Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

you're not gonna believe this

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bonestock!
This thread will probably get moved but I had to post where everyone could see it.

I just called Mitsubishi about the problems I am having with my 8k mile Evo. I explain the to the lady that we are stationed overseas with the USAF. Since I probably wont have any warranty coverage here I'd like it to be noted that I am having a 5th gear grind and my rear spoiler is getting white spots.

The lady puts me on hold and comes back with the following:

I am sorry to inform you that you no longer have ANY WARRANTY what so ever! Eh???? If the car leaves US soil at any time, your warranty is VOID. Unless you take it to Canada (what?). I asked the lady are you sure you don't mean any warranty COVERAGE? She puts me back on hold. She picks back up and said, No, your warranty is now void.

I totally don't know what to do at this point. Every Military member that gets stationed overseas and takes their Mitsu car with them is in for a big surprise. I honestly cant see how this is even remotely legal. So basically I just screwed myself by calling them.

I am going to base legal to see if I have any means of recourse. I cant believe I now now have a 30k paper weight if anything big goes wrong.

Way to support your US Military customers, Mitsubishi.

Just as a reference, Subaru told me I wouldn't have any warranty coverage while we where stationed here but our warranty would resume once we PCS'd back to the USA.
You might want to double check with another Mitsu rep. My friend is over in Ramstein right now with a STI, and they said he would either have to file it with Subaru of Europe/Germany whatever or he can send the receipt to Subaru of America in NJ to get reinbursed. That was the way it worked for my old Honda when I was stationed over there. I don't see why Mitsu would be any different
Old Mar 8, 2007, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks like it isnt at this time but if they did void it, I will trade the car in and get my wife a new car. I'll just wait for the X or a G35 or a STi or a ... LOL I'll never decide!