Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

got my car dyno'ed finally at Spring Fling

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my car dyno'ed finally at Spring Fling

so i went to Spring Fling in Panama City today. i waited 5 hours to get my car on the dyno out there. it was on a dyno jet and the results were nothing to be proud of. i don't know if i should be mad at my car or the guy that drove it up there. when he went to pull it up on the rollers he burnt the clutch (his only job was to drive the cars on the dyno...no clue how the hell he did this), smoke came out from under the car and the smell was in the air. they then strapped it down and started the 3 pulls and the clutch didn't have enough time to cool down. i could smell the clutch after every pull. i'm assuming it is part of the reason of my horrific numbers. here is the graph from the first and best pull.

all is fine now. the car was parked for about an hour and i left. on the way home did a few pulls and the clutch didn't slip at all.

cliff notes....5 hours of waiting in line+$40=depressing
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
maybe you should complain about the way they did it
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:43 PM
Former Sponsor

wow that is horrible, sorry to hear and you should def. do some research on where to get your car dynoed/tuned etc.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

there are no awd dynos close to where i live. this car show was about an hour away from my house. this was a trailored in dyno jet just for the car show.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

dang that sucks man are u still in town i live in this gof for saken place. I had a few friends their Valhalla Racing and Driven2modify crew congrats on the numbers.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jhanksevo
dang that sucks man are u still in town i live in this gof for saken place. I had a few friends their Valhalla Racing and Driven2modify crew congrats on the numbers.
no i'm back in mary esther now. i've got some friends still down there though. they went to the races. i got a little flyer from one of the guys in Driven2modify....that was before my suck *** numbers
Old Mar 11, 2007, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
Old Mar 11, 2007, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

damn dude for the mods, you got yourself a weak *** IX You should go to a shop instead.. cuz maybe that dyno is F** Up.. the graph isn't that much smooth afte all..
Old Mar 11, 2007, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

i was thinking about it a little more today and i think that it might have been a low reading dyno jet. don't most stock IX's run about 250awhp on most dyno jets? because the stock IX out there only got 230awhp. either way that would still only stick me at around 310awhp and 330awtq. it's still disappointing for my mods and after seeing an srt4 pull roughly 360whp

Last edited by nic411; Mar 11, 2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

i have no idea where mary ester florida is, but if you come down to the Miami area there are a couple of AWD dynos down here, not only that i believe out in orlando, they have one also. id check it out. also just a side not dont go on those quaker state trailer dynos. their nothing but ****.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

mary esther is basically fort walton beach.....bout an hour west of panama city. i've heard that there is an awd dyno somewhere kind of close in alabama, not exactly sure where. the closest one that i know if is CFT, but thats 6 hours away.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nic411
mary esther is basically fort walton beach.....bout an hour west of panama city. i've heard that there is an awd dyno somewhere kind of close in alabama, not exactly sure where. the closest one that i know if is CFT, but thats 6 hours away.
come down to miami, theres fyne tune, twilight and another one i heard of. they should know what to do and the right way
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
come down to miami, theres fyne tune, twilight and another one i heard of. they should know what to do and the right way
that would be a long drive just for a dyno lol.....
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SLVR_Bullet
that would be a long drive just for a dyno lol.....
hell yeah that's a long way. next time i dyno will probably be at CFT. not really even a big fan of dynos though. there are too many variables between the different dynos and the calibration. i just want one number that i'm happy with
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nic411
hell yeah that's a long way. next time i dyno will probably be at CFT. not really even a big fan of dynos though. there are too many variables between the different dynos and the calibration. i just want one number that i'm happy with
we should log your car and see what dataloglab says compared to the dyno jet......

Quick Reply: got my car dyno'ed finally at Spring Fling