Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo insurance vs C6 Z06 and BMW 335i

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
WRX to Evo.

Its all about how many cars are stolen and wrecked in your zip code, your driving history,and how many evo;s nationwide that have been broken into, stolen, and wrecked.

Since it seems like theres a thread on here every other day, about some spoiled rich kid whos parents bought him an evo, and he got reckless because he knows absolutely nothing about responsibility, and destroyed it. Or all the kids who get a bajillion speeding tickets in their evos.

PLUS the fact you live in Tucson..which is like a hour form the border. In a car thats stolen with a higher regularity than some Hondas now adays. Insurance is a *****, and a ripoff
Yeah, don't you love that: " Hey guys! I just got an Evo, I'm 16 and have no credit and about $40 to my name. I'm going to be an autocross champion, but first I need to practice on I-95!!! " [ Four Hours Pass ]

" Hey. . . . I just wrecked my ****ing car... Some ***hole slammed his brakes and I rear ended him, totally his fault. The officer said I was careless and gave me a $500 ticket. I think it's totalled. "
Old Mar 13, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

I have Wawanesa which is only available in California and Oregon, and I pay $1350 per year (100/300). Which is alright comparing my G35 which I pay $1225 per year, and my r6 which I pay $800 per year. Coming from AAA which I would say is the best insurance out, but too pricey.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I pay $3600 a year (two cars). The reason the Evo is the most expensive car to insure (in the US) is because so many teenagers buy them (or have their idiotic parents buy them) and then they proceed to wrap the thing around a telephone while attempting tokyo drift style. If a car is both cheap, and very fast, naturally it will be abused more and statistically people will wreck them more than a C6 Z06.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 04:13 PM

Im in Jersey, and I was dumb enough to put the car under my name and my own insurance policy. And Im gonna probally be forced to sell it, and buy another one and have it under my moms name cause insurance is Fu##ing INSANE!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I

I am still trying to make logical sense to the fact that the Evo has the highest insurance rate of the 3 for my insurance company(USAA)

man that stinks
Old Mar 13, 2007, 05:46 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
If you can insure a C6 Z06 for less than $1k annually, its time to BUY BUY BUY!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 06:51 PM
Account Disabled

yea i got hammered by my insurance too.$2000 every 6 months geico,miami florida.i just bought my evo like 2 weeks ago.this came out of no where.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 07:05 PM

Paying $471/six months from A.I.S. 25/50. I don't think I can do much better.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks guys for your participation, the responses were overwhelming, I think we saw a bit of everything on each of your testimonies.

I am an average guy like you, that have a decent driving record(last speeding ticket in April 96). I definately put a good foundation of data for those of you that are aiming to replace the Evo at some point of your life.

Many people makes the mistake of buying a car without checking how much the insurance would be, many others owns a Evo and pay more on insurance payments than on the car itself.

As I said before, I move forward with my new ride which is roughly 10-15% cheaper to insure that it was my Evo.

Changing the subject, if you ever decide that you have enough of Evo please, please please go for a test drive of the 335I, It would not dissapoint you at all, it is the perfect balance of sport/luxury car for an affordable budget.

Carlos
Old Mar 13, 2007, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Thanks guys for your participation, the responses were overwhelming, I think we saw a bit of everything on each of your testimonies.

I am an average guy like you, that have a decent driving record(last speeding ticket in April 96). I definately put a good foundation of data for those of you that are aiming to replace the Evo at some point of your life.

Many people makes the mistake of buying a car without checking how much the insurance would be, many others owns a Evo and pay more on insurance payments than on the car itself.

As I said before, I move forward with my new ride which is roughly 10-15% cheaper to insure that it was my Evo.

Changing the subject, if you ever decide that you have enough of Evo please, please please go for a test drive of the 335I, It would not dissapoint you at all, it is the perfect balance of sport/luxury car for an affordable budget.

Carlos

Just what I was thinking, im paying more a month for insurance then I am for car payments as we speak. So its gonna come down to me having to sell my evo, and either get a e46 m3 or another evo and just put it all under my moms name for cheaper insurance.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by skywestseth
Let me start by saying, DONT TRADE YOUR EVO FOR A VETTE!!! I sold my evo in december for a 2003 z06....I have never hated a car like the vette, it is just a cavalier wrapped in a nice fiberglass/plastic package. Stay with the evo, I am trying to buy mine back asap!!!

I'm ready to sell my Evo and my next car will be either a 2008 c6 or a used 03-04 Z06. Other than a plasticky interior, what did u hated about the z06?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by EVOfunk

I'm ready to sell my Evo and my next car will be either a 2008 c6 or a used 03-04 Z06. Other than a plasticky interior, what did u hated about the z06?
I have driven a few c5 z06's and I cant complain. I have even thaught about buying one but the 2-seater factor always shoots down the idea. As far as the c5 z06 the interior is plasticky yeah, but it makes up for it in the performance region. And in my oppinion, I would go with the 08 C6.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
^WTF lol my lancer es is 1175 every 6 months now in FL with bare minimum and comp. my old policy as of last week was 1750 every 6 months in NJ with just liability
What did you do, run over 25 poeople, got speeding ticket going 226MPH and smashed 6 cars while being drunk??? What the hell are they charging you so much for? Especially on a regular lancer?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont know if this had already been mentioned in previous posts, but I didnt read thru them all.

I think that the C6 Z06 rates are lower because the average owner for that car is like 45-50 years old....and hopefully at that age they would have some self control and maturity behind their driving habits
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:42 PM

i saved money by switching to geico

Quick Reply: Evo insurance vs C6 Z06 and BMW 335i