Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo insurance vs C6 Z06 and BMW 335i

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:48 PM
G20
Evolved Member

That's ridiculous. I'm living in SoCal and my 6-month insured for both evos, 03 and 05 MR, are $380 and $410 with Ameriprise. Before with Allstate, it was a little higher like $400 and $450 if I recalled correctly. Shop around may get you better prices.
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

well it also depends on how long you have been driving and your record i know it was also based on your zip in cali anyways and thats changed too
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

That might also depend on your zip code, here in Tucson being close to Mexico(45 minutes) you pay a price for being so close to the border.. Perhaps Orange county is a safer place.. .

my .2c

Carlos
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

eh we have alot of school here in OC and Mercury was infamous for butt raping you cause you live near one
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Well I have one accident on record and it was very Minor. I back into some one in a parking lot in my truck and put a dent in the fender of a car. Other than that I have no tickets, am 20 years old and my parents both have clean records. Don't know why my insurance is so high and I have looked for cheaper insurance and it is way cheaper to stay with my parents. Until I am 21.
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

My insurance on the Evo and my F-150 is about $110 a month 100/300 uninsured/underinsured with $500 ded and I live 10 min from TJ. I have a clean *** record though. I am almost 34 and I have had 2 tickets in my life. (Keeping fingers crossed) Wife costs twice as much as mine.
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

I just saved $50/month by asking for a better quote with progressive during renewal. Now I only pay $186/month. I have two speeding tickets on my record which will drop off in two months and i'll be 25 by then too (can't wait to see how much I save after that!).
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 11:39 PM

Reason for this - Fast & Furious. No joke.
As someone else here said, my '04 M3 was as much as this '06 Evo. My '04 Cobra is cheaper than the Evo as well.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

cause its domestic anything to try keep us from buying imports ITS A CONSPIRACY haha
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 02:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I am still trying to make logical sense to the fact that the Evo has the highest insurance rate of the 3 for my insurance company(USAA)

You would think that a car with:
4 doors..
4 cylinder..
the lowest price tag..
and the lowest displacement .. should be the cheapest right?

Well, apparently no. I hunted for cars last week, I test drove a 07 C6 Z06 with a price tag of about $75000 after the taxes, my insurance quoted me lower than the Evo 8 MR. I gave the insurance company the full VIN but still the Evo was more expensive.

The vette cost twice as much as the Evo
it is a truly coupe
and it has 8 cylinders with big displacement

I also got quoted for the BMW 335i which cost $48Gs(custom made with options) and some change after taxes and again it was cheaper despite being a:

coupe
having 6 cylinders
having a much higher market value

My Evo 8 MR was after all a 2.5 year old car so is not like when it was new which cost $38k out of the door.

Many people might not realize it but having a Evo comes with the "package" of high risk insurance factor I guess..

Carlos

Carlos

It is sad but true. My 07 Z06 just came in and the insurance on it is less than my Evo and less than my SS Trailblazer. Go figure that one When I called my insurance agent to tell her the car was in and I needed to get some quotes she comes back with the $$'s and I'm like ARE YOU SURE about these numbers.

I don't know why the Evo is so high and she could not give me a reason. Of course I'm not going to argue with that one. I'm happy about the price. I was expecting it would be like almost double the amount I'm paying.

Who is your insurance company? Mine is Progressive.

BTW I have added about 35k to the Evo to cover the mods which a lot of people didn't know they could do and the price of my insurance droped like
$ 8.00 lol. That dosen't make sence either. Oh well I'm not complaining.

Frank

Last edited by WhtEvo05; Mar 13, 2007 at 02:11 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 04:54 AM

I know what you are talking about with thte insurance companies jacking money from us. i am 21 only have 2 minor speeding tickets and my insurance is 500 a month, it was 300 when i was on my dad's policy, but then my insurance scompany sayed i was to young and it was to high performance to be on the plan that i was on. I started to shop around and i cant seem to find anyone to insure me for less than 450 a month.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

Let me start by saying, DONT TRADE YOUR EVO FOR A VETTE!!! I sold my evo in december for a 2003 z06....I have never hated a car like the vette, it is just a cavalier wrapped in a nice fiberglass/plastic package. Stay with the evo, I am trying to buy mine back asap!!!

Ins for me was 300 cheaper every six months than the evo, my insurance company takes into consideration the general population of the corvette driver...9/10 is an old man...for the evo it would be 9/10 is a young person...

Evo is worth every penny and more....

-Large
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 05:32 AM

I believe it's all about demographics. My C5 is cheaper to insure than my evo. When I asked why I was told the average age for a vette owner was, and I don't remember exactly, in the lower 50's with an above average income.

I'm sure it's quite different for the evo owner profile. That was some of the critereia I was told they use to determine pricing.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

From: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
That is crazy dude.. how many speeding tickets do you have?

Carlos
None i have a perfect record never had a ticket in my life, except all my campus parking tickets but those don;t count

I don't think being 19 helps though
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by skywestseth
Let me start by saying, DONT TRADE YOUR EVO FOR A VETTE!!! I sold my evo in december for a 2003 z06....I have never hated a car like the vette, it is just a cavalier wrapped in a nice fiberglass/plastic package. Stay with the evo, I am trying to buy mine back asap!!!

Ins for me was 300 cheaper every six months than the evo, my insurance company takes into consideration the general population of the corvette driver...9/10 is an old man...for the evo it would be 9/10 is a young person...

Evo is worth every penny and more....

-Large
C6 Zo6 is in a different league buddy. I would love to have one as a nice weather monster. Congrats Carlos on the 335i. My girl is heavily contemplating one and I am trying to give her all the support I can.

Quick Reply: Evo insurance vs C6 Z06 and BMW 335i