Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

you're not gonna believe this

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats BS!!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

sounds to me like the lady you spoke to didnt know what she was talking about...typical dealer/mitsu representative
Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
This thread will probably get moved but I had to post where everyone could see it.

I just called Mitsubishi about the problems I am having with my 8k mile Evo. I explain the to the lady that we are stationed overseas with the USAF. Since I probably wont have any warranty coverage here I'd like it to be noted that I am having a 5th gear grind and my rear spoiler is getting white spots.

The lady puts me on hold and comes back with the following:

I am sorry to inform you that you no longer have ANY WARRANTY what so ever! Eh???? If the car leaves US soil at any time, your warranty is VOID. Unless you take it to Canada (what?). I asked the lady are you sure you don't mean any warranty COVERAGE? She puts me back on hold. She picks back up and said, No, your warranty is now void.

I totally don't know what to do at this point. Every Military member that gets stationed overseas and takes their Mitsu car with them is in for a big surprise. I honestly cant see how this is even remotely legal. So basically I just screwed myself by calling them.

I am going to base legal to see if I have any means of recourse. I cant believe I now now have a 30k paper weight if anything big goes wrong.

Way to support your US Military customers, Mitsubishi.

Just as a reference, Subaru told me I wouldn't have any warranty coverage while we where stationed here but our warranty would resume once we PCS'd back to the USA.
What kind of situation is the grind in the 5th gear? Speed? High rev?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RiversideMitsu
Muhaha its to do with the monkey in my trunk! :P... btw the claims you see are unrelated to the parts I have installed. I had my spoiler and a 4 wheel alignment performed on my vehicle. Having exhuast and cams installed in my vehicle isnt going to cause my carbon fiber to fade is it?

Yea, but people had their warranties voided when they would come in for a damn oil change, and unrelated claims too. is known to void your warranty even if you're coming in to buy some accessories
Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

I get warranty work in Canada if needed. Though I don't feel very comfortable with the thought of taking my car in for service.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RiversideMitsu
Having exhuast and cams installed in my vehicle isnt going to cause my carbon fiber to fade is it?

nope but having an exhaust and cams made my tcase break..
according to mitsu..
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

law suit
Old Mar 7, 2007, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CT9AEvolution8
What kind of situation is the grind in the 5th gear? Speed? High rev?
Anytime you shift the car faster than you would if you had a full cup of coffee with no lid in the cup holder. Seriously, you have to super granny it to avoid grinding. If you take it out of 5th into neutral and try to put it back in 5th, it sounds like the tranny is going to explode.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolution[OH]
And by looking at you sig., how the heck do you still have warranty with cams, TBE and so on??????????
All depends on the dealership. Even with my Twin Disc and old mods in my sig Ive gotten warranty work several times including my 3rd and 4th gear syncros replaced.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

id chew their asses out , when you get back if i were you. sounds like a buncha bull****
Old Mar 7, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

technically its ON US SOIL.
That was the first thing I thought of, looks like you're still ok from reading the thread though

Originally Posted by mtwnind.
nope but having an exhaust and cams made my tcase break..
according to mitsu..
My dealer works with Turbotrix so they don't mind some mods But I don't have any
Old Mar 7, 2007, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

This thread will probably get moved but I had to post where everyone could see it.

I just called Mitsubishi about the problems I am having with my 8k mile Evo. I explain the to the lady that we are stationed overseas with the USAF. Since I probably wont have any warranty coverage here I'd like it to be noted that I am having a 5th gear grind and my rear spoiler is getting white spots.

The lady puts me on hold and comes back with the following:

I am sorry to inform you that you no longer have ANY WARRANTY what so ever! Eh???? If the car leaves US soil at any time, your warranty is VOID. Unless you take it to Canada (what?). I asked the lady are you sure you don't mean any warranty COVERAGE? She puts me back on hold. She picks back up and said, No, your warranty is now void.

I totally don't know what to do at this point. Every Military member that gets stationed overseas and takes their Mitsu car with them is in for a big surprise. I honestly cant see how this is even remotely legal. So basically I just screwed myself by calling them.

I am going to base legal to see if I have any means of recourse. I cant believe I now now have a 30k paper weight if anything big goes wrong.

Way to support your US Military customers, Mitsubishi.

Just as a reference, Subaru told me I wouldn't have any warranty coverage while we where stationed here but our warranty would resume once we PCS'd back to the USA.

that sucks like hell!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 02:58 PM

that sucks man
Old Mar 7, 2007, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck with your warranty. If it turns out you ARE screwed, and have no warranty, it will be time to change your EvoM name, haha
Old Mar 7, 2007, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

call a different dealer maybe once you get back into the states.

Quick Reply: you're not gonna believe this