Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

you're not gonna believe this

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation you're not gonna believe this

This thread will probably get moved but I had to post where everyone could see it.

I just called Mitsubishi about the problems I am having with my 8k mile Evo. I explain the to the lady that we are stationed overseas with the USAF. Since I probably wont have any warranty coverage here I'd like it to be noted that I am having a 5th gear grind and my rear spoiler is getting white spots.

The lady puts me on hold and comes back with the following:

I am sorry to inform you that you no longer have ANY WARRANTY what so ever! Eh???? If the car leaves US soil at any time, your warranty is VOID. Unless you take it to Canada (what?). I asked the lady are you sure you don't mean any warranty COVERAGE? She puts me back on hold. She picks back up and said, No, your warranty is now void.

I totally don't know what to do at this point. Every Military member that gets stationed overseas and takes their Mitsu car with them is in for a big surprise. I honestly cant see how this is even remotely legal. So basically I just screwed myself by calling them.

I am going to base legal to see if I have any means of recourse. I cant believe I now now have a 30k paper weight if anything big goes wrong.

Way to support your US Military customers, Mitsubishi.

Just as a reference, Subaru told me I wouldn't have any warranty coverage while we where stationed here but our warranty would resume once we PCS'd back to the USA.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
How long until you are back stateside? I would just take it to a dealer then and say you were never overseas. They wont know.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

6 months and the lady said its been filed since I had to give them my VIN # at the beginning of the conversation. I honestly dont know what I am gonna do.

I think I am gonna wait a few weeks and then just call a random Mitsu dealer and have them run the VIN like you should do if you are buying a used car to verify the warranty is still intact.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
How long until you are back stateside? I would just take it to a dealer then and say you were never overseas. They wont know.
Seriously, she wouldn't even know what she's talking about.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

thats total bullsh!t! i dont know did you call your dealership? when you get stateside u should try another dealership
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i think the warranty is world wide. You have to go the mitshubishi dealer where you located.
i'm sure if you are in europa you covered. It's defenietly true for hungary, so if its good there, then any europian country should be the same.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daniel_4g63
thats total bullsh!t! i dont know did you call your dealership? when you get stateside u should try another dealership
No I called Mitsu USA to try and figure out what could be done about the problems I am having. I called a local UK dealer about it and (here is the kick to the nuts) they said they have on occasion repaired US service members cars under warranty and that I needed to call Mitsu USA first.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

I thought i read somewhere that the U.S is the only country that even offers a warranty with the evo.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i don't know about UK...
they still do not have euro's. UK is strange buisness wise.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:35 AM

Read your warranty contract!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

actually they even have a warranty on the fq400, or 380, or whatever it is called now.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

That is B.S. Just take them to court like everbody else. Firtst time they say something like that to me they are in for a big surprise.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bigl4201
I thought i read somewhere that the U.S is the only country that even offers a warranty with the evo.
In Germany you get a 3 year warranty.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kimletrim
Read your warranty contract!

I did. It clearly states if you are out of the USA its possessions or Canada you will not have WARRANTY COVERAGE. No where does it state your warranty will be permanently (or otherwise) VOIDED! My car is still registered in the USA (also noted in the warranty booklet) and technically its ON US SOIL.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Just wait till you get back here in the US.

Quick Reply: you're not gonna believe this