Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone using a Ralliart drop in filter...?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2003, 01:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good info guys...
Old Jun 6, 2003, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

im getting ralli-art

Last edited by silvrevo; Jun 6, 2003 at 05:03 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Where did you get your Ralliart filter from ? Japanparts.net or somewhere local in the states ?
Old Jun 6, 2003, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by zx6r
Where did you get your Ralliart filter from ? Japanparts.net or somewhere local in the states ?
Vivid but they are overpriced so try and talk them down ... sorry Vivid .... quit tryin' to sell over retail ..... ummmmmmmm, RMR test pipe $140 .... RMR test pipe from RMR = $99 Houston we have a problem ....
Old Jun 6, 2003, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

z1auto.com
Old Jun 6, 2003, 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evo1

Vivid but they are overpriced so try and talk them down ... sorry Vivid .... quit tryin' to sell over retail ..... ummmmmmmm, RMR test pipe $140 .... RMR test pipe from RMR = $99 Houston we have a problem ....
LOL. Good one.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

How exactly do you clean this filter. I got mine today and the instructions are from Japan. I guess you just use water washing from the outside in, or is it from the inside out. I dont think you have to oil these foam filters. Also how often should these be cleaned?

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:25 AM

Good Morning Forum,

Sorry if I bring back this year-old topic. I also have a Ralliart Filter installed on my Evo IX. I had no problem inserting the filter itself with the logo facing down to the engine side but what way do I have to insert the red metal frame?

My car has now about 13000km and I had the frame installed with the rubber seal facing up. Yesterday I cleaned the filter and noticed quite some dirt on the outer edges of the airbox. Luckliy the filter's seal kept it from being sucked into the engine.

So, again, my question is: Do I insert the metal frame with the rubber seal facing up or down?

Thanks,
Ramon
Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wmcorcor
What other drop-in type air filters are people using in their EVO's?? K&N...?
I used 2 ralliart filters for about 40k then which to the WORKS drop in. The Works drop in felt a little better & plus I get to hear a nice swoooosh from the DV..
Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

holy crap, someone was grave robbing...

LOL...
Old Dec 1, 2006, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wmcorcor
Speaking just for myself I want a drop-in filter (no modifications) to get better air-flow without sacrificing reliable filtering. Also having a cleanable filter element is better than buyng one cheap one after another. In the other turbo cars I've owner I had noticeable, althought not dramatic gains from a K&N drop-in filter.

Personally I don't plan any mechanical mods since I don't race this car and I'd rather not play warranty roulette. Also after modding out three other cars it gets a little old having to take the car to 5 different mechanics depending on what you think may be broken.

I will do cosmetic and simple drop-in mods but that's it and I think the air filter is an easy one.
Well if you ever need warranty work done make sure you take out the drop in if its not a ralliart. I heard from a guy I know that works for mitsu that a rep voided some poor guys warranty for the kandn. Also if you get different size wheels I would switch back to the stock ones before going to dealer as a another guy I heard had his warranty for having non stock wheels. It sounds redicoulous but its true and you will be the one trying to prove that your mods did not cause the failure even though it should be mitsu proving that they did cause the failure.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:29 AM

I have a Ralliart filter in my IX and I just had a HKS Hi-Power installed on my IX. I think that the Ralliart is a good filter. I just wished Ralliart would bring more parts for the Evo to the States.