad actually, excuse u for being sent outta the country. it KINDA sorta makes a tiny bit of sense that there would be no coverage, but a total void??? thats effing crazy! there should definatly be an exception for your case.. defffinnaatly

Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

well if you're in the USAF, just conveniently "miss a target" during a routine practice mission, aimed directly at your local Mitsu dealer. . .oops. . .!!

I would NEVER tell them MORE than they need to know, and since you'll service your US Based EVO in the US, no need to tell them where it's been, they have NO RECORDS of its importation/exportation beyond when the dealer first gets it. . .unless they REALLY are that keen on dicking you over (or unless they find sea salt damage/corrosion, something only caused by shipping a car on a rig for a month or something). . ..good luck man and thanks for serving our country. . .
Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Whatever you do...DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO A DEALER OVER SEAS! Reason is, if the lady was right, then it will show in your VIN search that the car was overseas. When you come back, act surprised and say, "Sorry, wrong guy....I was never overseas!?!?!"
Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for that. I had thought about the salt corrosion but there isn't a spec of corrosion on the car that have seen. There has to be some way around this. I cant see the sheer number of service members getting stationed all over to world getting their warranties voided if they bring their Mitsu vehicle along.

BTW it'd be more like, oops that pretty Evo just got blown up!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:43 AM

Guys and girls....just realize that this happens to almost all car companies, not just Mitsubishi, when a car is taken out of the United States.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

If you would like I could check on the Mitsu Super Screen to see if your warranty was in fact voided. I doubt it was voided.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kimletrim
Guys and girls....just realize that this happens to almost all car companies, not just Mitsubishi, when a car is taken out of the United States.

Lets see, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Subaru, Nissan and Honda don't permanently void your warranty when you are stationed overseas. They all state "no warranty coverage" (except Honda, they warranty the cars here no problem). I'm still calling more of my fellow service members with other car brands to check on this as well. Not only that, any American made car can get warranty work here (or nearly anywhere we can get stationed) no problem!
After speaking with several of my local friends they can travel all over Europe w/o getting their warranty voided. That covers nearly every auto manufacture.. but yeah, I guess "almost all car companies" are like that.

Are you employed by Mitsubishi by chance?

Last edited by Bonestock!; Mar 6, 2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RiversideMitsu
If you would like I could check on the Mitsu Super Screen to see if your warranty was in fact voided. I doubt it was voided.

Yeah I am gonna call a Mitsu dealer in a few weeks to find out for sure as well. If so, I'll be trading it in to a non-mitsu dealer as soon as we get back. That sucks because I really wanted an Evo for the longest time.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
Lets see, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Subaru, Nissan and Honda don't permanently void your warranty when you are stationed overseas. They all state "no warranty coverage" (except Honda, they warranty the cars here no problem). I'm still calling more of my fellow service members with other car brands to check on this as well. Not only that, any American made car can get warranty work here (or nearly anywhere we can get stationed) no problem!
After speaking with several of my local friends they can travel all over Europe w/o getting their warranty voided. That covers nearly every auto manufacture.. but yeah, I guess "almost all car companies" are like that.

Are you employed by Mitsubishi by chance?

Not at all.

Although I do feel for your situation, I suppose I am playing the 's advocate. Best of luck. Hopefully you won't need to bring it in for warranty service in the first place.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I am gonna call a Mitsu dealer in a few weeks to find out for sure as well. If so, I'll be trading it in to a non-mitsu dealer as soon as we get back. That sucks because I really wanted an Evo for the longest time.
I just need the last 8 of your vin to check for you. It takes like 2 seconds
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fricci4993
Whatever you do...DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO A DEALER OVER SEAS! Reason is, if the lady was right, then it will show in your VIN search that the car was overseas. When you come back, act surprised and say, "Sorry, wrong guy....I was never overseas!?!?!"
Exactly... just wait until you get home. She's an idiot...

Just take right to the dealer because there's no way for them to prove anything from a phone call.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kimletrim
Not at all.

Although I do feel for your situation, I suppose I am playing the 's advocate. Best of luck. Hopefully you won't need to bring it in for warranty service in the first place.
Why would you do that? Do you think I havent had enough grief today? I mean, honestly?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RiversideMitsu
I just need the last 8 of your vin to check for you. It takes like 2 seconds

you're messing with me arent ya dealer man? I'm thinking a totally anonymous phone call to a random dealer.....
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

you're messing with me arent ya dealer man? I'm thinking a totally anonymous phone call to a random dealer.....
I'm NOT messing with you... I will check for you in a matter of 1 min. Also I don't think it would be a good idea for me to BURN people on here being that im a vendor A anonymous phone call will still give that dealer your info the second you give him your vin to check for you.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:18 AM
TVA
Evolving Member

Read up. As long as in your warranty contract only states coverage will not be honored, your warranty should/could not be voided.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm

Quick Reply: you're not gonna believe this