Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

---- Semi Trucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate those dam semi trucks...best of luck to ya..
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
My brother in-law had his jeep totalled because of a flying truck tire. It nailed the windshield, the firefighters were pretty surprised he was alive let alone fine save for a cut to the face.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:37 PM

How they survived so misguided is a mystery.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:37 PM

thank god for insurance
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution[OH]
Sucks man.....

So tell us are you going with insurance? if yes, how much is deductable, I don't think they will believe you if you tell your story without a police report
Yes I am claiming it on insurance, my deductable is 250. I didn't do a police report cause I just wanted to go home, didn't want to wait out there for them (it was like 130am)
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone have any thoughts on aftermarket fmic's for me? That won't be lagtastic?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I despise semis. I cracked 3 windshields on my VIII from them. I don't follow close, just have bad luck. One time a rock JUMPED OVER the car in front of me to crack my windshield.

Did I mention I hate Semis yet? Yep, I do.

I would just go back to another stock FMIC. I had the AMS standard with their lower IC on an VIII with cams, TME, tune, etc, and gained only 1whp and lost 300rpm of spool.

You can find another stock one on here cheap. Plus they fit substantially better.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
How did you loose THAT much spoolup? Especially with an AMS FMIC of all things?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scoob2evo
Yes I am claiming it on insurance, my deductable is 250. I didn't do a police report cause I just wanted to go home, didn't want to wait out there for them (it was like 130am)
I'm glad you were not hurt.

1. You should always get a police report no matter what. It will provide evidence that it happened right at the spot of the accident and your insurance would look kindly on that.

2. The insurance is not going to let you buy aftermarket parts, they will have you get an estimate from a shop and then send one of their people out to see if the estimate is in line with theirs. They quote OEM parts only.

3. You could get after market parts if they cut you a check directly and that is the only way beleive me I have been through this a few times. A lot of companies send the money direct to the repair shop.

Good luck
Old Mar 12, 2007, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

only 1 whp with a different fmic?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

I figure if they are paying money to replace my fmic I shoudl replace it with a better one.... I am leaning towards AMS... thoughts?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks bro. Hey you get a different look though.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

well at least your safe....hopefully your insurance will cover it so it doesnt come out of pocket

I had a buddy who tried to avoid a dog in his Audi after if had been raining and ended up hitting the curb w/ his pass side rear...lots of damage. Broken wheel, bent everything and so on. Called up his insurance company and they fixed it no questions asked w/ no police report. I guess it might depend on your insurance company too, Id give them a call to see if they'll pay for it.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I came up behind a semi carrying a bunch of wood planks in the fast lane during rush hour the other day ( He was behind two other Semi's hauling the same thing). He kept swerving into the emergency lane and flinging up dirt/dust/rocks (I'm assuming he was trying to keep up to the other guys), I got out of the way and into the slow lane to hide behind a Civic and about 4 cars did the same thing after me. Sometimes I wonder what type of testing they have to go through to get their CDL's. I need to get my front end repainted. These cars should really come with 3M on the front bumper and hood.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

wow... so i almost got run off the road on 287 south last night!!! the fnckin semi didnt even know he was in 2 lanes for however long... i think he was gettin sleepy or something... but dam... they suck! thanks god i got cat-like reflexes when i drive.. lolz oh yea! i ended up throwing a poland spring water bottle out my sunroof at the focker...

Quick Reply: ---- Semi Trucks!!!