Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I bought a wrecked EVO IX :(

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They may have not known either, this could have been a scam on them that unfortunatly fell on you. GOOD LUCK....
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear it. I'd go back to the dealer and mention lawyers if I were you.
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me t......oh nevermind
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:11 AM

I think that is illegal. They have to inform you that the car has been totaled before. I would get a lawyer if I was you.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Well I know that there was a 2 car accident and I know that the hood was replaced the back passenger quarter panel was replaced, and the trunk and spoiler. I can see where it has been fixed now that I know it has been wrecked
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Carfax is a must. If the car is new or not, I always use it just to check. It also lets me know what to look for. At the very least you should take your car to a very competent mechanic and have him check the whole thing out. You never know the shady job someone could have done to get your car to look like new. It's sad you can't trust anyone these days.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

I already have a lawyer and alot of friends at other private dealerships that gave me really good advice on what I should do first.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Well they did the autocheck and nothing showed up but I couldnt take the car to any mechanic because the car was in Florida and I live in NC so when I bought the car the guy at the dealership swore up and down that the car was in perfect shape and was in showroom condition.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by subydudesti
Well they did the autocheck and nothing showed up but I couldnt take the car to any mechanic because the car was in Florida and I live in NC so when I bought the car the guy at the dealership swore up and down that the car was in perfect shape and was in showroom condition.
See now they're just playing games with words. Did you ask them specifically if the car had ever been in an accident and repaired? If they won't answer it, don't buy - simple. "Showroom condition" means different things to different people. That could just mean the paint is shiny - which I would hope it would be if it has a brand new paint job courtesy of the wreck.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what did you pay for the car? how does it drive? If it was a low price I wouldn't say that you'd been "played". Low prices are low for a reason. Just because it was repaired doesn't mean it is "bad".
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

+100000000 on the carfax especially on a used vehicle

but this is why I bought both my evo's brand spankin new...you never know what was exactly done to the car by the previous owner.

but on the other hand your dealer was quite shady for not bringing up the fact that the car had previous damage unless they didnt know of course
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

If the dealership did not know themself that the car was in a major accident, I'm not sure there's much you can do. If the car has a salvaged title, then yeah, you can raise hell. But if the car was damaged and repaired to spec, then they'll probably fight you to keep the car and have grounds for it.

You might have some ground in saying that the dealership should have done its due dilligence with the car prior to selling it to you, especially if your insurance company was able to figure it out easily.

Good luck
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

id go over there and chew their asses out. as for buying a used evo i wouldnt dare. i try going over there and getting out of that deal, getting your money back. afterwards head to a new dealership and a get a brand spanking new evo 9.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:33 AM

I still don't understand what the problem is? You bought a car that was in an accident? You drove it for 5 months and there obviously wasn't anything wrong with it.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

this is why i dont usually buy any used products. except DVDs
hope you get what you want soon.

Quick Reply: I bought a wrecked EVO IX :(