Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo insurance vs C6 Z06 and BMW 335i

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down Evo insurance vs C6 Z06 and BMW 335i

I am still trying to make logical sense to the fact that the Evo has the highest insurance rate of the 3 for my insurance company(USAA)

You would think that a car with:
4 doors..
4 cylinder..
the lowest price tag..
and the lowest displacement .. should be the cheapest right?

Well, apparently no. I hunted for cars last week, I test drove a 07 C6 Z06 with a price tag of about $75000 after the taxes, my insurance quoted me lower than the Evo 8 MR. I gave the insurance company the full VIN but still the Evo was more expensive.

The vette cost twice as much as the Evo
it is a truly coupe
and it has 8 cylinders with big displacement

I also got quoted for the BMW 335i which cost $48Gs(custom made with options) and some change after taxes and again it was cheaper despite being a:

coupe
having 6 cylinders
having a much higher market value

My Evo 8 MR was after all a 2.5 year old car so is not like when it was new which cost $38k out of the door.

Many people might not realize it but having a Evo comes with the "package" of high risk insurance factor I guess..

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Mar 12, 2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

My EVO has similar rates as my old 2005 E46 M3. I'm with Geico. Difference between both was a few bucks. I have no tickets, no accidents, but live in New York though...
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

It is just crazy bro.. you would think a 07 Z06 which can hit 200mph and has 505hp would be consider a thread to a driver if you drive it nuts.

All 3 cars are very safe, I would expect the quotes to be in a numerical order base on the value and price of the car, the secondarily other aspects such two doors/4 doors, 4cyl/8cyl, etc

I am in the service so I assume Geyco would be comparable.

Carlos
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
It is just crazy bro.. you would think a 07 Z06 which can hit 200mph and has 505hp would be consider a thread to a driver if you drive it nuts.

All 3 cars are very safe, I would expect the quotes to be in a numerical order base on the value and price of the car, the secondarily other aspects such two doors/4 doors, 4cyl/8cyl, etc

I am in the service so I assume Geyco would be comparable.

Carlos
I was with USAA for sometime, but after I ETS'd out of the Army, I tried Geico... in my case they were a tad less expensive. YMMV though; but it can't hurt to call em up and get a quote.

BTW, just for reference... my 6 month premium just for the EVO is 862 bucks. That's with comp/collision, the whole shebang. I think my liabilities are 100/300k.
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:34 PM

wow that sucks, i never knew it would be higher than a z06
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

From: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
^WTF lol my lancer es is 1175 every 6 months now in FL with bare minimum and comp. my old policy as of last week was 1750 every 6 months in NJ with just liability
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Amstel78,

I was once married to a military member. She had a Lexus LX 450 SUV about- 7 8 years ago and she was with Geico for years.
On the other hand I had a Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD Cabriolet (about 7 years ago) insured with USAA.

We both talked to our companies and try to make the best deal, despite being both in the service it was very expensive for me to switch to Geyco and it was very expensive for her to switch to USAA. We left our policies alone, I kept mine and she kept hers.

With these stupid policies and stupids codes you never know. Many insurance companies will give you a good rate until you drop the word Turbo, then all the sudden your profile falls under "dangerous/racing dricing".

Carlos
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

well it is bit of a risk to the insurance company because you can go faster but i think its because its an import im with progressive and have an oz rally and a Jeep Grand cherokke and its 1200 for 6 months with full comp which isnt to bad considering what it was with mercury those heathen bastards
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I am still trying to make logical sense to the fact that the Evo has the highest insurance rate of the 3 for my insurance company(USAA)

You would think that a car with:
4 doors..
4 cylinder..
the lowest price tag..
and the lowest displacement .. should be the cheapest right?

Well, apparently no. I hunted for cars last week, I test drove a 07 C6 Z06 with a price tag of about $75000 after the taxes, my insurance quoted me lower than the Evo 8 MR. I gave the insurance company the full VIN but still the Evo was more expensive.

The vette cost twice as much as the Evo
it is a truly coupe
and it has 8 cylinders with big displacement

I also got quoted for the BMW 335i which cost $48Gs(custom made with options) and some change after taxes and again it was cheaper despite being a:

coupe
having 6 cylinders
having a much higher market value

My Evo 8 MR was after all a 2.5 year old car so is not like when it was new which cost $38k out of the door.

Many people might not realize it but having a Evo comes with the "package" of high risk insurance factor I guess..

Carlos
You can thank all those idiots that have been crashing their evos!!!
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
^WTF lol my lancer es is 1175 every 6 months now in FL with bare minimum and comp. my old policy as of last week was 1750 every 6 months in NJ with just liability
That is crazy dude.. how many speeding tickets do you have?

Carlos
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOGOD21
You can thank all those idiots that have been crashing their evos!!!
I was going to mention something about it but I kept it to myself.. yea , you are right. The car repairs goes into a national data and everytime an Evo crashes it gets reported for the most part but I guess that it also happens to any other vehicle.

Carlos
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

My Evo even being 10 years old is still $2200 a year and that is under my parents insurance which is much cheaper.
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

My wife has a DUI on her record and it is cheaper to insure her on the Evo than it is to insure her on her Honda Ridgeline.
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
My Evo even being 10 years old is still $2200 a year and that is under my parents insurance which is much cheaper.
Holly guacamole!! that is crazy, I was paying $540 every 6 month with basicly all the options on the full coverage and a deductible of $500.

$2200 a year? why? even with your parents on it? WOW. Insurance companies makes mega $$$$$

Carlos
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

well yea the ridgeline is more metal and is considered a lethal weapon in an accident

Quick Reply: Evo insurance vs C6 Z06 and BMW 335i