Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

---- Semi Trucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
speed governors and especially route recorders as u call it are already standard. u are just showing your ignorance on this matter. 99 percent of all trucks on the road contain a device called a qualcomm, which is a sat link to whomever needs to see it. it also records all kinds of info, allot like a black box.yes i have been to a truck stop in my time. i don't know where u like to hang out but there is a lot less drug activity in most truck stops then in ur average suburban area. different trucks carrying different weight with differing motors need different speeds to climb the same hill.diesel motors have a very small power and torque band, and if forced slow down and fall below that band the motor will bog, slowing the truck to a crawl and making even more trucks to have to pass him causing more traffic. they will as u say cut u off because most of the time there is a very small window to get over to pass usually caused by cars not allowing them to pass or speeding up to block him in. when u are approaching a truck that has momentum to climb the hill, he automatically assumes that u will not let him out and is forced to force u to slow for him because he already got blocked by countless cars before u. remember u can slow down and get back up to speed. if he slows down then he will be forced to slow all the way down to a crawl and never regain speed till the top of the hill all the while causing a way bigger problem than if he just passed the slower HEAVIER truck in the first place. but of course i cant make u understand, u already have ur opinions set and will discriminate at will. what if i said that all people that drive imports with wings are ricers who cant drive, are reckless and inconsiderate. that would not be fair would it. or anyone that has a ford truck is a redneck that sleeps with his sister. or anyone from jersey is a deago wap, driving a irock selling weed. a little unfair dont u think(and usually not true). think about your judgments and especially your drug accusations before vomiting words onto your keyboard.
Old May 2, 2007, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya dude... a year back.. a semi tire flew off at me ...luckily..it didn't hit me directly but instead it bounced under my car and knocked my my oil filter.. lost all oil pressure and needed new engine and turbo!!!! 16K miles on the clock
Old May 2, 2007, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WRC-GO
As for how our goods get here, etc., we've long ago in this country given up on sane rail transportation, and the coming dark age of petroleum scarcity will show us all the errors of those ways.
First of all, you are assuming that every store in America has a rail line right at their back door. How do you think the goods get from the railyard to the store? Magic??

Secondly, most rail engines run on petroleum so would you have them stop moving as well?
Old May 2, 2007, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
First of all, you are assuming that every store in America has a rail line right at their back door. How do you think the goods get from the railyard to the store? Magic??

Secondly, most rail engines run on petroleum so would you have them stop moving as well?
Another ignorant post. Study up on relative economies of different modes of transportation. Most modern rail systems run on electricity, which can be produced without much petroleum input. We also need to modernize our mass transportation (of people) system, desperately. Trucks have in important role in that "last leg" in sane systems, not as wholesale over-the-road operations. The wear and tear on our highways is 90 per cent from big trucks - and all those signs they sport about how much tax they pay doesn't begin to make it up, either.

As far as the safety aspects, if you and your trucker lobby friend who posts nothing but kudos for his good buddies don't see the problem with letting big rigs rule our interstates, I can't help you. Maybe when you lose someone close to you, it will begin to dawn that things are out of control in this country.

And to our trucker lobby friend, try explaining to a State Trooper that you need to run 85 down the next hill to keep your momentum up for the next uphill. Incredible justification process going there... And, oh, they don't let them do it in Italy, and the goods (those that don't move most of the way by train) arrive just fine at 55 or less, all the way to destination. If there were effective monitoring of truck speeds and unlawful behavior in this country, it would stop. Having a satlink or whatever just tells the big wig who's paying the chimp behind the wheel peanuts that his goods are going to be where they need to be on time - nothing about the law violations is monitored and acted upon.
Old May 2, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Another ignorant post. Study up on relative economies of different modes of transportation. Most modern rail systems run on electricity, which can be produced without much petroleum input. We also need to modernize our mass transportation (of people) system, desperately. Trucks have in important role in that "last leg" in sane systems, not as wholesale over-the-road operations. The wear and tear on our highways is 90 per cent from big trucks - and all those signs they sport about how much tax they pay doesn't begin to make it up, either.

As far as the safety aspects, if you and your trucker lobby friend who posts nothing but kudos for his good buddies don't see the problem with letting big rigs rule our interstates, I can't help you. Maybe when you lose someone close to you, it will begin to dawn that things are out of control in this country.

And to our trucker lobby friend, try explaining to a State Trooper that you need to run 85 down the next hill to keep your momentum up for the next uphill. Incredible justification process going there... And, oh, they don't let them do it in Italy, and the goods (those that don't move most of the way by train) arrive just fine at 55 or less, all the way to destination. If there were effective monitoring of truck speeds and unlawful behavior in this country, it would stop. Having a satlink or whatever just tells the big wig who's paying the chimp behind the wheel peanuts that his goods are going to be where they need to be on time - nothing about the law violations is monitored and acted upon.
Guess again there high speed. Most trains run on diesel fuel. Granted they are more fuel efficient than semis, but nevertheless they still run on diesel. Where did you pull that fanciful fact from, your ****? I have never claimed to be on the side of truckers. I for one can not stand them, but as I previously wrote (if you would have bothered to read) I find them a necessary evil. Do I think they should be bettered governed? Hell yes! Do I think they should obey the speed limit? Hell yes! Do I think they are a major burden on the highways? Another hell yes! But are they necessary? Definitely! I have also been on the receiving end of a semi kicking up road debris and damaging my car. Granted I have never had someone close to me die from a semi-involved accident and I am sorry for you having to undergo that.
Old May 2, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

u are wrong once again my hate mongering friend,the tracking device as u call it does monitor everything from throttle position to speed to braking force to how many times brakes were applied to gear to running time and so on. it is used by the police and DOT to enforce regulations. hours of service is tracked and DOT does keep that on a tight leash. people die every day from accidents. most are not semi related. trucks make up only 20 percent of this country's traffic but contribute to less than 1 percent of the deaths on the road. our 20 percent also pays over 90 percent of all DOT income. look it up those are facts. i do agree that it is not right for a truck to run 85 or more to make momentum that is dangerous and stupid. i don't believe trucks should run that fast at all but 55 in the usa is too low. ma bee in city's or windy roads or places where it isn't safe to do so,but out in the middle of nowhere on a straight stretch of road 65 70 is fine. ooh they already do that. most city's restrict trucks to 55 in the right two lanes. the left of those two is for passing. and if caught doing otherwise than the truck will get pulled over. how many cars do u see don't even know that the left lane is for passing only? most will get in the left lane and run it no matter their speed. in Italy how many cars do u see just cruising in the left lane and forcing other cars to pass on the right? maybe if cars give a little more respect to trucks and not ***** them over at every turn, then the trucks might respect the cars a little more and trust that they will not slam on the brakes in front of them for no reason or swerve thrue 3 lanes in front of 2 trucks because they almost missed their exit while trying to pass 1 more evil trucker. why because they would rather save 3 seconds and put peoples life at risk for those 3 seconds than wait those three sec for their turn and not kill people. i have never been cut off by a truck because i give them their space and let them over when they need it and am patient. hell i drive an evo, if i slow for a truck and lose 3 sec or more then i can get right back where i was fairly quickly. i don't pass them on the right. most are very courteous to me because they respect the courtesy that i give them. u are very ill informed and really don't know what u are talking about besides what u see on the highway on your own which is very bias at that, so when a truck is doing a good job and being courteous then u don't see it. i know guys like u. they hate certain things and no matter how obvious u make it they don't see thrue there closed minded hatred. it makes them feel better about how crappy of a person they are to hate on others. those people are the real down fall of our country, they spread there hate to other sheep around them and it gets us nowhere as a society. those kinda people should just die maybe by a aids ridden trucker in a rest area somewhere.

what i am saying is trucks are not the bulk of the problem. it is bad drivers as a whole and our way of passing out drivers licenses to anyone with a head. and our lack of respect as a country. it was not the regulations in Italy that helped, it was the respect and courteousness of the people there. try to be a nice guy and be a little patient and see where that goes. but we all know u are incapable of doing that.

Last edited by spdrcr456; May 3, 2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old May 2, 2007, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't know why this guy is trying to argue about the economy... Not going to get anywhere...

Most of us have gotten some sort of damage to our cars from Big Rigs. Moral of the story is, you have got to give respect to receive it. Stay back at a safe distance from the big trucks. Problem solved.
Old May 2, 2007, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Lol. But thats too easy. U know if u tailgate u get there faster.
Old May 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by spdrcr456
Lol. But thats too easy. U know if u tailgate u get there faster.
Of course I knew that. What kind of driver do you think I am? F-everyone else, its all about me.