Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just saw VIP showwing of TOO RICE TOO REDICULOUS... Go watch Finding Nemo instead

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2003, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saw VIP showing of TOO RICE TOO REDICULOUS... Go watch Finding Nemo instead

MAAAAAANNNNNNN I just went and watched a VIP showing held by our local Mitsu. Man just when you thought acting couldn't get any worse...... My suggestion is to go see a different movie.... the only thing worth seeing in this movie is Eva Mendes i'd pay to see that any day. If you going for any other reason, I hear Finding Nemo was good..... LOL

F**KIN' HOLLYWOOD HAD TO GO RUIN STREET RACING

Having known what really goes on at street races... this movie scores a generous 3 out of 10

P.S. Excuse the misspells it's 3am

Last edited by 1QWKEVO; Jun 6, 2003 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 07:19 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Com'on you know we will watch it anyways. What do you score on the 1st one?
Old Jun 6, 2003, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you honestly expect something better??
Old Jun 6, 2003, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

if you went to the movie expecting JDM road drifters and 1000hp 10 sec cars, then you'll be highly disappointed...

if you go to the movies for entertainment, you gotta say Tyrese was the comic relief... he was great... even though paul walker can't act for sh*t

if you're into the import scene and have friday nite available, it's worth seeing... it's a MOVIE... not real life....
Old Jun 6, 2003, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

what did you expect??

Oh come on, what did you expect? 2F2F was much like FF and no worse than any other "car" movie with a few notable exeptions. I enjoyed because I suspended judgement and disbelief.... It's no worse than the vast majority of TV shows or action movies... Totally made-up preposterous stuff. It's just for fun..... Lots of flashy colors & lights, lots of noise, a few adrenalyn producing footing, some pretty girls....Hey, what do you want for free???

Did you see any EVOs nearby?
Old Jun 6, 2003, 09:19 AM

So I go to test drive a red Evo at the same dealership I pulled my deposit on for trying to price gouge me... they had one sitting out, I was feeling naughty... so I'm talking with the salesman... there are 2F2F posters and marquees up EVERYWHERE... they even had an eclipse that was decked out to look like the one in the movie (only mostly mitsi parts and no graphics). So I'm telling the salesman just how much the Fast and Furious connection has killed my interest in the evo and how I'm trying really hard to appreciate the car for what it is, not what others see it as... just like the Integra Type R its a wonderful vehicle if you can look past the FF image.

So he nods and we both talk about rally herritage and Tommi's WRC heydays in the Evo 5 and 6... and I start the car. The radio comes on to a local alternative channel and playing on that radio is a 2F2F commercial followed by a Mitsibishi Evo plug, followed by the theme song to 2F2F.

We sat there speachless for about one minute then started busting out laughing. The salesman turned off the radio and I took my test drive.

You know I used to make fun of that carbon fiber wing... but after seeing the STi in person and being able to flex the rear wing with only light pressure from my hand the Evo's wing seems more and more reasonable.

My wife test drove the Evo as well after I did. She said it was nice and relaxed compaired to our car.. just much faster when the loud pedal is pushed. We kill ourselves driving a race prepped Mazdaspeed Protege around town... so the evo felt like a freak'n towncar to us.

-Tom
Old Jun 6, 2003, 10:33 AM

I saw the movie last night as well. Heh. I bought a $30k car and got to see a movie for free!

Overall, if you just turn off your brain and enjoy the cars and girls and comedy relief provided by "Baby Boy," it's quite entertaining. I knew what to expect, so I was able to completely enjoy myself. I don't need to see a movie with a message every time I go to the theatre, so I was more than happy with this film. The only thing I didn't like was getting patted down by the Universal Pictures security guards. Oh well.

- Kevin.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

I am going because my friends and I are into import racing and cars and want to be entertained.....I fully expect the movie to stink...I just want to see the cars...well...and some other things.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jotan82

paul walker can't act for sh*t
You couldn't be more right...

Even last night when I was watching the MTV movie awards, he freaking couldnt even read the screen without sounding like he's reading a screen. He was totally monotone while Tyrese was trying to crack some jokes too. One sentence and he cant do it right!! What a dud...
Old Jun 6, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

entertainment HAHAH

Bad acting is not entertainment, it's annoying it's like having a conversation with someone who's illiterate and believe me I expected this movie to suck before I went in, but I didn't think it would be as bad as the first one I mean if your going to make a sequel try and atleast make it better then the first.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

pot calling the kettle black?

Originally posted by 1QWKEVO
entertainment HAHAH

Bad acting is not entertainment, it's annoying it's like having a conversation with someone who's illiterate and believe me I expected this movie to suck before I went in, but I didn't think it would be as bad as the first one I mean if your going to make a sequel try and atleast make it better then the first.
Speaking of illiterate...That's one huge run-on sentence you have there! huhu

SC~
Old Jun 6, 2003, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

annoying isn't it?...
Old Jun 6, 2003, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

i just saw it
lol man i wish cars in real life were that slow it be so easy to make money
haha first race they bet like 120 k on a race took him at least a minut to get to 80 mph
id run circles around those fools lol
Old Jun 6, 2003, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i saw it on thursday like a special screening or something, i found it entertaining and i liked the green evo and ive seen nemo really good quality on nemo everything looked so real in 2f2f they used a lot more special effects than they used in the first one, i guess they tried to hard. it was good.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

I have my free ticket or else I would not even go. I think Paul Walker can not act at all except in Joy Ride I think that was good.